1625 West Loop South, Houston, Texas, 77027, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Rated 17% higher but also costs 69% more than other 2 star hotels

More about Houston

The chunks on my carThe chunks on my car

Cute patio areaCute patio area

The pondThe pond

Bayou PlaceBayou Place

Houston's Water Wall

by katherinemauri

I am thinking about gettin married in houston next year. My soon to be hubby and I grew up together in houston. Our favorite spot is sitting in front of the water wall watching it as night falls. Now that we are ready to seal the deal we were wondering if its possible to have a wedding reception there?? Please help me find out if it is a yey or nay!

Re: Houston's Water Wall

by mccalpin

Give the property managers at the Williams Tower a call - see http://www.hines.com/property/detail.aspx?id=264

Also see the Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_Waterwall

Bill

Re: Houston's Water Wall

by plasma800

I see them do it all the time.

Travel Tips for Houston

Getting Oriented

by GroovyDoc

To get spatially oriented in the city, I like to think of Houston as a big clock face. Okay, it sounds stupid, but it works b/c the interstates either run in circles around the "clock" or intersect in the middle of it. Downtown (& the theater district) is in the center of the clock, the Medical Center/Rice Village/Museums/Astroworld area are at 6 o'clock, Sugarland is at about 7:30, Katy is way out past the 9, the Woodlands are way out past 11, and Clear Lake/NASA is at 4. Galveston would be way out past 4.

Galveston, Texas is only about...

by Nomad_2001

Galveston, Texas is only about 45 minutes south/southwest of Houston. I always enjoy getting to a coast when I have an opportunity. While Galveston beaches can't be considered spectacular, they are beaches and provide a nice complement to a visit to Houston. I would add, though, that once upon a time (before Houston ever became a major oil processing center) these beaches probably were just as spectacular as any in the world! Just something to think about...

Fogo disrespect

by Fogoblows about Fogo de Chao

Fogo Sucks. If you want to be ignored and disrespected, go to an S & M retreat. If you want good service, timely and honest reception and prompt attention; DO NOT go to Fogo de Chao. Do not bother calling for reservations, because the reservation clerk is trained to lie. " You do not have to make a reservation, many seats are available." Upon arrival the victim learns that
1. a minimum 15 ( really 45) minute wait.
2. no reservations are taken.

Prepare to be ignored, marginalized, and otherwise, patronized into irrelevance.

There are so many better places to eat. BOYCOTT Fogo de Chao. Humble Pie

McCormick and Schmick

by larsy about McCormick and Schmick

Great Atmosphere, we were in our own little room with a velvet curtain, very nice they are a chain who are very proud of there architecture (they have a architecture link on there web page). ($20) The key lime (yum) I had the crab bisque which wasn't sweet enough for my taste but my friends white fish was divine.

Battleship Texas

by GUYON

Nearby the San Jacinto museum, there is the ship Texas which is one of the rarest ship to be involved in WWI and WWII.
During the first war her duty was mainly to protect the merchand convoys.
In WWII, she was one of the ships which fired on the Normandy Coast at the D-Day. She was also supporting the landings of Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

We were astonished by the number of guns on this ship.

It was permitted to visit the different decks through selfguided tours. But it was easy to be lost and we had to search at least a quarter to reach the right level.

Open : 10AM to 5PM.