Hunt County Courthouse
The site of the courthouse has quite a history but this particular building was constructed in 1929. In 1995 it was recorded a Texas Historic Landmark in the National Register. General Thomas Green was the Town’s namesake, he was a general in the Texas Army in the war for independence from Mexico and, later a member of the Congress of the Republic of Texas. Hunt County was named in honour of Memucan Hunt who was Texas Secretary of the Navy.
Central Christian Church
This church is quite an impressive structure in the downtown area. The Gothic Revival style features towers, beautiful art glass windows and wonderful grill-like brickwork..
The first congregation formed in 1879 as the First Christian Church and met in a Union Church on Lee Street and a small frame sanctuary was built on Wesley St. The name was then changed to the Central Christian Church when the present sanctuary was constructed in 1898-99. It is the oldest church still remaining in Greenville. A major restoration project took place in 1986 and in 1989, it was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark.