Value Place McKinney

3401 N Central Expy, McKinney, Texas, 75071, United States

Value Place Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas (McKinney)
Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Great Stay,Clean Rooms, Great Price

First off let me say that I travel extensively with my job and I stay at one location for weeks at a time. I have just recently discovered Value Place as an option to stay. Now at first I was thinking that the hotel might have been dirty or of low quality due to the name. I took a chance anyway because the price was outstanding. It turns out that this is a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was amazing. I was very surprised at how much the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I was put off by the fact that they did not have a coffee pot in the room, but once I was told that my stay was more like a smaller lease on an apartment I figured, when I rent an apartment it doesn’t come with a coffee pot, pots and pans so it didn’t bother me. Another thing that I liked was the fact that they have a security person on site at all times. All and all I will be back here again, and I would defiantly recommend this location to anyone looking for a great deal and a great stay.

Unique Quality: Clean
    Safe
    Friendly

More about McKinney

A riot of color!A riot of color!

A long, long lineA long, long line

Painting with a Twist McKinneyPainting with a Twist McKinney

Mark and ElaineMark and Elaine

Travel Tips for McKinney

Historic Downtown Square

by keeweechic

This is a very typical American downtown scene. There are over 100 award-winning specialty stores, antique shops, art galleries, and restaurants situated in historic buildings which date back to the late 1800. Everything revolves around the Courthouse. Just park the car and go for a wander.

The Collins County Government Building

by VeronicaG

The Collins County government building is located at 210 S. McDonald Street and replaced the old Collins County courthouse, which is located in the town square. Although not particularly attractive, it serves the town well.

Here are some facts about McKinney,Texas:

*It was founded in 1841 on a 120 acre stretch of land donated by William Davis.

*The town is on the Trinity River and sits 32 miles North of Dallas at the intersection of U.S. highway 380 and I-75. It is the county seat of Collins County.

*Collins County comprises 885 square miles and has a population of 700,000 people.

*According to census records, 15% of the population is of German descent; 11% are of Irish ancestry.

Smith Drug Company

by VeronicaG

Smith Drug Company has operated for 146 years and is one of the oldest drugstores in Texas. It still sports a neon sign from the 1920's.

The drugstore was opened in the 1880's by Dr. B.M. Smith and has been in continuous operation since then. Today it's a part of the two-story Jesse Shain Building, circa 1900.

Notice the round arched double-hung windows at the upper story and corbelled masonry cornice.

*The business is now owned by Kaylei and Michael Mosier. The drugstore became internationally known in 2005 when the owners decided to make generic medications available at cost to those who could not afford insurance. The store became the salvation of many, and the bane of fellow pharmacists.

*Info. came from an article in The Dallas Morning News, 1/22/05

Allen Premium Outlets

by keeweechic

This large outlet mall is just 5 miles south of McKinney. The shops here are upscale and there are more than 50 stores. Major names such as Polo Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Banana Republic Factory Store, Liz Claiborne, Barneys New York Outlet, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Timberland, Reebok, WestPoint Stevens and more. The Dansk store has some very nice china and crystal. There is a Samsonite store and a Wilson leather store also. All stores have between 25 – 65% off the retail price. Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sunday 11am-6pm.

Location: 820 West Stacy Road, Allen (Located directly off Hwy 75 (Central Expressway), Exit 37

Old Tombstones

by keeweechic

While information states that the earliest graves dated from 1854, I found graves dating back into the 1700’s. I was very impressed how well kept and what good order a lot of these old graves were in.

Location : Pecan Grove Cemetary