Texan Inn

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 12 reviews
Booking.com Priceline

OVERPRICED JUNK!!!!!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THE TEXAN INN!!!!!!!! First thing this morning my husband came over here to check out the room and the guy that runs the hotel comes out and tells my husband he can NOT check in until 3:00pm! We have 2 small children plus us..we got here at 9:30am. So my husband told him that was BS, everything around here is booked up and full except the other overpriced junk next door..The Colonial Inn/Americas Best Value Inn. So we had a friend that was staying at the Texan Inn also. We looked a his room, it was very spacious and nice, and I'm guessing that's the only "nice" room they have. So I called over to the Texan Inn and asked if they had any available rooms, double NON-SMOKING, he told me yes so I asked him how much. He tells me $475.00 PLUS 13% tax!!! So I hang up call my husband and the rest of the crew that my husband works with is staying here for $475.00 WITH TAXES INCLUDED!! He tried to price gouge me I guess because I'm a woman. So I called back and he answers the phone again, I told him that the crew there was paying the $475 why are you trying to charge me an extra 13% he says they are not getting that price I said yes their receipt shows $475 so he still tries to lie and tell me no they are not getting that rate so I told him I will bring it to him. Then his story changes well I can give you that rate. So I load me and my children up and drive to Monohans, TX to the Texan Inn when I go to check in he is a complete JERK to me telling me if they come in tomorrow to clean the room and THEY think it's dirty that we will need to find another place to go..then he proceeds to tell me there is no cooking in the room. So I claim the reservation that I had made earlier overthe phone with him for the double nonsmoking room and go to my room. When I walk in it's a SMOKING room and the bathtub is falling apart the tv is black and white and they won't even fix what we have asked them to fix!!! SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!

Unique Quality: THERE IS A POOL WITH NO WATER!!!!

Nearby Texan Inn

Monahans Travel Forum

Need advice about Monahans, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Monahans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Monahans hotel reviews