Crowne Plaza Suites Houston Sugar Land

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Suites Houston Sugar Land

Fantastic property and service

by TripAdvisor Member sammy1122

From check-in to check-out, everything was fantastic! We held a meeting at the Crowne Plaza for 90 people. The room, the food and especially the service was fantastic!. Great overnight rooms as well. All rooms are suites with flat screen TVs. If staying on Southwest Houston, this is the place to go!

Warm Service

by TripAdvisor Member SantiagoTexas

The Crowne Plaza Hotel on SouthWest freeway is attractive, clean and well maintained.
The staff is pleasant, attentive and openly appreciative.
I have stayed with Crowne many occasions and have found them consistently warm and inviting.
A true home away from home.
All hosts from the front desk, housekeeping and maintenance are polite, capable and caring.
Dining is enjoyable with wonderful food and attentive atmosphere, and my children have always enjoyed a sparkling clean pool.
Their bar is comfortably relaxed, open and warm with considerate and knowledgeable personnel.
Crowne on SouthWest is an attractively groomed hotel offering fine dining, relaxed atmosphere and a staff devoted to making this truly a home away from home.

Above & Beyond Service/Quality

by TripAdvisor Member BallUstr8UP

My new Wife and I recently got married and spent two nights at Houston Crowne Plaza Suites. Besides the beautiful room and hotel facilities the Guest Services went out of thier way to make our stay perfect.

We stayed in the Standard Suite, had Strawberries and Champagne waiting for us in our room and ate a full breakfest each morning in the lobby restaurant.

I would and will recomend this hotel to anybody and will return each time I do business in the Houston Area.

Thieves

by TripAdvisor Member aggalwagal

I stayed @ the hotel as a safe haven from hurricane Ike. I booked my room for 5 days but after Ike delivered his fury the Crown Plaza hotel was a wreck. The roof was falling apart with water leaking all over the bedroom. The elevator was not operable after the storm and no water was available for flushing the toliet. I had no assistance in from the hotel in bringing my elderly mom down from the ninth floor. I checked out of the hotel the next day. Crowne Plaza decided they wanted to charge me for 5 days even though i only stayed one day. They have caused my bank account to bounce checks and $35 bank service fees all over the place. An establishment this large should have better record keeping and client interface. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Dank, Dark, Unappealing

by TripAdvisor Member Ceallaigh

We stayed for $89 as part of a group, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. Don't pay more than that.

The entrance door is frosted glass--the whole door. On each side of the door are clear glass panels. To see who's at the door, you have to draw back the curtains and look out the side panels. It wasn't safe feeling.

The room we were in was musty and dark. The only window is in the bedroom. It's actually a sliding door that you can't open onto a balcony smaller than a postage stamp. The bathroom is tiny. The carpet was filthy.

The worst part was the location. It's on an 8-lane freeway with a three-lane access road in front. Lots of noise (they give you ear plugs and an eye mask). There is an Olive Garden on one side and a Saltgrass Steakhouse on the other. And an exhorbitantly priced restaurant in the hotel (breakfast is $10 for an ordinary buffet). That's it. It's not in a pedestrian friendly area. To go north, you have to go south and under the freeway and then back north. The area doesn't appear to be the safest until you get quite far from the hotel.

If we had not been there with a group, we would have left and gone somewhere downtown.

Oh, and the "business" center was used by kids playing computer games and some teenaged girl IMing (she hogged the computer for over two hours the evening before we left). The pool looked dirty.

Add to that the rather jerky young men all over the place--late teens, early twenties, carrying 24-packs of beer to their rooms, definitely NOT young businessmen attending a conference--and you've got a place we'll NEVER stay at again.

Great place for a reunion

by TripAdvisor Member ItstimeHouston_Tx

We had our bi-annual STANVAC reunion at this hotel once again. LAst year there has been a complete redo of the hotel since Crowne got it from Embassy Suites. The rooms had been a bit "rough around the edges" but after the redo now are very nice with flat screens etc., restaurant bar area is nice for talking with friends in the open atrium area, breakfast is great. All the staff was nice and very professional...a stand out is Ruthie...she once again was a great help to us and took ownership of providing a problem free reunion. Thanks again Ruthie and Crowne Plaza. See you in two years.
Regards,
Jeff

A step up from Motel 6

by TripAdvisor Member Tracyja9

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights while on a business trip in Briar Park. While the rate was decent ($104), I was completely unimpressed with the accomodations.

The living room part of the suite is an all glass wall of windows (even the door is frosted glass) which are open to a courtyard. I found this to be kind of creepy. The ceilings are really low and the layout of the front room somewhat awkward. The TV is about 15 feet from the uncomfortable couch - I spent literally no time in the front room due to the windows.

The bathroom has the same low celing and is extremely small - you cannot even have the door open while using the toilet because it practically hits your knees. There was no exhaust fan, so after aking a shower the bathroom was too foggy.

