Travelodge Houston

6 N Sam Houston Pkwy, (formerly Howard Johnson Express), Houston, Texas, 77060, United States
Venetian Inn & Suites Houston Airport
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Houston

JumpingRodolfo, Houston, TexasJumpingRodolfo, Houston, Texas

EntranceEntrance

Kids Don't do this at Home!Kids Don't do this at Home!

Rice VillageRice Village

Grocery Store near Intercontinental Hotel on 222West Loop ?

by Boleslav

Hello -
my husband will be on a business trip in Houston next week staying at the Intercontinental on 2222 West Loop S
He would like to get some fresh fruit, fruit juices (Knudsen, Odwala, Naked etc.), dried fruits simply-snacks to munch on. Where would you send him to purchase such basics in this area?
Thank you very much!

by sahel578

There is not a store within walking distance, but he could have a cab take him to Rice Epicurean market on San Felipe. Thats the closest grocery store that I can think of in that area.

5016 San Felipe at Post Oak

by nomad7890

I have been away from Houston for a while but Randall's is one of the main supermarkets - they have "plain" Randall's and some that are a little fancier, if that makes sense. Here's their web site: http://www.randalls.com/
Don't be put off by the big hamburger - they do have an organics section. If you know your zip code, try the store locator on the bottom left of the web page.

Nomad

by Boleslav

by TXgal

There is also a Central Market close by, which I think has the best selection of fresh fruits and veggies. They also have a better selection of health foods. Just about the same distance away from the hotel as the Rice supermarket but in the opposite direction.

Travel Tips for Houston

Ok to honk!

by slb83

Having lived in houston most of my life, you are not going to be shot if you cut someone off or honk. I honk at people all the time, no one has ever waved a gun at me. this is apparently a common misconception I have been reading on these pages.

At most you will get the middle finger and see the person yelling in their car, but who cares?

A little closer to my price range!

by ATXtraveler about Dillard's

Since I listed Neiman Marcus as the place where you could go in Houston for the rich items.... I figure I would give you a lower cost alternative. Dillards is one of the places that Sarah and I are registered (feel free to get us a wedding present) (if you are serious, it is Mark Carroll and we are getting married March 19).

This is a typical department store, so it has a little of everything! Not alot.

At Home at Artiste

by krackhorre about Cafe Artiste'

Cafe Artiste' is without a doubt my favorite family owned coffeehouse in Houston. The coffee selection is huge, offering everything from French Roast to Jamaica Blue Mountain. The wonderful pies, pastries and baked goods are prepared fresh daily. The cafe also boast a full service kitchen where traditional bistro cuisine is made with a little Cajun flare. The Arsement family not only own Cafe Artiste' they run it as well which adds a hospitable feel to the service. The cafe's bistro-like atmosphere draws a large European crowd as well as college students from neighboring areas. Cafe Artiste' is a great place to hang out with friends, meet new people, or just curl up with a good book....oh and don't forget the coffee!!!!! Eggs New Orleans- A twist on traditional eggs benedict just replace the ham with homemade cajun crabcakes.

Steak Po-boy- So many peppers, so little time!

Cheese Enchiladas- I know it's a cafe but come on we are in Texas.

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo- Spicy cajun goodness!

Popular Breakfast and Home Cookin'

by msbrandysue about Cracker Barrel

Many of my friends and family love the cracker barrel. It has a laid back, southern home feel that is apparent as you walk up to the white rocking chairs on the porch waiting area. It's usually busy all morning and has a constant flow of customers all day long.

I've eaten both meals and breakfast here and find it disappointing. The only thing I've really enjoyed is the grilled cheese. For breakfast I've tried the eggs (ok), sausage (no thanks), hash browns (too many onions), and bacon (too much fat). I've eaten better at Denny's or Ihop's.

Something unique, though, is that they have this country tee logic game at the tables while you wait. They usually have a big checkers game in the eating area, as well, for kids (and adults) to play while waiting for the food.

But I can't pass it down due to the store that is right inside the door. Of course you have to pass through it before getting to the food. They have great seasonal items, kids stuff, candles and clothing. I love it all...

Sunday through Thursday - 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday - 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Has RV/Bus Parking Grilled cheese?

Houston is rather lean on...

by marciaca

Houston is rather lean on 'Must See Activities.' The only thing I can think of is NASA which is about 25 miles (40 km for all you people in the rest of the world who won't conform) south of Houston.
Actually, I can't tell you much about it, because I never went, but the word on the street is that it is geared for kids.

Comments