221 E. Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, Texas, 75039, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com amextravel.com

Costs 98% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Luxurious Las Colinas Hotel

The spacious lobby of the Omni Mandalay has many seating areas, off which is Morsels--a snack/gift shop; "M" a bar with wide-screen tv's; a computer room (with 15 minute complimentary use); restrooms and banquet rooms.

Tuscan-inspired Trevi restaurant is on the lower level and can be reached by either a center stairway or elevators to the left of the lobby. There are also additional banquet rooms, as well as an outdoor seating area and heated pool overlooking the lake.

Our room on the 21st floor had a sweeping view of Irving and in the distance, Dallas. We greeted the morning at this window each day. Seeing the sunlight shimmering on the lake was a unexpected treat.

Unique Quality: Luxury and wonderful service! Complimentary parking; twice a day housekeeping; dry cleaning; spa treatments; hair dryers and transportation service to area businesses within a five mile radius (6 am-10 am & 3 pm -7 pm) plus other amenities make this a convenient site.

More about Omni Mandalay Hotel

It's The View!!

by VeronicaG

I wanted to comment on the wonderful view from our hotel room at the Omni Mandalay. This seemed a good spot to highlight it! I'm afraid my picture doesn't do it justice, though.

Awaking each morning to such a lovely view of our surroundings began our day just right.

This panorama is seen from the 21st floor of the hotel--Dallas is in the distance as well as Texas Stadium to the right of the tall building on the left--if you look real hard, you'll see the light colored dome. This view was such a great "perk"!

Great Japanese Steak House

by VeronicaG about Jinbeh

Not only did we get a delicious meal at Jinbeh, but a performance, as well! Although we had to wait for a table with a grill, it was well worth it. The restaurant also had traditional tables set up to the right of this area; a bar separated these two distinct sections.

Patrons sit family style in the grilling section and the individual orders are cooked collectively. Our waiter had a flare to his cooking style, which we appreciated! I ordered Sesame chicken and shrimp with rice and chopped vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.) for $18.95 which was absolutely delicious!

Jinbeh is only a block from hotel Omni Mandalay.

Italian at the Omni Mandalay

by VeronicaG about Trevi

This picture of Trevi's dining room reveals a little bit of its decor. The restaurant had a Tuscan theme, apropos for an Italian restaurant. The wait staff was courteous and did not hurry us through our meal.

A basket of crisp assorted breads was brought to the table while we savored our glasses of wine. We were told that the restaurant stocked some Chilean wines.

I ordered Ravioli Formagio, delicate pillows of pasta with bolognese sauce ($16.50). My husband ordered Spaghetti Polpette Lampone, wide noodles with Alfredo sauce and meatballs ($15.50). The meal was delicious--our experience a positive one. My husband and I shared a light, fluffy raspberry cheesecake for dessert.

Fabulous Hotel in Irving

by TripAdvisor Member Dragonfly972

This is one fabulous hotel in the middle of Irving. I travel for business a great deal, and to stay here makes me feel like I'm being taken care of. Great comfortable large rooms, excellent gym facility (the best I have seen in years at a hotel), and very good restaurants, although the dining experience is on the expensive side. The location is within walking or very short driving distance to many other restaurants on the same street. This is a resort more than just a hotel. When in Irving, stay at the OMNI Mandalay. Or, maybe I should say stay away, so I can be sure to get a room for myself.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sportbike1

My husband and I spent one night at the Omni Mandalay for a local get a way. The hotel is the best hotel that we have ever stayed. It was very cleaned. The staff was very friendly.

Loved Our Stay

by TripAdvisor Member reyeskr

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Mandalay this past weekend for one night. We were in town for the Cowboys vs. 49ers game. We got our tickets at the last minute, so I booked this room with short notice on Hotwire and got a great rate. Once we arrived at the hotel we realized that what we already thought was an incredible bargain was even better than we thought. The hotel was great from the very moment we arrived. The staff were all very curtious and helpful. My daughter had requested a certain souvenir from our visit to Dallas. We spoke to Julie at the concierge desk while we were checking in to help us find it. She immediately starting researching the information and within 30 minutes she was able to give us maps and specific details on where to find exactly what we needed. We stayed in a deluxe room with a king bed that had a great view. The room was very spacious and clean with very tasteful and up to date decor. The bed and pillows were comfy and we never heard a sound from any other guests in the hotel. We had brunch on Sunday morning at Trevi's and were able to enjoy the terrace seating. It was great. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent. The hotel location was great as well. It is a quick and easy two minute drive to the highway and just minutes to everything you could need. This is a beautiful hotel with a great staff. We were more than pleased with our stay and will definitely stay at the Omni during any return trips to Dallas.

