Homewood Suites By Hilton Houston-Stafford

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston-Stafford
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Houston

Family members at Sugarland, TXFamily members at Sugarland, TX

Coming into Downtown from the northComing into Downtown from the north

key lime pie with nuts in crustkey lime pie with nuts in crust

Kids at the oceanKids at the ocean

Honeymooners in Houston, Please help us!!

by two_sets_of_twins

Hello everyone,
1- Hubby and I are planning our trip to TX (houston/san antan) in July-august. We are so excited! I grew up in Houston and adore my home town. I was wondering, is there anything in those areas (Other than the riverwalk, thats a given!) you'd reccomend to honeymooners spacificaly? Wether a romantic hotel, restaurant, interesting place to go, etc?
2- Other than that, I remember when I was a teen, I went with my parents in houston to some type of lodge...it seemed to be in the middle of the woods and really out of touch with the rest of the world. (But there were phones and TV lol) The masterbedroom had a huge jaccuzi and mirrored walls, and there were activities to do in the lobby such as couples game nights, crafts, fishing, archery....I have no idea what a place like this is even called. Is there a spacefic name for this kind of get away? And does anyone here know of a little place like that??
3- What are gas prices like in TX now?
4- My friend said she had to pay $2000 for her rental car for a month ( inc taxes) Does that sound correct? She said online the deal was $600 and after all the taxes it came out to $2000 (taxes and mandatory insurances)...???????
5- Are hotels and rentals more expensive during summer time? Like airlines are?
Thank you all so much in advance!!! I can hardly sleep at night I'm so excited about this trip!!!

by rsxdrivr

Gas price as of today for regular I've seen is $2.87. What type of car did your friend rent? I had to rent a car a month and it came out to about $1100/ tax included. The extra insurance is not mandatory unless you bring your own proof of insurance.

by Stargazer1

1. I can recommend the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. Great hotel, about 3 blocks from the Riverwalk, but has tennis courts, garden grounds w/gazebo and peacocks and pool and hot tub (many weddings are performed on the grounds). You can play croquet on the grounds, they have bicycles you can borrow to ride around the historic area. May be a bit expensive, but worth it.
2. Not sure where that is. Walden on Lake Conroe is nice (tower has nice views, but rooms are like a Holiday Inn with suites. You can rent cottages on the golf course.

by MontroseMartins

I have some advice for Houston - hope this helps!

#1 - I would recommend staying at the Hilton Americas in downtown. My husband and I live in Houston and stay there frequently as a tradition before we travel. There is a deal you can get online for about $115 that includes a great buffet breakfast for two. Note that the prices for hotels in Houston tend to be much cheaper on the weekends (usually about half price). The Hilton has a nice restaurant called the Skyline that is located on the 24th floor and has an amazing view of the city. Also, I hear that Mark's on Westheimer (in Montrose) is great for a romantic dinner.
One fun, romantic idea for something to do is hop on the Metro light rail and go down to Hermann Park. Take some bread with you and feed the ducks at the lake just outside of the Houston Zoo. Go for a paddleboat ride. Visit the Japanese Gardens there. The gardens have beautful paths lined with trees and flowers.
Another idea is to take in a movie at the River Oaks Theater on West Gray (particularly if you like arty stuff), then have coffee or a drink at Marfreless, just around the corner. Marfreless is a very romantic bar but does not have a sign outside - there is just a blue door. This makes it sort of mysterious!
#2 - I have no idea! Sounds like a KOA campground to me. (Except for the jacuzzi and mirrored walls)
#3 - Gas prices in Houston start at $2.85/gallon.
#4 - That rental price of $2000 per month sounds outrageous. I recommend checking with Thrifty for the best bargains. Heck, you could buy a decent car around here that would run well for at least month for the same price!
#5 - I don't think hotel prices fluctuate that much depending on the season in Houston, since it is not really a tourist town. San Antonio might be different though.

Travel Tips for Houston

Nice ballpark!

by jenn5179

We went to 2 games and I have to say, this ballpark is really a nice place to watch a game....

Aside from being a dome (so you don't have to worry about a rain-put!), the park was nice and clean, seats pretty comfortable, and food was above average.

There are a few bars right across the street, which were pretty fun to stop in before the game!

Midtown Lounge For A Saturday Night

by H-TownJourneyman about Red Door

This 2 story midtown lounge has lasted quite a bit longer than most of it's trendy counterparts typically do. Located on Brazos St., about 5 minutes south of downtown, if you drove by the building during the day, you would never think that this place was more than a storage warehouse. But come nighttime, the line of people outside definately tells it's true story. Now really a big draw only on Saturday nights, there is also a decent crowd Friday, and even less people on Thursday. Crowds usually begin gathering around 10:30-11pm. Throughout the bar you will see your typical modern, trendy lounge decor. Downstairs the bar is located in the middle of the room, with several small standing tables scattered about, and a few plush couches and chairs as well. Upstairs there is a smaller bar in the tiny inside portion, but the huge outside patio, with it's many tables and chairs, has it's own bar to itself. There is a great view of downtown from the patio, which adds to the nice ambiance. They usually have a DJ downstairs spinning house or trance, but occasionally they mix up the tunes with some hip-hop or 80's tunes. The crowds that frequent here are usually 20's to early 30's, and drinks are usually on the expensive side, as these trendy places go, around $7-8 for a mixed drink, $5-6 for a beer. Nice place, good atmosphere. Dress to Impress. Dress code has relaxed as of late, jeans are fine, but no tennis shoes

More Pappacitos

by Ken_Weaver about Pappacito's Cantina

Flan- Mexican egg custard with almond cookie shards of tortilla, garnished with fresh fruit.........Menu says $4.35......receipt says $2.95! I would have expected to pay $8 for this beauty.... I ordered this the first time I was here and came back t just to take a picture of it!!

Is it worth the trip out to NASA?

by Paulckm

The Johnson Space Centre is about an hour's drive from downtown Houston, and can get extremely crowded, especially during the school holidays. Is it worth making the trip? Yes and no. The actual visit to the working NASA offices is only about 45 minutes, where they take you to see the astronaut training site with all the mock-ups of the space vehicles (most times no one is there) and the old mission control room. For the time spent queueing, it's not worth much.

all the museums. the musuem...

by newyorker300

all the museums. the musuem of natural science has great places for the kinds and the museum of art has some fun stuff to see too make sure that you go through the tunnel from one building to the next at the art musuem.

Comments