100 Great Wolf Drive, Grapevine, Texas, 76051, United States
Expedia.com Hotels.com amextravel.com

More about Great Wolf Lodge

Loved the Great Wolf Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member OKfamily4

A group of 7 of us (2 adults and 5 children) just returned from a weekend stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. (Last year we stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City and enjoyed it too). We had a wonderful time! The hotel is beautiful with the "northern lodge" ambiance and decor throughout. The waterpark is larger than the one in Kansas City, and it has a wave pool (which K.C. doesn't have). We stayed in the KidCabin suite, which was so much fun for the kids. The cabin was adorable with cute paintings on the walls. Our room was spacious and easily accommodated a rollaway bed (blow-up air mattress). It has a table with two chairs, couch that makes into a full-size bed, and a queen bed. The beds were firm, but we all slept comfortably. I will review the different areas of the hotel that we experienced:

WATERPARK: Fun, fun, fun! The hotel was completely full while we were there, but the waterpark never felt too full. The lines were short in the early morning and late evening, but even during the busiest time the lines weren't too long of a wait. We've gone to our local water park (White Water Bay) and waited much, much longer for a ride. I estimate the longest we ever waited was 15 minutes for a ride.

The wave pool was great. The waves are so big!

The hot tub felt so good and we visited it frequently.

The lazy river was fun and never too crowded. Actually, no area was ever too crowded.

Our kids had a blast in the kiddie pool area and the fort area. There are so many fun things to do in each area.

FOOD: The pizza at the snack shop in the water park is delicious!! We didn't try the burgers, salads, or hot dogs.

We didn't eat at the buffet restaurant, but we did eat at the bar & grill on the floor above. It was wonderful! We had barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, burgers, pizza, and spaghetti. All of it was delicious. We were a little hesitant to eat there due to reading a few bad reviews, but honestly the food was so good everywhere we ate in the hotel.

Pizza Hut was yummy.

The pastry shop had fresh, yummy donuts. Try the cream cheese bear claws!

Vending machine sodas and water are $2, so try to bring your own to put in your room refrigerator.

GR8T SPACE: Our teenager had a blast in this teen club. It was well worth the $20 for him to have access. He met several new friends and had lots of fun on the internet, playing Guitar Hero, and dancing/listening to music.

CUB CLUB: All of the kids, even our teenager, had fun in the Cub Club where they made frog boxes and painted ceramic banks. The staff in this craft area was so friendly and helpful.

SHOPS: The shops have adorable clothing and really neat decorative/gift items.

ELEVATORS: We were on the sixth floor, so we used the elevators rather than stairs all weekend. There was a looooong wait (20 minutes or so) for the elevators after we checked in and were bringing our luggage to the room. However, the remainder of the weekend we never waited over 5 minutes for an elevator. There are lots of kids playing MagicQuest (we didn't play), which is the cause of the elevators being so busy.

ARCADE: We had fun in the arcade. There's a big variety of games, and you can turn in tickets for prizes (which my kids love). My favorite game was "Deal or No Deal" -- just like the tv show. We all had fun playing that together! We won 110 tickets with the first game and 75 tickets with the 2nd game!

PARKING: The lodge was fully booked while we were there, and parking was an issue. Good luck finding a space! And when you do, I wouldn't leave until you're ready to check out.

All in all, the Great Wolf Lodge was a wonderful experience and all the children had a blast. They can hardly wait to go back again.

Expected More

by TripAdvisor Member redeyex

We also stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. The elevators are a major problem with all the kids playing the Magic game. They run the halls unsupervised until late at night.

The food is very overpriced and mediocre. Would recommend that you visit the plethora of restraunts near by.

The chlorine in the pool is overwhelming. My son's skin was literally burned from the chemicals in this pool and he only stayed for 2 hours.

Thanks Southlake Sooner for your advice. I only wish I had taken it.

LOVED The Great Wolf

by TripAdvisor Member BonVoyageLa

We just stayed at The Great Wolf Lodge Feb 29-March 1 and had a wonderful time! After reading the reviews on here we had some hesitation but felt we were prepared. We got to the hotel a little after 1pm. There was plenty of parking and we found spots for our 2 vehicles without a problem. We walked right up to the front desk and checked in. There wasn't a line and our room was ready. We grabbed 2 of the many luggage carts and were on our way. The double queen room was spacious enough for the 4 adults, 2 year old and infant we had. The staff knocked on our door within 5 minutes and wheeled in a pack and play for us. We couldn't have been more pleased!!

