Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston/I-10 West

The 60th floor observation deckThe 60th floor observation deck

Battleship TexasBattleship Texas

Aberdeen Apartments

by libya13

Is Abardeen apartments on richmond ave/houston, a good and safe place to live ? if not please give me a good idea about the safe area.

Re: Aberdeen Apartments

by bocmaxima

Woodchase (where Aberdeen is) is nothing but apartments. Some complexes are nice, some aren't. I can't say specifically whether or not this one is or not, not knowing anything about it. The reviews look bad, but they almost always do as people tend to only write them when they have bad experiences.
The area isn't really walkable (although what is in Houston?) and does have its share of crime, but is, for the most part, safe.

For other areas, it really depends on how much you want to spend and how far away from that specific area you want to be. If it were me, open to anywhere in Houston, I would live relatively close to Downtown, preferably just west of Downtown. Not always an option though.
The area caddy-corner to that (east of Gessner, north of Westheimer) is nice, but there aren't many rentals.

Travel Tips for Houston

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!!

by H-TownJourneyman

Many people in Houston will disagree with me here, and I certainly understand why! Houston, Heat, & Humidity all go hand in hand throughout much of the year. During the peak of the summer heat, around July and August, it can get up into the 100's Fahrenheit, which is bad enough. Throw in 90 - 100% humidity, and the city is just one big sauna! Yes, it is indeed hot! And to be in Houston without air conditioning is simply a bad idea! But speaking as a person that has lived here his whole life, I am used to it, and rather enjoy it. It can indeed be almost unbearable at times, but every January when an Arctic cold front blows through and the temperature drops near freezing, I beg for summer to hurry up and come back! I really like the hot weather, and if you sweat a little, well, just another part of living here. As I said, many people complain about the swealtering heat here, and even I can be heard on occasion mumbling about it. But I do know one thing, I will never be a person that owns a snow shovel if you know what I mean! I love it!!! :)

Americans like architecture...

by barcodex

Americans like architecture and arts. But any community is the place when you can see a lot of identical houses, and maybe start thinking about the monotonous appearance of the city. But this a wrong way - you can notice a lot of details that make the picture variegated. For examples, nice sculptures like that remind you about the thirst of Americans to arts...
As I remember, this sculpture was named 'Back to Youth'. Of course, copyright of its proud creator ;)

Houston Airports (2)

by XenoHumph

Finally, there is a military Airforce base/leisure airport, Ellington Field
-Location: about 15 miles South of Houston. Exit Clear Lake City Blvd from Freeway I-45 South. Go East on Highway 3 to the North for a few miles.
-Airport Code: EFD
-Highlights:
Air show "Wings over Houston" every year in October.
Piloting lessons available ( Lentz Flying Services & Cliff Hyde Flying Services).
Noisy military jets flying around.
-Official Users:
Southwest Airport Services?(281-484-6551)
Confederate Air Force (Gulf Coast Wing; 281-484-0098)
Continental Express (800-523-3273)
NASA (281-483-0123)
Texas Air National Guard (281-929-2110)
Texas Army National Guard (281-929-2332)
Lentz Flying Services (281-922-6181)
Cliff Hyde Flying Service (281-464-6524)
United Parcel Service (281-929-3500)
U.S. Coast Guard (281-481-0025)

Best Cafe

by msbrandysue about la Madeleine

La Madeline is my new favorite place to eat. The locations are not gigantic but they always have room, although they do get busy during lunch. The tables and chairs are smaller and it just adds a very french feeling to it. It's very well done.

La Madeline serves food, then has a separate bakery and coffee counter. So if you want a great meal or just some yummy dessert this is your place. The food they offer is very light. You'll find a majority of soups, salads, quiches, and sandwiches. I've never found anything I hated. They have complimentary bread with butter and preserves while you're waiting or to eat with your soup or salad.

This is a chain so please check their website to find the one nearest you! However, I would HIGHLY recommend visiting the one in the Woodlands. It's in the Market Square plaza that is a new replica of an old town built up with great shops. They have an outdoor patio that is to die for when the sun goes down. It's definitely one of my favorite things to do in Houston. ESPECIALLY DURING CHRISTMAS!!!

Mon. - Sun. 6:30 AM - 10:00 PM I love their caesar salad, strawberries and sauce, bread. My favorite meal would be the Turkey Ciabatta melt. It's sliced turkey with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, and honey mustard dressing all on ciabatta bread. YUM!!!!
Any of the desserts would blow your socks off. I can never resist the chocolate chip cookie :)

The Woodlands children museum

by eugini2001

We didn’t manage to visit Houston Children’s museum, but we were in one that is in the Woodlands. It was in a mall, I think it’s a great idea to have it in a mall, so kids will have some fun too. It’s pretty big one, they have pretend play areas, exhibition areas ( Mexican dolls at that time),games area, drawing area ,theater and indeed- live animals corner. The admission is only 5$,so it’ a great break price during the shopping adventure.
My daughter liked it a lot.

Comments