Best Western Johnson City Inn

See Amenities

Wonderful!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 24, 2014

Had an advanced booking for two nights but arrived a day early to avoid traveling in a snowstorm. Staff was gracious and welcoming and gave us the same reduced rate we had paid for the original stay. Room was nicely appointed and very clean. Quiet and calm environment. Staff was responsive and friendly, and free breakfast was the best hotel breakfast we've had. Would definitely stay here again if we are here. Thank you, BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn, for making our visit so enjoyable!

Bunsch's Profile Photo

Lovely extras, and a comfortable night

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 21, 2011

I made rather a thing of sampling Best Westerns across Texas, so by the third night I felt like an expert. The Johnson City facility was a little frayed at the edges, and I couldn't use the internet connection because the clerk was busy surfing the net. But the room was clean and serviceable (in fact, the air conditioning worked so well that I got really cold), and the nicest part of the experience was the surroundings -- not only does the BWJC welcome you in fine cowboy style (echoed in the cut-outs on the wrought-iron balconies), but there is a pleasant gazebo and even a hammock in which to relax after a swim in the little pool. For my money (and it wasn't much money -- this was the cheapest night), those amenities more than made up for the retro look of the decor.

Unique Quality: Very pleasant grounds! Also, the night clerk was exceptionally helpful in planning my visits to the various Johnson sites the following day, even tracing the route on a map for me. She also directed me to the best wildflower vendor in Texas.

Directions: At the junction of Highways 281 and 290

Basaic's Profile Photo

Nice But Too Expensive

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 10, 2011

This was a fairly decent motel; but it was a bit expensive for what you got. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator and a slightly better than average breakfast. The service was average. I did like the sense of humor (see photo 3). I paid $101 in March 2011.

Unique Quality: Near LBJ National Historic Site

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Johnson City Travel Forum

Need advice about Johnson City, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Johnson City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Johnson City