Omni does NOT take responsibility!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member LGP

This is the last time I EVER stay or recommend the Omni. Our vehicle was parked in the hotel parking lot (next to valet parking) when it was broken in to. Our vehicle along with two others, were vandalized. Valet was not an option when we checked in after a concert around midnight so we had to park in the parking lot. Given that you pay more for a certain caliber of a hotel, this hotel can pretty much declare itself a modest, if even, motel! And to top off, the hotel rooms (especially restroom) was higly dusty and the bed linens smelled! Our vehicle had a glass shattered, numerous items stolen, including an installed DVD/TV. The hotel did NOT inform us till 10:30 am the next morning AFTER they called police and police came out to view the damage and left. The hotel did NOT contact us in the presence of an officer so that we could assess the damage with the officer, instead they waited to call us b/c according to hotel loss and prevention they did not know the owner of the vehicle. How intelligent do you have to be to figure out to ask the officer to run our plates and match the hotel guest list to locate us???!!! By time we were called and went down to our vehicle, the vehicle was unattended for at least 20 mins. so that anyone else could of retrieved other items out of our vehicle. Then to top it off, the so called mgr. on duty Charles Riley expected us to pay for our room only offering free breakfast! There are NO signs indicating they are not responsible for damage NOR signs stating to Lock and Hide items! At this point they still have yet to accept responsibility and now we are having to pay along with our insurance the damage done! In addition, the police did not take fingerprints. I called to complain the police dept. but they were backed up to come back out! We waited 2 1/2 hrs. and they still did not show up! Nevertheless, while we waited for police for 2 1/2 hrs. after I recalled them, there was absolutely NO sign of the so called hotel security roaming the parking garage, and believe me I looked! Or should I say $5 rent-a-cops! With no adequate security system in place, no responsibility on the hotel, no security cameras and dirty rooms, I HIGHLY suggest you spend your money at the Marriott across the way! Or you will end up paying the price for their mistakes and not to mention rudeness of so called mangager on duty! We already planned a trip to San Antonio and now are staying at a better stature hotel! Believe me, your work hard for your dollars, do you really want to spend it in a hotel who doesn't care about their customers when it really counts??

Very Nice

I purchased the room on Priceline at an incredible savings. It is a wonderful hotel. The room was large and clean, and the staff were very nice and helpful.

The bartender, I think his name was Jason, was a gem. I watched him work his tail off for the two nights I was there. There was a girl working with him, though I'm not really sure what she did.

The biggest (or only) complaint I have, is believe it or not...the nachos. While deliciosm they were $10 for 14 Dorito size chips. I kid you not.

Overall good experience. Just don't order the nachos!

Irving, Texas--A Charming Community

by VeronicaG

"Las Colinas"

Most recent tip (APRIL)The 2008 Byron Nelson Championship made an exciting Saturday afternoon event. I've added two new SPORTS TIPS on this experience.

Also, an upscale Mexican restaurant was the latest dining spot we discovered in this lovely community.

While Irving has the distinction of being home base for the Dallas Cowboys and the international airport, it is also the location for the charming, master-planned community of Las Colinas. My first foray into Texas began here.

We lodged at the Omni Mandalay, which became our home base while we oriented ourselves to the surrounding communities. My husband's company is moving its New Jersey branch to the Dallas area, where the main office is located.

Although Las Colinas has a number of condos and apartment units, it seems most of its population appear during the work week, returning to their homes in other locations after hours. I think this might be different as winter turns to Spring, perhaps people are more inclined to dally.

While venturing out on a walk one day, we discovered the Mandalay Canal. It snakes its way past a few restaurants, tall office buildings and interesting shops; their facades Old World in design. In balmier weather, I imagine this pretty section is teeming with people enjoying lunch, socializing or relaxing as they watch the Coots swim up the canal. Trees shade the terraces and a walkway winds past the towering structures overlooking the waterway.

On the main street, people were walking their dogs, jogging or taking care of business in the various stores. The rear of our hotel faced a large lake along which sit more apartments and condos. A sidewalk edged the lake, so we explored this area, too. The canal meandered in this direction; by following its course we found lovely courtyards and swimming pools hidden behind the apartment complexes...almost like secretive gardens discretely tucked away to be enjoyed for their serenity.

Trevi--Omni Mandalay HotelTrevi--Omni Mandalay Hotel