4545 West John Carpenter Frwy, Irving, Texas, 75063, United States

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Loved the Westin DFW

by TripAdvisor Member tak99

I stayed at the Westin DFW for a quick trip to Dallas this weekend. One can easily see that this hotel has been recently renovated. The person at the front desk was courteous and I checked in right away. The room was impressive, immaculate, and spacious. It had a nice desk with extra outlets to charge phones and laptops, two chairs one with an ottoman. The furnishings were new and modern. The room also had a gorgeous 42 inch plasma TV. The bed was extremely comfortable. There is a reason why they call it the heavenly bed. I will say that in the morning I could hear other room doors being closed and some of the housekeepers but that is my only complaint! Overall I was very happy with this hotel and I would definitely stay here again! I loved it!

Beautiful Property, Convenient to DFW

by TripAdvisor Member traveler213

I recently stayed at the Westin DFW for a single night while on business in the area. I was pleasantly isurprised that, after arriving quite early, I was able to check in right away.
The rooms seem quite new...or at leas newly renovated...and very well designed. There is plenty of light, including natural light from the room's large windows.

Extra power outlets on the desktop made charging a cell phone and a laptop at the same time a non-issue.

The decor of the room is simple, yet very modern and tasteful. It didin't feel like a typical airport hotel.

Service in the restaurant was a little slow, especially since we only ordered appetizers. But, the servers were extremely polite, apologetic and thus the slow service was easily overlooked.

The staff, especially the bellmen, were extremely friendly and helpful.

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Westin DFW and would HIGHLY recommend this property to anyone looking for accommodation near the airport...enjoy!

Great experience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member defresh

The Westin DFW was a great choice for an airport hotel. The service was great. Plenty of staff at the front doors to greet you and the check-in was easy. Rooms look newly renovated with the pillow-top beds and plasma TV. Very modern decor. The bathroom has very nice tile going halfway up the walls. I really liked the heavenly shower. Basically a two-headed shower head. The workout facilities were great. Lots of room with a plasma there too. The pool was okay. Located on the rooftop but nothing special. It was clean and my daughter enjoyed it. Water seemed warm, not sure if it was heated or not but perfect temp.
We ate at a Denny's across the street that was pretty good. On Mother's day we had the brunch. It was incredible with awesome service.
Overall this is a great place if you're looking for a good sleep, good service, great location, and good food.

Above average airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member g2980gj

We all know that airport hotels aren't great. Uninspired places, spaces and people. The Westin DFW is above average. The rooms are typical Westin with the comfy beds and nicer linens. The lobby had been redone, but the interior halls felt dated as did the bathrooms. It was clean, quiet (even with the airport just across the street) and comfortable. The high-speed internet worked pretty well. Room service menu was uninspired, but that's what you expect at a place like this. Great for a business traveller that just needs a place to lay their head at night ... but nothing more. Oh ... and make sure to get the chips and queso from room service -- they were really good and something unique that I've never had from room service anywhere else in the USA.

Wanna-B 4* Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CalItalian

For the multi-million dollar remodel they claim to have made, there are a few things they could have done to make this a true 4* hotel.

Biggest negative for this hotel is don't expect to sleep late in the morning. They didn't replace the thin guest room doors with the remodel. You will hear the maids and everyone else anytime of the day or night.

Rooms are a bit on the small side although very nice with the remodel. Bathrooms had a complete remodel (nice Westin Heavenly Shower) but the new vanity area is too large for it so the bathroom is cramped. The new plasma tv's are nice but no HDTV and limited channel selections. I wouldn't expect a 4* hotel to have the cord from the tv hanging down the wall but this one does. The brown color scheme chosen for the remodel of the rooms is going to look old fast. The rooftop pool is small and the whirlpool has been covered over with artificial grass.

Biggest plus: free self-parking, Westin Heavenly Beds, Reebok gym. Staff is very nice. Van driver said they have 3 vans for DFW pick-ups. Call the hotel when you are ready to be picked up as they do call the van drivers and alert them. Lobby, although a bit on the small side for a 4*, is also very nice. Rooftop (free) gym is very nice. Much more (top notch) equipment than I would expect from a hotel like this. Very low in-room snack bar/refrigerator prices for a 4*. Some candy bars are only 75 cents.

I paid $46 per night on a Priceline bid for 6/7-11/2007. A good price but the noise from the hallways due to the thin guest room doors would stop me from staying here again.

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member travelbug12

Just returned from a stay at the DFW Westin Hotel. I absolutely enjoyed my stay here. I booked this last minute, and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was to stay at this airport location. The Blue Fire Grill is a nice restaurant and I highly recommend the mesquite grilled salmon. The staff was friendly and courteous and my room was
spectacular! The only thing that did not impress me was the pool area, which could use updating, but it would certainly not deter me from staying there again.

A good Westin, and a good airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mrs.Brown.95

I was totally satisfied with this Westin. It was very clean, nicely furnished and had a very modern feeling aesthetic in the public spaces and hallways. The rooms are comfortable and had newer furnishings, a large flat panel TV, and felt very clean. The check in staff was friendly and personable and check-out was easy.

If you read my other reviews, you will see that I have visited several airport Westin hotels around the US, and this one is definitely the best I've stayed at. It was true to its deluxe "star" rating- which in my experience, isn't always the case with the Westin chain.

My only complaints (and they are minor ones!) were that the airport shuttle service took twice as long as promised, and the main phone isn't always answered quickly. These are somewhat insignificant details when compared with the level of comfort and cleanliness that this hotel achieves.

In the past, I have stayed at other Dallas Airport Hotels for about the same price of $110 a night (I booked on priceline), and this is by far the most upscale hotel I have found for that price in the DFW area.

Loved this hotel I would return

by TripAdvisor Member Mdott23

We had a horrible exprience with American Airlines. Our flight was cancelled and we were given vouchers to stay there for two nights. The room was beautiful, and the hotel was beautiful. The room had a mounted flat screen tv. We came there angry and put out. But our stay was wonderful. I don't know what AA paid for the room, but we were very happy with the room and the hotel staff.

One of the Cleanest Hotels I've stayed at!

by TripAdvisor Member egr5906888

We are over 2 hrs from the airport so we stayed at the Westin the day before our flight and the night we flew back. Our 1st night we had a suite (which normally we don't do). We were so impressed at how clean everything was especially the linens and duvet. I usually take the spread off ( I've seen the shows on 20/20) but not this time. The mattress and pillows gave us the best night sleep every. Our shower was huge with 2 shower heads and granite sink tops. Our room was very spacious including a bar, sofa and 2 chairs and there were 2 flat screen TV's in the room. My husband was especially impressed with the desk area as he lives in hotels during the week. Only negative for him was having to pay for internet - most hotels include that free.
We ate at the resturant and the food was a 10 out of 10. Huge portions and cooked exactly the way we asked. Service was also excellent! On our way back from our trip we had a normal room and I was leary because I thought I would be disappointed but, I can say the only difference was size otherwise everything else was the same. I would highly reccomend this hotel and resturant to everyone.

Loved the Heavenly Bed

by TripAdvisor Member kevlori

Got a wonderful deal on Priceline. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was so clean and up to date. The heavenly beds and bath were as good as advertised. Had an excellent workout room upstairs. Only 10 miles from Texas Stadium and 3 miles from Grapevine Mills mall. That worked as something for everyone in our family. Great for a weekend trip.

Bell TowerBell Tower