Clipper House Inn

710 Bradford, (formerly The Sculpture Garden), Kemah, Texas, 77565, United States

More about Kemah

Yummy DrinkYummy Drink

Rock the Dock ConcertRock the Dock Concert

Waters of KemahWaters of Kemah

The Crazy SubmarineThe Crazy Submarine

Where should I stay?

by cmillard

What's a good place to stay in Kemah? The Boardwalk Inn looks gorgeous, but wow is it expensive. I got a quote of $598 for 2 days. Is there anywhere else that's nice, close to the boardwalk and a little more reasonable.

Also, do you know how far Kemah is away from the cruise ship terminal at Morgan's Point?

Carol.

by cromette

Yea, the Boardwalk in is sky-high! The Kemah Boardwalk is not a huge place. It is located approx. 12 miles from Barbours Cut Terminal in Morgan's Point, it takes about 19 min. to get there.

My first choice would be "A White Texas Pelican" bed and breakfast for 4 reasons. 1. It's beautiful, comfortable and clean. 2. It has a hot tub and a pier, which is nice. 3. The breakfast is wonderful. 4. The golf carts are a fantastic asset for shopping and running around on the boardwalk. Cost for 2 nights will be $300 plus tax, half the cost of the Boardwalk Inn (which is why I stayed there to begin with).

My second choice is the budget choice near the entry to the resort area. The rooms are very adequate and clean, and very affordable, and you are still fairly close to the shops and the boardwalk. You can walk, and work your way down the quaint little shops to the boardwalk. It's not far. Or if you want to go straight to the Boardwalk, and would prefer not to walk, you can take your car and park it in the free parking garage for the Boardwalk Inn that very few people know about. Everyone always parks outside. Why, I don't know. The hotel is only a few blocks away from the Boardwalk though. A very comfortable King Size Bed room will cost you about $240 for a 2-day weekend stay. Here's the link.

One place that has always intrigued me, but I just haven't stayed there yet is The Sculpture Garden. I would definitely try this place. I'm pretty adventurous, but it looks kind of "gitchy" and fun...I'm going to stay there sometime. Looks like rates are about $250 for a 2-day weekend. This place comes with a golf cart too. Private cabins, by the way. Coffee and snacks with champagne are provided, but I don't think they have the elegant breakfast that "A White Texas Pelican" has. Here's the homepage link: (The link I gave you before is not as good)

Here are some other links to lodging in Kemah:

Kemah Escape - 3 blocks from the boardwalk. Pillowtop mattresses,private hot tubs, About $358-$453 for a 2-day weekend http://www.kemahescape.com/

Captain's Quarters/Crew's Quarters - about 3 blocks from the boardwalk. Looks very nice. Prices listed $60 - $160/night. It will probably be more in the $160/night range this time of year. http://www.captsquarters.com/

Pelican House is accross the channel. Although this place looks VERY nice. It would be my last pick for that reason. http://www.pelicanhouse.com/

by cromette

Here are some other links to lodging in Kemah:

by cmillard

What can I say, thank you again.

Great suggestions! I would love to stay at the Boardwalk Inn as I said in my earlier message, but I would rather spend that extra money on some great dinners and entertainment.

I love all the ideas you have given us. I'm sure any of them will be great!

You're the best!