The waterpark was excellent and offered plenty for our 2 children to enjoy. There was an abundance of lifejackets and lifegurards to set our mind at ease with 2 little ones. We easily found a table and left our food, drinks and belongings unattended. The waterpark was clean and organized. The lines for the "big" rides weren't too bad. It would definitely be more efficient if they had more than 1 attendant at the top of each slide and if they let riders go down at a faster pace. They make you wait until the person below you has exited the pool but I'm sure they do that for safety reasons with all of the kids there.

The wristbands are very convenient and we didn't have any problem at all with the elevators. We ordered dinner at the restaurant but took it back to our room. We felt all of the prices were fair - they are what's to be expected at any hotel/resort and the food was good. We definitely enjoyed our 2 day, 1 night vacation and can't wait to go again!!

Family Fun

by TripAdvisor Member jtpmd

My family of five just returned from the Great Wolf Lodge. Overall it was a fun trip.
The lodge is brand new and very clean. Check-in will require some patience. There were so many people that it took about 30 minutes.
Now for the major draw back to the lodge: the elevators. There are only four for this massive complex, and people will get on regardless of the direction, just so they will have a spot on the elevator. The kids can play a game that requires them to search the entire lodge, and this means they ride the elevators from floor to floor. So therefore the elevators are extremely crowded. After waiting once or twice, we took the stairs, even though we were on the 7th floor.
The water park was great, and my kids really enjoyed themselves. Lots to do, but again, lots of people.
The food is relatively expensive, but you can bring your own if you plan ahead.
I asked one of the employees about the construction, and he informed me that they were working on another parking lot (which they need) and more rooms. WOW. I sure hope they add some elevators.
There is a small outdoor water park, but this was obviously not open in February.
This is a fun place for kids, with lots to do, but they need to fine tune a few things.

New Hotel with lot's of potential

by TripAdvisor Member sasasubine

I stayed at the lOdge Right when it opened I just came to this page to see what other people thought of it and i was shocked about all htese negative reviews.
What people don't seem to recognize is that this is a new Hotel, If you ever stayed at a property that is open for less then 3 month you have to expect certain issues.

My experience was amazing. At the time i came not everything was open yet , but we still had a great time.

The Hotel has a ton of differnet room styles to choose from there is something for every traveler. they have rooms with just one King bed (some even with whirlpool) for couples and business people, the adorable Family themed rooms which are great for families with1-3 children and the larger suites for bigger groups like large families or 2 smaller families traveling together.

They have free wireless internet access in tho Hotel which i think is great, because most bigger and nicer Hotels you have to pay for internet. They have bell service which is unusual for the Great wolf lodges, and the bellmen i delt with very very nice and able to answer all my questions. They also offered a lot of information while taking me up to my room. And they even gave me a tour of different rooms, when i asked if i could see what rooming options they have. ( they only do that during the week due to high occupancy on the weekends)

Everybody in this Hotel I delt with was extremly nice. I was there right at the beginning so some people were unable to give me the information i wanted right away, but they would always go the extra step to find out and then get back to me.

I also had some issues with the hot water in the room. But the engineering department and the front desk were great they accomodated me in a different room and gave me free breakfast.

I really enjoyed the waterpark, they have 4 tube slides and 2 body slides, a wavepool, a smal kiddie pool a bigger childrens pool with waterbasketball, a family hot tub and an adults only hot tub.

I love that only inhouse guests are able to use the Waterpark, keeps it from being overcrowded.
I'm looking forward to the opening of the outside part of the waterpark in the summer, which will have 2 more slides.
But I actually think that in a texas summer the about 85 degrees in the inside water park Will feel pretty nice!

I stayed there with a couple frineds we're all in our 20s and we had a great time, But i think it's even more fun with children. I'm looking forward to bringing my nieces and nephews next time.
They have so much fun stuff for kids, alone that interactive wandcam looks like a blast! and all those crafts you can do in the Cub Club.

