Best Western Lake Conroe Inn

14643 Highway 105 West, Montgomery, Texas, 77356, United States
BEST WESTERN Lake Conroe Inn
Enter dates for best prices
Compare best prices from top travel partners
Orbitz.com Travelocity Priceline.com

80%

Satisfaction Very Good
Excellent
40%
26
Very Good
26%
17
Average
14%
9
Poor
7%
5
Terrible
10%
7

N/A

Value Score No Data

Show Prices

Good For Business
  • Families42
  • Couples81
  • Solo75
  • Business88

More about Montgomery

Photos

Sign by the jailSign by the jail

Out the windowOut the window

TV in the bedroomTV in the bedroom

Hot sauce on the tableHot sauce on the table

Travel Tips for Montgomery

#2 - Davis Law Office -1845

by grandmaR

There is a Historic Homes, Buildings and Sites brochure which is available from the Historical Society. The first building on the list is the N. H. Davis Museum which is also a "Thing To Do"

The second building listed in the brochure is the Law Office at 306 Liberty Street - right next door to the museum. It was built while Texas was still a Republic, and Mr. Davis lived here until 1851 when he got married and built the house next door. Many prominent lawyers read law here under Judge Davis' supervision.

According to the historic marker, from 1848 to 1854, this was the meeting place for the Mayor and Montgomery City Council. The building and the Davis House also served as Texanna Snow's day school from 1881to1891. From 1923 to 1936 it was the Post Office.

This building was also given to the Historical Society in 1984.

#8 Old Methodist Parsonage - 1860s

by grandmaR

This pre-Civil War house which is now at 705 College Street in Montgomery was constructed in Willis. When the first (1842) parsonage was destroyed in 1886, the church bought this house to use as their second parsonage. The west wing was moved from Willis and added to the main house by the Niven family who purchased the parsonage in 1977 and restored it. In 1992, Bob and Shirley Peel bought it. The historic marker is behind the porch post, but you can see the chairs hanging on the wall of the porch.

#15 The Parsonage -1909

by grandmaR

The first Baptist parsonage in Montgomery was built next to the Baptist Church on Pond Street in 1909. Reverend S.T. Gray was the first pastor to occupy it. The house was sold to the Methodists in the 1980s, and in 1992, the Beathard's acquired it and moved it down Caroline Street. It is directly behind Ceder Break park. The Beathard's restored the house and it is now the home of the E.A. Mead family.

#21 Arnold-Simonton Home -1845

by grandmaR

905 Stewart is the location of this typical cottage with dentil trim, wide hall and wainscoating. It was built in 1845 by Dr. E. J. Arnold, and was moved to this site in 1978 as a gift from the Simonton family to the Montgomery Historical Society.

The historical marker in the front says:

Frontier Colonial Home, with classic porch. Oldest house in Montgomery, built 1845 by settler from Connecticut. Dr. E. J. Arnold. Earlier home, log cabin built on this lot in 1835, continued in use as doctor's office.

For several generation home of Simonton Family, descendants of the builder.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1964.

Entered in the National Register of Historic Places 1979

#29 First State Bank of Montgomery -1908

by grandmaR

The last stop on the Historic Buildings Tour was the First State Bank of Montgomery which was on 211 Liberty in the middle of the Historic Business District at 211 Liberty Street. The Historic Business District runs along Liberty Street from Eva Street (TX 105) to College Street, and then east to Prairie Street. The Museum and the Law Offices (Davis and McCall) are also in this district as is the #24 Conner-Gibbs House (which we didn't see) and the Rabon-Fuller House - both owned by Joe Stockley.

The Bank was chartered on December 11, 1906, and served until voluntarily liquidated in 1934. It is the oldest commercial building in the Historic Business District and is owned by Gerald and Susan Fauss and is operated as the Bank Boutique and Coffee Bar. They sell expresso coffee. In the picture, Pecan Shadows (#3) is visible on the left side.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Montgomery

La Torretta Del Lago Resort and Spa

Hotel Class 4.5 out of 5 stars

600 La Torretta Blvd., Montgomery

Show Prices

Best Western Lake Conroe Inn

14643 Highway 105 West, Montgomery

Show Prices

Del Lago by EVRentals

100 La Costa Drive P.O. Box 751, Montgomery

First Fairway by EVRentals

13151 Walden Road, Montgomery

View all Montgomery hotels

View all Montgomery hotels

Latest Montgomery hotel reviews

La Torretta Del Lago Resort and Spa
569 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 11, 2014
Villas On The Lake
21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 1, 2014

 Best Western Lake Conroe Inn

We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:

Best Western Montgomery
Montgomery Best Western
Best Western Lake Conroe Hotel Montgomery

Address: 14643 Highway 105 West, Montgomery, Texas, 77356, United States