2001 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, Texas, 77056-4401, United States

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• STAY AWAY!

If you are planning to have a wedding there, DO NOT be deceived! The ballroom is beautiful but the management is probably the worst I’ve ever seen in my life. The catering and sales manager will NOT treat you like a customer, rather just a sale and money in her pocket. And if you would like to complain to her manager, he doesn't care because he supports her poor quality work. If you want to have your wedding at a place that actually cares about you and making your day special, this is the wrong place to be!!

Unique Quality: Nothing outstanding compared to other hotels in the area.

Directions: Galleria area

• houstons best hotel

i went to houston for wrestlemania 25. when i arrived we were greeted by vallet (who were verry nice and acomidating through out our stay). after checking in and settling in we went down to the concierge desk to see where was a good place to eat. the gentelman quickly gave us his recomindations (whitch was spot on by the way). a day later we had just sent our car with vallet when we decided to go out again to a western union. the person at the front desk quickly called us a shofer who safley took us to our destination and brought us back. over all a good experience

Unique Quality: the only complaint that i have is that there is no hot tub

Directions: take post oke blv off of 610 w is about 1/2 a mile west

• Emile72's Profile Photo

Good place

Nice hotel. I stayed in the club floor. Nice rooms and everything is just like you can expect from a 5 star hotel, though don't expect any "wow" factor. The club lounge offers breakfast. I guess Americans do enjoy their breakfast different than Europeans, but if you are happy with a bagel, muffin, coffee and diet coke, you are okay there.

• raraavis's Profile Photo

Your standard Hilton

This is a basically a standard Hilton hotel in the Galleria section of Houston. Standard amenities you'd find in a Hilton hotel. Clean and prompt service.

A lot of shops and restaurants in this shopping district. Galleria is beseiged by major chain retailers. So no need to look for one-of-a-kind shops.

Unique Quality: It's near Lakewood Church, made famous by its celebrity status pastor, Joel Osteen and his wife. This church is HUGE!!!

Directions: Off the I-610 highway

More about Hilton Houston Post Oak

Great Hotel, Great Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Houstonian_Traveler

My wife and I live in Houston and for our 1st year anniversary we decided to stay at this hotel, specially since it was the same hotel where we stayed on our wedding night.

I requested the same room we stayed the previous year, unfortunally the hotel didn't find the old reservation but after I arrived and explained where I had stayed, the staff made some great arrangements.

The hotel has an awesome location, from the hotel you could walk to the Galleria (2 blocks) or take the Hotel complementary shuttle.

For restaurants,

My favorites in the area:
Maggiano’s restaurant (Awesome Italian food) is right next to the hotel or Americas (Great South American Food with an incredible ambiance) is across the street from the hotel. For Sushi our favorite in the area is uptown Sushi

For dessert you could go to the dessert gallery which is two blocks from the hotel.

Personally, if you are visiting Houston and would like to stay by the Galleria, The Hilton Post Oak is the BEST, everything will be at walking distances. Plus you will have an awesome service from their staff.

I would recommend this hotel 100%, they are willing to meet and exceed your needs.

Staff could use hore training

by TripAdvisor Member traveljo

Stayed at this property twice within one year. The first time, October 2005, Had difficulty upon check-in, reservation could not be found, I produced a printout of the confirmation, my prreferred room type was not available, even after I had left a credit card guarantee and informed the hotel upon making the reservation that I would arrive late, after 10pm. Received help from the manager, who helped the situation by giving me a complimentary room (double beds) for the night, with my requested room type( a suite on the executive level) for the remainder of the stay. O.K. everything else turned out fine, but I did it again. Booked a room on the hotel's website for for a four night stay July 2006. My reservation could not be found. After the manager got involved, my reservation was found. This made me thing that the staff needs more training on hough to thouroughly search their system for exixtng reservations. The price of the rooms and the location of the hotel offers value, but the frustration I have experienced twice now with checking in does not make it worth it. I will not stay at this property again. After a long flight, after an even longer day, the last thing a traveller wants is to walk to the front desk of a hotel, and ther reservation can not be found, the said traveller had to dig, and I mean dig trhough her purse and bags to produce a printout of the confirmation number before they can just get teh key and go to bed. Once was bad, twice worse, there will be no third chance. There are too many hotels in Houston with comparable prices and locations to go through this.