Most of all i was impressed with they're service. everybody had an open ear for questions and issues and everybody tried to help and make up for it.
You can have plumbing, technical or other issues in every hotel, but how the people react to it and deal with it when you have it is for me the most important thing in a hotel.

At the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine everybody I talked to cared about about my experience and was trying her/his best to resolve even the smallest issue.

I would recommend it to everybody i know, but i also advise everyone to try not to stay on a friday, saturday or holiday night because it's packed. adn that means some waiting times everywhere. Rates are better for sunday through thursday too. And less people less stress, right?

So I'd say pack your swimsuite and and head to the lodge for some fun!
I'll definetly be back there!

GWL is a great weekend getaway for families with kids....

by TripAdvisor Member ERmommy

Wow...hard to believe that southlake and I checked in on the same day and to the same place. We booked our room online about a month in advance and had a corporate discount, so we paid just $229.00 for the same room. We never use valet parking since we are perfectly capable healthy adults, so I didn't care about that. It took maybe 3 minutes for my husband to find a parking space. Great Wolf can't control the weather, people !Our 8 year old schlepped her luggage in with us.

The lobby was semi-crowded, but it was far from a mess. We got in line and enjoyed watching the water park while we waited maybe 5 minutes. We got there at 1:45 fully expecting that our room would not be ready until 4. We checked in and then walked down the hall just to explore the hotel a little bit....we barely made it down the hall when we got a call on our cell phone that our room was ready early !

We swam and played for the next 5 hours it seems. The water is clean, the park is pristine, the slides are great and there is a variety of speeds and thrills for different ages. We took a dinner break and ate pizza. They could probably improve on the Pizza Hut by staffing it better, but until they do, just plan on ordering about 15 minutes before you want to eat. We brought our own drinks, so we ate happily in our room and didn't feel like we had been gypped out of $$ on the drinks.

We swam the rest of the night until the water park closed @ 10 pm. My only complaint is that I was sooo looking forward to drinking a margarita in the hot tub, but the bar closed at 9 while I was on one of the water slides.

The rooms were nice with a quaint lodge theme throughout. Very clean and the mattresses were great as well. No complaints at all.

LOVED having the room key on a disc inside of our bracelet and also the ability to charge to the bracelet. It was nice not having to carry a key and $$ everywhere we went.

We skipped the weird wizard game. As my 8 year old said, why spend your whole night walking around lighting up signs when you could be in the water park?

I

great waterpark

by TripAdvisor Member billybman

I am writing this review after our first day with two more to go. First things first the waterpark is great for adults and kids. No wind, sunburn, heat to worry about. Just good clean fun. We are staying in a kids cabin and it is comfortable and clean. The ceiling are 12ft high and the room is fairly large. We are used to paying a premium for good food but at Great Wolf the food is bad no matter how much you pay. The hamburgers tasted like the stuff you get in a convience store and you pay a pretty penny for bad food. $4.50 for a beer and almost as much for a Pepsi. The elevators are way overloaded but if you must use them get on one no matter which way it's headed. We used the stairs but we were lucky to be on the first floor. I feel sorry for those on the upper floors. This can be a good time but I recommend bringing as much drinks and snacks as you can.

Not too bad, the kids loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Member_Too

We booked directly and got a slight discount. Thank you! We stayed on Valentine's Day. Jessica was very nice and personable at check in. The wait time wasn't too long. The hotel is very nice and new. We stayed with another family in a different room. The rooms are a bit pricey at 300 a night for normal prices and up to 500 a night! The water park was well done, something for almost everyone and not too crowded. The ambient temp was about 80-85 degrees, but the water was surprisingly cold for an indoor water park! The kids lips were turning blue after about an hour, so they had to get out. The food was pricey at 55 for supper for 2 adults 1 kids (the youngest was free. It was 25 or 30 for breakfast for 2 adults, the kids ate donuts from downstairs). It was typical buffet fare, but you can have custom food made by their chef while you wait.

Magicquest was expensive at 27.50 per wand (the kids keep the plastic wand) but this is the biggest hit by far. There are interactive items placed all throughout the hotel and on the floors in the hallways. They animate with a flick of the wand. By following a certain order they get magic items and advance in the game. The downside is that it requires going up and down multiple floors.This ties up the elevators. They ask the gameplayers to use the stairs, but this doesn't happen for the most part. The animatronic show in the lobby was well received and the kids had fun in the arcade.

