This beautiful old house was built in 1918 by Angus Beaird and sold to Howard and Vivian Lott in 1920. The Lott family lived in the house for more than 65 years.
The current owners bought the home in 1992 and have restored it in keeping with its style. In the main house is the Canning Room and features a Grecian Jacuzzi tub for two and a gas log fireplace. The room was originally Vivian Lott’s canning room (thus the name) where she canned her foods and jellies.
There is a two-storey cottage adjacent to the main house which in a prairie style which was typical of the early 1900’s. The Garden Gate is on the second floor of the cottage and has a romantic spa for two on a private deck. There are lovely large shady trees in the garden area.
This B&B is set in a 1920’s traditional home with high ceilings and exposed pine floors. The original owner, “Babe” English, lived in the house until his death at aged 90. The house was left to his sister who also went the distance and celebrated her 102nd birthday in the house. The house has been renovated in the charm of its early years with vintage furniture.
All the rooms have air-conditioning and heating, queen size beds and ceiling fans. There is complimentary snacks and beverages and a homemade breakfast. There is transport for Amtrak passengers.
The old Beckham hotel faces the railroad mainline and is currently undergoing restoration as a bed and breakfast inn. In its heyday the hotel was a genuine railroad hotel for use by passengers as well as employees of the railroad. Many of the rooms over look the tracks.
The hotel was completed in 1927 after a fire destroyed the original 1880s hotel. The upstairs ballroom was rocking with big bands during the 1920s and 30s. Like with most old buildings, the hotel has its stories of ghosts, bootlegging and late night poker games.
There is a restaurant and an antique mall on the ground floor of the Beckham Hotel. The old ballroom has still been in use over the years for various functions. Restoration continues but some of the upstairs suites have been refurbished already.
This home was built in 1906 for a local barrister and businessman Barney Hart and was a replacement for his first home that was destroyed by fire at the turn of the century. Barney Hart was one of the pioneer settlers of Mineola. He was a law partner as well as a Wood County District Clerk but was known as Judge Hart. His family retained the property until 1990 which is was sold and subsequently restored over 12 years. There is a wonderful wrap around veranda and a 2nd floor balcony for enjoying the wafting fragrance from the flowers and herbs in the garden. A huge 65 ft magnolia blooms from May to October.
There are only 3 bedrooms for guests. A suite is on the first floor with two bedrooms upstairs, all beautifully decorated. Breakfast is fresh farm eggs, whole grain baked goods, organic whenever possible, including fresh herbs, fruits and nuts from our their gardens. All served with candlelight, family silver and crystal.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful