Camelot Inn And Suites

10807 Veterans Memorial Dr, Houston, Texas, 77067, United States
AMOMA.com

More about Houston

Tall monumentsTall monuments

Doesn't excite me, but I know guys like engines!Doesn't excite me, but I know guys like engines!

You are trapped, Santa AnnaYou are trapped, Santa Anna

Leaving HoustonLeaving Houston

Moody Gardens

by Austinite_1

I am planning to visit Space centre and Moody Gardens on the same day. I know that I won’t be able to see everything at Moody Garden; therefore I have decided to get evening pass instead of full day pass. My question is how soon can we use our evening pass. In other words how early I can get there in order to use evening pass. I am pretty sure that they won’t let us use evening pass at early like noon. If anyone has any info on this then pleases post here. I couldn’t find any info about this on Moody Gardens Website. They also have a 1-800 number but its all recording. thanks

RE: Moody Gardens

by wasserball

Sorry Space Center (NASA Parkway, Houston). You will be disappointed if you pay more than $12 for a discounted ticket. The tram tour around JSC is boring. The driver points out buildings, but there is no hardware to see except a defuncted X-38 mockup. There is a Saturn 5 and a Redstone displayed at the park. I know I work for NASA at JSC. Save your time and money and visit the space center at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. There is much more real space hardware to see than in Houston.

RE: Moody Gardens

by bocmaxima

Agreed on the JSC. It's pretty lame, unless you have kids.

I looked on the Moody Gardens site and found this:

6-10pm Dec 15-Jan 1 including Xmas Eve and Xmas. It's for the Festival of Lights though. Moody Gardens is not normally open after 6pm (hours are here: http://www.moodygardens.com/plan-your-visit.html), so you'll probably miss out on most of the attractions.
If you're going all the way to Galveston, I would suggesting checking out the beach, the Strand and then heading over to Moody Gardens.

Hope that helps.

Travel Tips for Houston

Houston City Hall

by H-TownJourneyman

Located Downtown in Hermann Square at the corner of Bagby St. and Walker St. is the City Hall building. Many people visiting Houston, and many people living here for that matter, never see this 12 story building that has primarily ceremonial significance now, as many city commisions and services have relocated to other places downtown. But it remains the location where the mayor and city council conduct daily activities and meetings. Constructed of Texas limestone and opened in 1939, City Hall was one of the first buildings in Houston to be completely air conditioned, a fact that many Houstonians find incredible, with the sweltering heat the city has for most of the year. Its location in tiny Hermann Square gives it a pleasant apperance, with a large reflecting pool in front, and tall Texas oak trees around it's perimeter. A nice place to check out while downtown.

Oldest, & One Of The Best Sports Bar In Town!

by H-TownJourneyman about Griff's Irish Pub

Dating back to 1965 when it first opened it's doors, Griff's is the oldest sports bar in Houston. This Irish Pub has many televisions all over to view whatever sporting event of your choice. All around the place there is sports memoribilia, from autographed pictures to old football and baseball jerseys. The bar has a huge selection of beers on tap, as well as a decent menu of appetizers and sandwiches. If you are planning a special party, and would like to have it on wheels, Griff's has a converted school bus, known as the "Party Bus", available to rent and take you and your party all around town to various spots of your choice. But the best thing about this place is the St. Patrick's Day party in March! It is huge! They open up tents around the bar to accomodate more than the usual capacity of people, and have several live bands playing while the beer flows at a rapid pace! It's a great time! Very casual, no dress code

Tex Mex

by msbrandysue about Pappacito's Cantina

After a long hiatas from this restaurant I'm back to being a lover. A lover of the strong margaritas. A lover of the flautas. A lover of the made-in-the-restaurant (in front of the customers) tortillas. A lover of the queso. A lover of the laid back atmosphere...A bit weary of the wait, still. However, I'm gonna keep my original review because it gives an accurate depiction of what your tastes might be.

If you don't like to eat in a loud, busy atmosphere this might make a good happy hour place on a weekday.

Previous review: I'm a bit weary of this place. I personally feel that the prices do not reflect the taste. However, I'm pretty picky. It's just my opinion that Houston's mexican restaurants are no match for Dallas'. However, a lot of people in Houston prefer Pappacito's. I haven't found anything I like here. The margarita's aren't that good. The atmosphere is not that good. Why am I paying extra to sit in a lawn seat?? No waitor has ever given flour tortillas although they make them right in front of you. It just has always been a let down. Anytime I actually want to try something I get disappointed even more. If you want to try it, no one's gonna stop you. But if I were you I'd find something else.

MANY locations throughout Houston so shop around for the one closest to you.

Sun -Thurs: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Fri - Sat: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. I usually just stay with the queso and flautas. Not comparable to other places but I just don't understand what all the hype is about. I can't find anything I enjoy that much.

The Space Center

by Djinn76

This was the main goal of my visit to Houston. This is the official visitor center of the NASA's Johnson Space Center, the NASA's center from where the different Apollo missions were controlled.

I have spent there an afternoon, but this was slightly too short, count at least a day if you want to see everything.

The different exhibits are mainly an illustrated story of the spatial conquest. Mostly turned to the past (Apollo,...), there is also some parts about the present (ISS) and the future programs (settlement on the Moon, March exploration,...).

This picture, for example, shows the project of an emergency shuttle for an orbital station.

The visit is quite interesting, children will love it, there are plenty of experiences and animations dedicated to them. I was however slightly deceived, I was expecting something more technical or scientific but I guess all visitors are not engineer...

This is not really in the center of Houston but some 50 miles south of it.

Outdoor Concert - Earth Day Festival

by CLillard

You can see 5 different artists. It is really hot and humid outside, so you need to come prepared with a blanket, fan, light clothing. I don't think they let you bring in your own drinks because they sell it out there. Earth Day is hosted by the KRBE radio station. In the picture here, you can see Jewel onstage. In 2003 the concert was held end of May. It was $13 per person or only $10 if you have a "KRBE 104 card".

Comments