I liked the beds - I had a comfy king size bed. And they even provide a CD with sleep inducing music, ear plugs, an eye mask, and linen spray in addition to the regular shamppo and soap offerings. There is a nice large flat sceen TV also in the bedroom, and the hotel offers free HBO.

There are a couple reasonable restaurants on either side - Olive Garden and Salt Grass. The hotel is located on a pretty busy highway, but despite this, I did not hear excessive traffic noise.

Overall, it was an okay hotel, but I probably would not stay there again.

Customer Service Went Above and Beyond

by TripAdvisor Member terriern

I spent 7 nights with my sister during a business trip. The rooms entrance is all glass however the glass is covered by a full wall of drapes and has security locks. We were greatly impressed with the cleanliness of the room, the counters, and decor. There were 2 flat screen tvs - one in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. The beds were sooooooo comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small but met our needs. The room was also extremely quiet. I have had issues with being in noisy hotel rooms in the past and this was definitely not the case during our stay here. And I did not even have to wear the ear plugs they provide! I did not hear anything outside the sounds inside my room.
The layout of the hotel itself was definitely impressive with wrap around halls overlooking the center inside courtyard like main floor. Everything was symmetrical almost like a work of art. Glass elevators were added to the look.
What impressed us most was the caliber of customer service. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant one evening. We admittedly had problems with my sister's meal, however, the waiter and manager were so concerned about making us happy they gave us free dessert and a discount on the meal! One gentleman in particular was extremely accommodating. Preston was always there to meet our needs from filling our ice bucket to adjusting the heat in our room.
The area was probably not the greatest in Houston, however, we found the Crowne Plaza Suites to be a jewel of a place to stay. We would definitely consider returning in the future if we ever were to visit Houston again.

My Favorite Hotel in Houston

by TripAdvisor Member clebow

The staff is helpful and sweet.
The rooms are renovated and immaculate.
BIG 2 room suite with kitchenette-- very inexpensive with AAA discount.
The pool and Jacuzzi are nice and warm and clean.
The most comfortable bed with wonderful bedding.
Excellent vanity with lighted mirror.
Great closet space.
Kitchenette - with fridge, micro and sink.
Fast internet access FREE.
Good food in the hotel and near by

Just Lovely!

no complains over here!

by TripAdvisor Member kevin217

First, I would like to say Thank you to the staff at The Crowne Plaza Houston Suites- 9090 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77074 (713) 995-0123 for not only booking me a room the same day but also giving me a GREAT price. From the time I entered, I was very pleased with the staff. Diana, who was at the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable of the city, Thank you! :-) The rooms are nice and spacious & quiet. Other fellow travelers, this place is A-OK!

SEE A LIVING MAP OF THE CITY BELOW YOUSEE A LIVING MAP OF THE CITY BELOW YOU

ANOTHER FRAN ZENI DESIGN, ELI ST, THE WEST ENDANOTHER FRAN ZENI DESIGN, ELI ST, THE WEST END

Houston ZooHouston Zoo

Galleria Area - HoustonGalleria Area - Houston

Moving to Houston Area

by friendlyfriday

Hi Everyone!
I've been searching the forums (and the library and the internet) for information on towns surrounding Houston. My husband, two year old daughter and I plan to move to the area next summer. I am looking for a family oriented community, with low crime, and cheap real estate near Houston. I was reading about Pearland and it looked nice. I would like to find a good grade school for my daughter, my husband is a plumber and I would like to attend college. Also, we will need a good hotel to stay in when we come down to check out the area. Any information or advice you can give me I will be most thankful for.

Thanks so much!

ff

by seagoingJLW

You will find lovely affordable homes in Spring, TX.

Joan

by worldlyman

Yes, Spring is lovely and unique.............Old Town. Quiet, too. That walkable downtown Old Town makes me feel like I'm in Mayberry. Hard to believe it's only 20 miles from the trendy downtown Houston environs.

And my aunt lives in Pearland................more modern and new compared to Old Town Spring.................very upscale in parts, low crime compared to Houston.............yet it's a nice quick jaunt on 288 to downtown. And about a 20 minute trip to Kemah Waterfront and the Gulf Coast along 518............they're parallel to Pearland.

by XenoHumph

The Clear Lake area (SE of Houston near NASA) is really nice and safe. There are good schools there (hell, it's where the astronauts' kids go!). Go to the Houston Chronicle real Estate page, and select Clear Lake for location. That should give you ideas of prices. Living in neighborhoods between Clear Lake City boulevard and Bay Area Boulevard (both perpendicular to I45) is really nice. For college, you have the University of Houston at Clear Lake right there. Check also communities like Seabrook, Kemah (this one might be expensive because of Kemah boardwork), Clear Lake Shore, League City. Possibly, avoid La Porte and Shoreacres as it is often in the path of smelly clouds from nearby chemical factories. I live in the Clear Lake area, therefore this info here.
Go to my map to see where all these places are (http://www.geocities.com/spacehayduke/HoustonMap.html) and on my Houston page for the caption of the map (http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/5917f/d66da/)
Hope this helps. Email me if you need more info.

Comments