Candlewood Suites Houston IAH / Beltway 8

1500 N. Sam Houston Pkwy, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States

Candlewood Suites Houston IAH / Beltway 8
CandlewoodSuites Expedia.com Tingo.com

• redrodreverse's Profile Photo

Delayed boo, free hotel stay, nice!

I would recommend! I was one of the poor souls who missed a flight and had to spend a night in Houston. First impression of the hotel was the shuttle, nothing special, might have been just temporary. I was surprised though when the shuttle pulled up in front of the hotel. Courtious staff, and a very nice room! I walked in and the first thing i saw was the full size fridge, and then the range and dishwasher. A bit much for a one night stay, but if I had to stay for a week, it'd be awesome. Room is clean, shower is hot, towels are nice. Free wifi internet! (with CATV) plugin for those of you still carrying around 40 laptops with no wifi.thats pretty much all i got, i recommend it.

More about Houston

MAGNIFICENT BUILDINGS ON CAMPUSMAGNIFICENT BUILDINGS ON CAMPUS

5420 FLOYD STREET, HOUSTON...TEMPIETTO ZENI5420 FLOYD STREET, HOUSTON...TEMPIETTO ZENI

Crazy FrogsCrazy Frogs

Baker St. Pub VillageBaker St. Pub Village

48 hours in Houston

Here I come!

On Wednesday the 19th of May I'll be arriving in Houston for a short work trip. I'll be free until around noon on Friday. Who wants to meet up??

I'll be landing at Ellington Field, which I believe is on the south side of town. Probably staying nearby.

I've browsed some pages, and I think NASA is on my list..... but I'm open to other ideas....

by JoeNYC

I was going to say to catch a ballgame at Minute Maid Park, but just saw that they're on the road those days. Still, it's a cool stadium and maybe you would want to check that out.

Can't think of anything else since I've only been there once for a ball game game and a wedding. Houston didn't seem all that exciting to me, (I'm sure that will get all sorts of negative comments towards me) hopefully you can find something cool to see.

by nomorewars

I would be more than happy to show you around. However, I would have to cut the meeting rather short as I have to work at 3. I normally begin my preparations for work at 1:30, so any meeting thrown together would not include me for very long.
I'm not a big fan of NASA, so with saying that, I can show you a whole different side of the city. Just let me know.
Mike

by XenoHumph

Man! Looks like most Houstonians are not very social... you got only 2 responses!!! Sorry I'll be gone at the time you are visiting! Enjoy the city anyway. All my favorite spots are described in Must-See-Activities on Houston. Cheers.

by frankcanfly

2, now 3, responses are better than NONE.

I want to be 100% sure that I'll be there before I ask someone to go out of their way to show me around. Thanks for the help and offers so far.... I'll know more next week.

Looks like there's certainly not a lack of things to do!

by John_P_LSU

I'd be happy meet you and show you around. I work about 10 minutes from Ellington.

Ya drink beer? Two Rows in Rice Village has $1 pints of their excellent homebrews. I have plenty of suggestions, Houston is a very underappreciated city.

E-mail me if you are interested.
- JP

by frankcanfly

Do I drink beer?? heh heh.......

Sounds good John. I'll email you early next week, with firm times about my arrival.

by delcity

try your post again . use 48 hours in the houston area/ post in deer park forum. also clear lake . nasa, forum and kemah if there is one for kemah.

by tarush

hope you have a great time in houston.. this week is real busy for me though.. turn 21 in two days and then i leave town for an internship.. hectic hectic hectic

by tarush

no idea how that happened...

by luna_tick

Did I miss Houston meeting?

by frankcanfly

Well, you've missed MY visit Luna, but I'm sure you could meet other Houstion VTers!

John especially helped me get oriented and find things to do. Thanks John!!

by delcity

taz fron aurtrailia is coming this summer we were thinking to have morn meeting at kemah and night meeting at the greyhound park.

by John_P_LSU

You are quite welcome, and thank you for the nice flyover "buzz" in your plane. Pretty cool!

BTW, there's somthing (or somethong) on your face!!

Travel Tips for Houston

Unique Suspension Bridge

by Ken_Weaver

Southeast of Houston and east of Baytown is the Fred Hartman Suspension Bridge. The several shots that I got of this bridge are all from a moving vehicle with me driving! You can't pull off of the road on the bridge to take a pic.

Houston Hobby Airport

by ATXtraveler

With a city as large as Houston, two airports become a necessity. In 1969, the IAH airport was opened to alleviate the pressure of Hobby Airport.

Hobby services 55 cities directly now, and is a major hub for Southwest Airlines, although Southwest does not actually run "hubs".

Claims to serve the best Paella in Houston

by topmarmot about Rioja

We used to have to drive 45 minutes for tapas at Mi Luna, then the local transit authority built us a new toll road that cut the time down to 35 minutes, but added $6 to the price of dinner. As you can imagine, we eagerly awaited the opening of Riojas, 10 minutes away. We would have been devastated if it had turned out to be rubbish, but I am very happy to report that this is not the case.

We chatted with one of the owners who told us that we were not the only ones waiting. He has been mobbed since the place opened, which has caused some teething problems with the brand new staff. We saw some of that: it took some time for our server to show up and ask about drinks. The jug of sangria did not disappoint when it finally showed up. They make Paella once every hour and serve it immediately. At the table next to ours a French gourmand declared that the paella was overdone. The owner hopped to it, they made some more and I have to say it was really great. Mussels: very tasty, in a vinaigrette
Stuffed eggs: just great
Sausage: mmmmmmm...... excellent
Garlic soup: very good
Paella: very yummy, with lots of stuff in it, although the first (supposedly overcooked) lot did not have calimari in as the second serving did. BTW, I ate both lots.
Desserts were OK, but a lot of sangria had flowed under the bridge by that time....

check out the Gem exhibit at HMNS!

by John_P_LSU

Houston Museum of Natural Science - I would say without a doubt that every visit to HMNS is an opportunity to experience the wonders of science and nature firsthand. Its the museum I visit the most and I love it. The spectacular exhibit halls and state-of-the-art venues offer remarkable insight into the world around us, from the age of dinosaurs to the era of space exploration.

City of concret and Nasa

by Herwig1961

"View from the moon"

Houston-we have a problem:-)That was the reason for my visit to Houston.Work at a brewery-mainly day and night.Houston to me have been immense traffic,lots of interstate,highway bridges,concret.But also to see on my way to work early in the morning the hughe crowd of people jogging,exercising at the parks!And the highlight-the space center.

Comments