4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• aznsophisticat's Profile Photo

WESTIN! Amazing Hotel

My stay was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the location of the hotel and the service. I felt like I was in luxury. I recommend this to first-time Houstonians.

Unique Quality: I adored how close the Westin was to the Galleria; I could walk to the best shopping center in the city in minutes.

Directions: Downtown Houston, next to the Galleria.

• twentysix.two's Profile Photo

Westin Galleria Houston

This Westin looks a bit dated. There is a stale scent in the hallways and rooms. This is not up-to-par with some of the other Westin hotels--Westin Charlotte or Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport. As with all Westins, this is no different in that the rooms come equipped with the Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower/Bath. The Heavenly Beds are the most comfortable beds I've been in--even more so than Marriott's Revive Collection.

Update (2007/05/13) - The hotel/room no longer had the stale scent.

Unique Quality: This is attached to the Galleria. The room size is huge--they can easily fit two king-sized beds.

Directions: Located in the Galleria

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

The Westin Galleria

Great great great! Umbearbly great. The rooms are spacious nad beautiful. The bed... wow! And it opens into the Galleria shopping mall. Loved it!

• Emile72's Profile Photo

Close to the major shopping centre.

The Westin Galleria and Westin Oaks are connected to the Galleria which is convenient for shopping. I stayed in the Westing Galleria. Staff was ok, polite. The rooms are really big and nice and you get a nice view due to the large windows. The beds are awesome, so soft, you just want to stay there all the time. Wasn't it for the fact that the Galleria shopping centre is right next door. The hotel has a great location, being connected to the Galleria shopping centre.

I was in Houston on a business trip, so didn't have to pay for the hotel, but the bill showed $300 a night, which is quite overpriced for what you get.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Attached to the Galleria pt. 2

After realizing when checking in that I was actually at the wrong hotel when I went to the Westin Oaks, the concierge was nice enough to point out the mall doors, and show me that my hotel for the evening was right around the corner... just past the food court!

There are actually two Westin Hotels attached to Houston's Galleria, and both are very nice.

Enjoy your stay!

• peaceness98's Profile Photo

The Westin Galleria

The hotel is attached to the Galleria, a shopping mall with a starbucks, resteraunts, ice skating rink, and salon

Unique Quality: it's attached to the galleria
    minutes from the Reliant Park Convention Complex, George R. Brown Convention Center, and the museum district
    Net High Speed Internet Access is available in all guest and meeting rooms.

CHECK IN 03:00 PMCHECK OUT 12:00 PM

• CLillard's Profile Photo

Attached to the Galleria!!

The best thing about this hotel is the location. You are connected to the Galleria shopping mall. You can walk all around the mall and find places to eat, shop, iceskate, etc. Also this hotel is recently renovated and each room has a heavenly bed.

Unique Quality: The price range I indicated is for Priceline. By using Priceline you can designate a 4 star hotel in the Galleria area and you may win the bid for the Westin Galleria hotel. We paid $40 plus tax. It's a gamble, but could be worth it.

• Macho_Man's Profile Photo

The Westin Galleria and Westin...

The Westin Galleria and Westin Oaks are connected to the Galleria which is really convenient for shopping and hitting the park. Plus, it's a great location for getting anywhere in the city.
    You can get all kinds of rates and specials.

More about Westin Galleria Houston

Everything was fine

by TripAdvisor Member drover

I spent a couple of nights here while attending a convention in the hotel. Maybe it was because I am a Starwood Preferred Guest member or because I was part of the convention crowd, but if my room is typical of the Westin Galleria, the hotel deserves a good review. The room was large, well appointed and quiet, despite being near an elevator. Its location adjacent to the Galleria is particularly convenient. One feature I liked that I haven't seen before is a computer terminal in the lobby where one can print out airline boarding passes — very handy!

Maybe a little better than the reviews suggest...

by TripAdvisor Member Jin_Jiang

Just wrapped up 3 nights at the Westin Galleria and yes, the reviews on this site pretty much reflect the hotel with some minor differences -- attributable to each person's taste of course.

Pros

- A great location if you actually wish to visit this particular area of Houston. The hotel is part of the Galleria shopping complex (can enter the mall directly from the hotel from at least two floors). More than enough stores and nice restaurants in this area. For the Starbucks addicts - a location is just a short walk away from the lobby level inside the mall - I certainly appreciated it each morning

- Service was nice; people were friendly at reception, housekeeping;

- Rooms are sizable (although bathroom a bit cramped), the in-room internet connection worked perfectly (although not free);

- Westin heavenly bed is always to be enjoyed.

The not-so-pros

- The hotel was a little dated and dingy (both the common areas and rooms). Never a fan of the door that connects your room to the room beside you -- the sound of the room next door carries through this as if you were in the same room with that crying baby or whatever else was happening next door.

- Toiletries a little skimpy (maybe expected at the price charged?);

I would probably stay here again -- a no-brainer if I return to the Galleria area.

Salzgitter International

by GUYON

I am looking for the closest hotel from galleria.
The Yellow Pages give me the capioned name but I am unable to find a website presenting this hotel.
Is it still existing ?
How can I get information about it ?
If I wish to reserve a room how can I do ?
Thanks
RAY

Re: Salzgitter International

by seagoingJLW

Ray, there are two that you might try:

The Westin Oaks

and the Westin Galleria

Both of these are actually located in the Galleria.

Hope this helps

Joan

Re: Re: Salzgitter International

by GUYON

Thanks for the info Joan.
The Westin hotels seems very good but they are expensive even if the Euro rate is still high. The lowest price is 194$ + 17pct tax.
As you know, we (French people) have plenty of vacations but we are bit tight when we have to pay for them.
I must keep some money to finance our future vacations when I will be retired.
May be it is unrealistic but I am looking for an accomocation near Galleria around 100 $ if I am lucky or Euros if not.
But I appreciate your answer.

Re: Re: Salzgitter International

by cromette

Ray,

Bingo! I found it! The Fairfield Inn can book you for under $100, and it's just down the road from the Galleria.

It's not quite as posh and completely convenient as the other hotels you were looking at, but it's nice, clean and sufficiently close.

Another option for a little more is the Doubletree on Post Oak Blvd. That would run about $149 for a compromise, and it would be a little more upscale than the Fairfield.

The Galleria area is one of the more upper-end expensive areas of Houston.

Comments