107 Highway 281 And 290, Johnson City, Texas, 78624 , United States

BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn
Orbitz.com Booking.com BestWestern.com

Satisfaction Average

• Wonderful!

Had an advanced booking for two nights but arrived a day early to avoid traveling in a snowstorm. Staff was gracious and welcoming and gave us the same reduced rate we had paid for the original stay. Room was nicely appointed and very clean. Quiet and calm environment. Staff was responsive and friendly, and free breakfast was the best hotel breakfast we've had. Would definitely stay here again if we are here. Thank you, BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn, for making our visit so enjoyable!

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Lovely extras, and a comfortable night

I made rather a thing of sampling Best Westerns across Texas, so by the third night I felt like an expert. The Johnson City facility was a little frayed at the edges, and I couldn't use the internet connection because the clerk was busy surfing the net. But the room was clean and serviceable (in fact, the air conditioning worked so well that I got really cold), and the nicest part of the experience was the surroundings -- not only does the BWJC welcome you in fine cowboy style (echoed in the cut-outs on the wrought-iron balconies), but there is a pleasant gazebo and even a hammock in which to relax after a swim in the little pool. For my money (and it wasn't much money -- this was the cheapest night), those amenities more than made up for the retro look of the decor.

Unique Quality: Very pleasant grounds! Also, the night clerk was exceptionally helpful in planning my visits to the various Johnson sites the following day, even tracing the route on a map for me. She also directed me to the best wildflower vendor in Texas.

Directions: At the junction of Highways 281 and 290

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Nice But Too Expensive

This was a fairly decent motel; but it was a bit expensive for what you got. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator and a slightly better than average breakfast. The service was average. I did like the sense of humor (see photo 3). I paid $101 in March 2011.

Unique Quality: Near LBJ National Historic Site

More about Johnson City

Office of Sam Ealy JohnsonOffice of Sam Ealy Johnson

Kitchen sceneKitchen scene

Visitor's Center at LBJ National Historical ParkVisitor's Center at LBJ National Historical Park

Johnson SettlementJohnson Settlement

Travel Tips for Johnson City

Want to get up close & personal?

by Rosalind1221

Be sure to check out the Exotic Zoo just north of Johnson City, Texas. It's an unforgettable experience whether it's just a day trip or you reserve a cabin for several days. This is one the kids will never forget, nor will you!

Pedernales Falls State Park

by mertmh

We went in July, and the falls had pretty much dried up. Apparently after a rain, the water level can rise dramatically fast. So stay off the falls in the rain! No kidding! Check out the pictures on the park's website. Seriously. Even if you don't plan on visiting here, you have to check out this picture. It's unbelievable.

Pedernales Falls State Park

There's a swimming hole a bit further down the river. And there are the falls (more like a number of chutes in the dry season). It is fun to clamber across all the rocks. There was a huge bass stuck in this narrow (about 1 ft) deep (about 3 feet) pool on top of the rocks. I felt sorry for it. I hope it didn't die a slow death as its tiny haven dried up. The tragic lives fish have in Central Texas. There's an abundance of rain. Then there's none at all. Thus, the creeks are either full or empty and dried up.

Other than visiting the falls or swimming in the Pedernales River, there isn't a lot to do in the park. It's a big park with some hiking trails, but again, I'd avoid these in the summer. There isn't a lot of shade, and it is HOT!!!!!!!!! You can also camp if you'd like.

Comments