Montgomery Hotels

Our Members Say

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6594

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Destinations at First Fairway at Walden: Golf and Lake Conroe

We got to Conroe and I had the directions to the condo written down, but I also got out GPS because I have the route done on the computer. We found the turn off from TX105, and eventually found the rental office.

She had no record whatever that we were coming. I was supposed to print out the confirmation letter, but of course I didn't have a printer. So Bob went and got the computer out of the car, and I showed the letter to her from the computer.

She gave us unit 109. There isn't anyone in the unit upstairs or on either side of us, so it is very quiet.

We are right across from a driving range and a putting green, and can walk to the "Caddy Shack" which is the golf club restaurant.

We have one bedroom with a king sized bed, two night tables and a dresser with a mirror plus a TV. There is a big closet but with almost no coat hangers. The lamp on my night table is a touch lamp which startled me when I accidentally touched it with a brochure and it went on.

The bathroom is reasonable size and is fine except the toilet flushes every so often. Must be a slow leak somewhere. We have a full kitchen and a living room/dining room with another TV and a leather sofa. The sofa is so soft in the middle that you sink out of sight - very difficult to get up from and uncomfortable to sit on.

The website says: Each unit at First Fairway at Walden is air-conditioned, has cable television, anda washer/dryer. 1BR units OCC: Max 4/Pri 4 have 1 bath, 1 queen bed and 1 sleep sofa. 2BR units OCC: Max 6/Pri 6 have 2 baths, 1 queen bed, 2 twin beds and 1 sleep sofa. No pets are allowed. There are fees charged for amenities at the Del Lago complex, including golf.

• Opinion of Price: about average