Excellent Everything

by TripAdvisor Member beavers745i

First of all, this hotel is very nice, and i would reccomend it to anyone! The personel behind the desk were, lets say "uptight", but that was NOT a problem. The one and only problem we had was with the Cadillac shuttle to and from the mall. We had to call the shuttle 3 times, because after waiting 3-5 minutes as we were told to do, we stood outside the Galleria in the hot Texas sun for 30 minutes waiting on the driver to come 3 blocks. But overall, the shuttle was nice. It was a brand new Cadillac DTS with a wonderful friendly driver.

Very good hotel in perfect Houston location

by TripAdvisor Member babygoon

We met up with family in Houston who were on their way to a cruise and I was in charge of finding a nice hotel for the two couples. I needed to find something in the price range of a 2-star hotel but I wanted something a bit nicer. Researched Priceline on biddingfortravel and found that many 4-star Houston hotels are available for bidding at a 2-star price.

Picked the Galleria area since we only had one night to visit with our family and wanted to be near good restaurants but also close to the freeway for easy access to get to the Port of Houston on Saturday morning. Based on reviews I was happy when the Hilton accepted our bid.

The hotel staff was very nice (we were not given poor "Priceline treatment" or treated any less than full-price paying guests). I phoned the hotel a few days before our arrival and requested non-smoking rooms with king size beds. This request was granted and it turned out the entire hotel was non-smoking. When we checked in we were given the choice of rooms fairly near each other on the 6th floor.

Our room was 610 which overlooked the front of the hotel. Both rooms were identical except the balcony views faced different directions. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and comfortable. I liked the bathroom design which had a large granite counter area and a separate room for the tub/shower and toilet. Toiletries were Crabtree & Evelyn. A hairdryer was provided as was an iron and ironing board. The only refrigerator was the locked mini-bar so we never used it. A nice coffee maker made one or two cups directly into the mugs. Coffee was provided but there were no tea bags. Like most big hotels Hilton now offers their specialty bed, sheets and pillows which we found to be very comfortable.

It was too cool to use the pool but the pool deck looked nice.

Our only complaint was less than stellar service in the hotel restaurant where we ate breakfast. The buffet was good with a large selection of fruits, pastries, cooked to order omelets, etc. And it was half the price of many hotel breakfast buffets that we've had a higher end resorts. But two of our party chose to order off the menu and the service was pretty slow for that.

Next door to the hotel is a Maggianos Italian restaurant that was great for dinner. About a block up the road towards the Galleria is a large Starbucks. We valet parked the car and didn't need to use it again until we checked out. Valet parking was twice the price of self parking (which is normal so we expected that).

I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again if we ever need a hotel in Houston.

Very nice facility

by TripAdvisor Member emilyincolumbus

I visited for a work-related event and had an excellent experience here. My room was very clean and spacious, the event facilities were excellent, and the staff was extremely courteous even though there was a line of people waiting to check in behind me. I had absolutely no complaints about the facilities. The breakfast buffet was ok but I regretted not ordering from the menu.
However, it is quite a trek from Bush International Airport - somewhere in the vicinity of 45-60 minutes on the highway.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member grhokie

Stayed one night at this hotel for business. I had booked a king bed on the executive floor on the Hilton website. When I arrived, the executive floor was booked, so the front desk clerk gave me a suite with two double beds and a key that accessed the executive lounge. The room was large and comfortable, although I couldn't understand why the couch in the living area wasn't in front of the TV. In fact, no furniture was. But, it had a 2nd TV in the bedroom, so no big deal. Nice upgrade for the same price.

As for the executive lounge, it had a great view but that's about it. It's not worth the extra money for the weak munchies and "honor bar."

The hotel provides a "shuttle" to places close by. I went out the front door looking for the "shuttle" and found a Cadillac waiting for me. The driver was friendly and knowledgeable and not only dropped me at the front door of where I was going, he gave me his cell phone number so I could call him to come pick me up.

Places close by include the biggest mall I've ever seen (the Galleria, 4th biggest in the U.S.) and any shopping imagineable. Also, any restaurant you wanted was close by, although I eventually settled on room service, which was excellent.

The next morning the conceirge checked me in for my return flight then arranged all my transportation for that morning, including to my meeting and to the airport.

Also, this Hilton advertises a fitness center. It's actually no more than a closet with a couple of treadmills. No matter, however, because just across the street the Bally's gives guests free admission. Very nice.

Overall, an excellent place to stay.

Comments