Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

375 Hwy 46 South, Formerly Oakwood Inn, New Braunfels, Texas, 78130, United States
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about New Braunfels

Prost!Prost!

The Comal County CourthouseThe Comal County Courthouse

Mural depicting the arrival of Prince SolmsMural depicting the arrival of Prince Solms

The Comal RiverThe Comal River

Travel Tips for New Braunfels

Camping Among The Masses

by AmericanH

This is a great place to visit. There are 100's of campgrounds along the river, most all of them have fabulous views. During the summer it is always crowded on weekends so be prepared for the noise 24/7. I do not recommend taking little ones into this party environment, it is just too crazy. I have 10 wonderful years of memories that will last a lifetime. I enjoyed organizing our camping trip and being the unofficial king of our campsite. My main goal was to see to everyone else's needs and make sure they had a good time. I loved being in charge of this event. Unfortunantly all of our family lives eventually got in the way and we all kinda went in different directions. We talk now and again about reviving it, but it could never compare to the party years of the 90's.

I have so many memories... Floating down the river and you being the only person for miles and then the next day floating down the same river with 160,000 party-ers. Sitting around the campfire at night sharing stories of the day's adventures and all the wipeouts. Seeing the faces of my friends the first time they experienced it. Watching all the beautiful babes in bikinis step in and scream cause the water was so cold. Sharing our campsite and food one year with a old homeless man named Railroad. Taking my 18 year old son with me on the infamous last trip and seeing him enjoy the very things I enjoyed for so many years.

Guadalupe River State Park

by klasher

A scenic drive on Hwy 46 brings you to the Guadalupe River State Park. I have not yet experienced this place on a hot summer weekend, but early Spring on a weekend is blissfully serene. There are several choices of wide dirt trails which meander through the trees and lush fields. You may be sharing the trail with horses. There is also a trail that hugs the river and many private picnic places as well as picnic tables scattered throughout the park. Camping is available.
Price for the day is $6 per person (dogs are free!)

Local's Park

by klasher

It took me several months of living in New Braunfels to find a great spot on the river that isn't filled with drunk teens and daytrippers. Cypress Bend Park is located just behind the cemetary off of Common Street. Several football fields long of shady shoreline along the Guadalupe River make this a great spot to hang out for the day and a great park for dogs. Many dog groups meet here on the weekends. During the week, you can have the place pretty much to yourself.

Another German settlement in Texas

by Djinn76

Between Austin (50miles) and San Antonio(30miles), New Braunfels is mainly known for the Schlitterbahn, a waterpark resort, or the aquatic activities on the Comal or Guadalupe rivers. There are also a couple of nice buildings to discover.

Comments