Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Westchase, Tx

Main GunsMain Guns

sky linesky line

Houston International Airport

by Mahalkongpinoy

We just arrived from Italy and we are new in the area. Our goal is to aquire a Italian / Spanish translation position working at the Houston International Bush Airport. Does anyone out there know of a specific website wherein we can seek for these job vacancies? We have tried several but non of which is located at the International Bush Airport. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to all!

RE: Houston International Airport

by bocmaxima

There are bilingual-required positions with the airlines, and these are mostly for Spanish speakers at Intercontinental. Since the job pool in the Houston Area already has quite a few fluent Spanish speakers, these are not always well-paid positions. I don't know that the City employs anyone like that at the airport.
Check with the Mexican-based airlines who have offices in Houston (Aeromexico especially) for jobs. Continental Airlines, which is headquartered there, should also have quite a few jobs of this nature.

Travel Tips for Houston

CRAZY HUMIDITY

by phatchoy

Prepare clothing for HOT and HUMID weather. Bring loose, soft, clothing. The humidity is UNBELIEVABLE especially in the summer months. But it's not all that bad cause there's airconditioning everywhere you go.

If you plan on traveling here during the winter months, the weather is actually quite nice. It tends to range from 30F to 60F.

If its not Scottish, Its Craaaap.

by ATXtraveler about Kelvin Arms

As Mike Myers claimed, "If its not Scottish, Its Crap" may never be more true than when you walk into the Kelvin Arms. Known for its neat bank vault seating area, this little Scottish Pub is a nice place to enjoy your whiskey, or beer in a fun down home atmosphere (if your home is in a Scottish Pub that is).

It is located near the Rice Village, which is nice for shopping, dining, and drinking.

Slainte to Bennigans

by ATXtraveler about Bennigans

During a recent trip with my buddies to New Orleans, we stopped in to have dinner with my favorite Best Man's Parents, the Becks.

We decided on Bennigan's due to the late timeframe for all of us getting into town. Bennigan's is known for great potato soup, as well as the famous Monte Cristo sandwich.

I would also recommend that you look at the Copper Clover club, where you get benefits for trying multiple different types of beers!

Drive Your Dream!!!

by agapotravel

As I said, we came to Houston for my husband's birthday present. Well, I found this company online that allows you to drive your dream cars. My husband got to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari F430, Porsche 911, Corvette ZO6, and an Aston Martin Vantage. He was able to drive each car for at least an hour. For an extra fee, I was allowed to ride with him in all of the cars. I highly recommend this tour to everyone. It exceeded all of my expectations!!

Sam Houston Race Park

by msbrandysue

I love the horse races. I've been betting on horses since I was little and just picked my favorite colors. Although that method probably worked better than my current method does, I have a blast doing so. I would suggest sitting in the Winner's Circle restaurant. Although pricey the buffet is amazing and the seats are great. You also get a small, private televsion at each table.

Go see those ponies!

$3-5 admission per person
$2 per betting program

minimum bet $2

Start times for the races are usually 7pm in the evening with matinees on designated weekends.

Make sure to remember Thoroughbred Races are only a seaonal sport! Check the website for more details.

Comments