1300 Lamar Street, Houston, Texas, 77010, United States

Booking.com amextravel.com Tingo.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• patbell's Profile Photo

Soulless and haughty

Stayed here twice, and kept thinking that perhaps there was something wrong with me, but no, it's just a soulless hotel. They don't do anything wrong, but they don't do anything right either. The hotel is deserted during the day, except for the business lunch crowd in the restaurant. Therefore, they do maintenance, painting, repairs, and cleaning in the rooms all day long, without regard to the noise and odors that this creates. There is no green space around this hotel. The waiters in the restaurants are cold, haughty, and impersonal to the point of conveying disdain for the clients (unless you are a "regular" from some of the surrounding law firms and companies who bring their clients to lunch). The service is typically slow. At night, the bar areas appear to be full of unhappy people. This is NOT the Austin, Texas Four Seasons, which is consistently a delight in every way. This Four Seasons will give you what is expected, but without much grace, charm, or genuine care. It's saving grace is a lobby that lifts the spirits, with some comfortable seating.

Directions: East side of downtown Houston.

• sahel578's Profile Photo

Hidden Downtown Delight

My husband and I have a tradition of staying New Years Eve at a hotel or B&B here in town. NYE 2004 found us at the Four Seasons with this package that we bought with the local radio station. There was a party at the Meridian included in the set price. The Meridian party was a total bleech.. overflowing toilets.. bars that offered two choices of drinks.. (anything you want as long as its vodka or redbull).. crappy music. Ick. Do.Not.Recommend.

But the Four Seasons was pretty much top notch. Despite the crowds, check in was uber fast and uber courteous. The rooms were spacious and the beds bouncy. The toiletries from.. I'm drawing a blank.. (its a pricey French Provencial company.. they have little stores at the Galleria...something du Province.. i think)..were impressive.

My only complaint was that there was a 2 hour wait for room service. Which kind of defeats the purpose, I think.

• jacki13's Profile Photo

Houston's Best

Upon arrival, the concierge had arranged my favorite beverage to be chilled and a tray of chocolates waiting for me in my room. Throughout my stay the service was top notch.

Unique Quality: My room had a patio right outside the pool. It was wonderful to sit outside and have a drink and just relax.

More about Four Seasons Hotel Houston

Four Seasons Houston or The Lancaster?

by flyer1955

I'll be in Houston for two nights in the late spring to attend an opera. I've narrowed my hotel choices to The Lancaster or The Four Seasons. I've booked a King Room at The Lancaster and a Deluxe King (Does anyone know if the Poolside rooms are nicer?) at The Four Seasons. I've never been to Houston before so any feedback would be appreciated. FYI, I'll be without a car so hope to have a variety of food options and "things to walk to" in the immediate vicinity. Thanks!

P.S. Any other hotel suggestion in the 4 to 5 star "old world Luxury" category would be welcomed.

by ATXtraveler

I normally do not stay in this type of luxury, but the Granduca is supposedly one of the better hotels in Houston for the luxury set.

by TXgal

Both hotels are downtown and close to restaurants/bars. The Four Seasons is definately a bigger hotel and The Lancaster is a small boutique hotel. Both are very nice. The Lancaster is directly across the street from Jones Hall (where the opera's are usually held). The Magnolia hotel is also a very nice, smaller hotel.

by Dchay

I have been to Houston only a couple of times but have been satisfied with the Houstonian.

by sahel578

I've stayed at both and the service at the Four Seasons blows away the Lancaster.

Comments