Overall, it's a fun place for the kids, they will enjoy it. It's all about them right? I think it will be better during summer when it's warmer, plus they will have the outdoor water park (the only one in the chain) ready. They need to give out maps so it shows you where everything is. We had to find everything ourselves. Kind of an adult adventure game.

Adjust your expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Traveldenali

We stayed 2 nights at the GWL in Grapevine - Sunday night through Tuesday. Not too crowded at all. I read several reviews prior to going so I had prepared myself for the worst. Let me start with - This is not a 5-star hotel. It is a fun place for kids to play in the water park and play the MagiQuest game. Food - average and overpriced. Ammenities - none. Fun for kids - perfect. If you are looking for a luxury resort - this is not the place. No valet parking, no bell hop to help tote bags, no room service, bar closes early, etc. If you are looking for a fun place for kids to play in an indoor water park(while it was snowing outside), this is your place. We will go back because the kids loved it - not because the adults loved it. But then again, we went for the kids, not for the adults.

They have a lot to learn from Disney

by TripAdvisor Member flode

I brought 7, 13 year-old girls for a birthday party and one other adult. We had a loft suite (very spacious) and a family suite. Rooms were not ready when we arrived at 2:00 pm and there was a long line at the check in desk; however I was able to obtain wristbands to allow my guests to begin swimming in the waterpark. Changing room available.

Elevators can be very slow at peak times and we were on the 8th floor. Rooms were as expected, in good condition and quiet, considering large jets are landing across the parking lot at DFW. As others mentioned, lighting is dim in bathroom and other areas of the rooms.

Waterpark was fun for all. Saturday night there was a slowdown on the most desirable slides due to one attendant servicing two slides at a time. This is inexcusable and should be addressed.

We ate at the waterpark concessions and the girls liked the pizza. If we had to eat more than one meal there, there was little variety.

We dined at the Critter restaurant at 10 pm on a Saturday evening and were seated at a table and ignored by all staff for 15 minutes. I had to flag a server to inquire who was assigned to the table and several minutes later was greeted by a server who did a good job taking care of us.

On check out day, we packed up the suitcases in one of our rooms and brought them to the car by 9:00 am. We did not check out this room and planned to do so at 11:00 am after visiting the waterpark. When I returned to the room, at 10 am, the door was ajar and had obviously been cleaned! This is unacceptable.

Overall, the girls were very pleased with the hotel and waterpark. I found it very safe and attractive, but lacking in the kind of service that would make it a great destination for parents as well as kids.

provided by websiteprovided by website

Rainforest CafeRainforest Cafe

Pastries To Delight In!Pastries To Delight In!

Laser Tag!Laser Tag!

• Mar 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Overall we had a fun time & there is plenty to keep your little pack occupied however I agree with other comments I read that this place is a pedophiles dream & there are way too many kids running around like crazy unsupervised. I don't blame the staff for that however-rather the foolish parents that are likely to busy at the bar or poolside with a few cold ones to give a crud what may happen to their kids!
    Sadly we didn't even enjoy our last day there & left early. We got to take home a lovely souvenir though, my eldest daughter & I had chemical conjunctivitis (eye infection) & my youngest had rash on her body. There were obvious issues with the chemical levels & we saw several children choking from the levels in the indoor part of the water park. My daughters could not get in the child/adult hot tub any longer after their cousin & myself had major asthmatic attacks from sitting in there no longer than a couple of minuts max. We also witnessed other children experiencing this as well & one that a mother had ot physically carry outside gasping and another child unattended in the restroom choking that another visitor had to get a lifeguard to help. I have no idea if they ever found or informed the parents the child was having breathing troubles. It was very evident this was a major issue though.

If it wasn't that I suffered the entire day & night from what the chemicals did I think we would have enjoyed this place. They need to get this hazard under control for sure though.

I also thought a few of the employees didn't seem thrilled with their jobs & it showed, however there were some great young kids working their that were very helpful & professional positive attitudes so they balanced out the not so great couple. The biggest issue was the hazard with the ventilation & chemicals, they better get that under control or I see a lawsuit in their near future because it is seriously dangerous.
    Because of that safety concern sadly my family & I won't be going back & I don't suggest this place to anyone.