Best Western Hotel & Suites Lockhart

1811 South Colorado Street, US Highway 183, Lockhart, Texas, 78644-3946, United States

BEST WESTERN Lockhart Hotel & Suites
Orbitz.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

• Raised price upon arrival

I made a confirmed reservation directly with the hotel on Saturday 8/27/11. I ask the rate and was told $79.00. I ask if AAA would help and I was told yes the rate would be $69. When I arrived that night and when they did the paper work the clerk said it would be $96. I told him the clerk that made the reservation said it would be $69 and I had a confirmed reservation # 307-45. He said sorry they were busy and they could not give me that rate it would be $96. I declined the room and went else where. Really is that a way to do business!
    Richard Walters

Unique Quality: Not many alternatives.

Directions: On HWY 183.

More about Lockhart

KREWS BBQKREWS BBQ

LOCKHART, TX COURTHOUSELOCKHART, TX COURTHOUSE

ANOTHER VIEW OF THE COURTHOUSE IN LOCKHART, TXANOTHER VIEW OF THE COURTHOUSE IN LOCKHART, TX

CORNERCORNER

Travel Tips for Lockhart

Family Feud (Smitty's Market vs. Kreuz Market)

by kd_baby

Before Kreuz Market moved to the north side of Lockhart, it was located where Smitty's Market currently resides. The reason for the move? From what I'm told, the family that owned the original Kruez Market handed the business down to siblings--a brother and a sister. The sister owned the land and the brother ran the market. Apparently the sister kept raising the real estate rate and brother got pissed and built a new restaurant up the street. Thus the creation of Smitty's Market and the new home of Kruez Market.

The People with a Heart in Lockhart

by kd_baby

"Brief Description"

Welcome to the self-proclaimed "BBQ Capitol of Texas". Located about 20 minutes from SE Austin (SH71 & US-183, near the AUS airport), Lockhart is straight shot down highway US-183. Lockhart is a small country town, and that's what I appreciate about it the most.

"Lockhart Homepage(s)"