Scotts Inn & Suite

Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Houston

STROLLING THE SHADY STREETS OF RICESTROLLING THE SHADY STREETS OF RICE

frank zeni design, Gibson St, The West Endfrank zeni design, Gibson St, The West End

Carrabba'sCarrabba's

The GalleriaThe Galleria

A stopover at IAH!

by Shanicebbbw

I will be at George Bush International for a hour and a half on Aug. 19th. I know it is little time and I won't be able to leave the airport but, what is there to do at the airport while I wait for my connecting flight?

Is there a good resturant and bar there?

Are there little boutiques at reasonable prices?

Thank you in advance.

Shanice

by mccalpin

Did you check the airport's website? See http://iah.houstonairportsystem.org/terminals and look for "Retail Shops". It's not like there's a lot, but an hour and a half layover isn't very much time anyway.

Have fun!

Bill

by Sammyfloyd

There is really nothing around the airport. With 1.5 hours, you should probably stay within the airport.

by Virtuous_Tourist

An hour and a half is a "normal" lay-over. Sounds like a lot of time but its really not, about enough time to grab a quick bite and a beer..

by joedee

My advice would be to stay as cool as you can be. It's early June and we ar already in the mid 90's . Also I hope your connection is in the same terminal. If changing planes I'd say you have just enough time to grab a snack make a couple of calls and make your way to the next gate. HappyTrails!

Travel Tips for Houston

Houston International Jazz Festival

by peaceness98

At Sam Houston Park, there's an annual Jazz festival held where you can walk around and listen to different Jazz performers. This is a popular event, and worth checking out. Timings are normally announced in advance, ask your concierge or any of the locals if it's on when you're in Houston

Lincoln Luxury Car

by LaceyAdkisson

I asked my Hotel (Marriott West chase) to get me a cab for 4am the next morning. and they told me no problem. I didn't go to bed till 2:30 so if you do the math that's about an hour of sleep. SO I wake up from my nap, and they tell me my ride has arrived, I walked outside and saw that it was a luxury Lincoln Car and I told the driver, I'm sorry I asked for a cab because I knew it would be expensive. When I got inside there was a water waiting for me and nice comfortable black leather seats. The driver stayed quite so I could sleep on my 40 min. drive to the airport.
When we arrived it was only 85.00 with tip. A cab had an estimate of 75.00 with tip so Only ten dollars more and it didn't reek of sweat and coffee!
I think in the future I will get the shuttle for the price of only 33.00, but if I ever have to choose between a luxury car and a taxi I'll ride in the Lincoln any day!

Fuddruckers

by jackdewey about Fuddruckers

The ultimate burger place. You order a burger, they call your names after 5/10 minutes and you get a naker burger. You then have your choice of all topics imaginable to dress it just the way you like it. Their fries are great too. Mushroom Bacon Hamburger

Johnson Space Center

by seagoingJLW

Johnson Space Center was established in January 1961 as NASA'a primary location for:
Design, development and testing spacecraft.
Selecting and training astronauts
Planning and conducting space flight missions
Mission control

The Manned Spacecraft Center opened in 1963. Gemini IV was the first flight to be controlled from Houston.

Begin at Space Center Plaza. Go to the Mission Status Center. Get the Feel of Space and see the Living in Space show. Go to the Starship Gallery. There is an Astronaut Gallery outside the Space Center Theater.

Be sure to take the NASA tram tour.

The Kemah boardwalk located...

by tarush

The Kemah boardwalk located about 20 minutes away from downtown is lovely place to spend time. Known for it's beautiful sunsets and seafood, this place packs up a lively atmosphere with a ferris wheel for the kids along with several other rides. Other will enjoy walking along the boardwalk, looking at the boats in the marina. You can also take a boat trip for around $7. You will also find various live entertainment. Whenever I visit, there is always a live band and an artist that performs juggling stunts with a twist of fire and blades. I highly recommend this place to everyone. Plus parking is free!!!

Comments