963 I-35 North, New Braunfels, Texas, 78130, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Worst one yet.....believe all the reviews

When I arrived we checked in and gave the attendent our c.c. info. We settled in and later went looking for the pool.
    I just want to say that I was severly dissapointed in this hotel. I looked up the hotel prior to staying here and on the website it has them listed as having an outdoor pool. THERE IS NO POOL OR EVEN A SPOT WHERE ONE WAS! When we couldn't find one we asked the front desk and he said that you don't have one and that the website was lying. He asked me what website (travelocity, priceline, etc.) and I let him know it was a direct link to his website, not another website with incorrect information. He then informed me that he had not charged my card yet and I was free to go to another hotel. (Excellent customer service by the way). However, He did already run my c.c. and I assumed that no matter what we would be charged in the morning anyway. These people are scam artists.

Unique Quality: Horrible everything. Only good thing was the convenience store next door.

Directions: off 35

• This place deserves a suicide bomber!

I saw your review and the same thing happened to us! We need advise on what to
    do from here. this is what happened to us...

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT MY ENTIRE LIFE! The old man that
    works there is a RUDE CON ARTIST! We checked in through orbitz with one rate and
    this guy added an extra $150 dollars to it! And when we showed our receipt to
    him he had the NERVE to say we STOLE an ORBITZ receipt that had OUR NAME, OUR
    CREDIT CARD and OUR NUMBER on it! I have been to this town before and had NO
    PROBLEMS! no HOSPITALITY in this HOTEL and if you go to other sites you can see
    the true reviews! We asked for face clothes (because there were NONE!) in the
    evening and didn't get them until the next morning, trash wasn't taken out,
    (keep in mind we have a baby!), there was a bloodstain on the sheets and they
    didn't change them! And when we were complaining about him conning us out of
    money he had the NERVE to say that we ASKED for toilet paper and facecloths
    while we were staying there! LIKE THAT WAS A BAD THING! I saw bad reviews on
    this hotel on other sites but I didn't pay any attention to them because it
    seemed like all the reviews for New Braunfels hotels were bad! I wish I would of
    never stepped foot into this place! He called the police on us too! But we Left
    and told him we are going to stop payment and he wont get anything. He also told
    us to leave because we were trespassing! Please help us with information we can
    get reporting this man to the RIGHT AUTHORITIES! I wish i would of saw your review before
    going to this HELL Whole!!!! This place needs to be shut down! ANd texas laws needs to recognize
    this place for CRIMINAL ACTIVITY!!!!

• Bait and switch pricing - dishonest business

I recommend people stay away from the Edelweiss Inn hotel. I stayed there recently in August 2006. We had been verbally quoted one room price, which was paid by credit card. On the third and last night of our stay, the staff insisted on doubling the rate. They said the quoted price was a "mistake". When we complained, a staff member threatened to call the police for "failure to pay for services rendered". We told him to go ahead because we know that it is illegal to try to change the price which was now in writing on the credit card slip.

The police came. The police officer confirmed that the "charge" was a bluff, as we knew it was. Hotel services are a civil matter, not criminal. The police couldn't do anything for them or for us. However, the police officer said that the Edelweiss Inn "does this all the time". We refused to pay the inflated rate, but compromised on what they said was their "regular" rate. The hotel does not have a posted rate in the room, which is against Texas state law. We were quoted $49.95 a night. The hotel wanted to switch this to $109.95 a night. We settled on $79.95 a night. They also charged us $20 each for 2 rollaway beds when we only used one, and this charge had not been in the original quote at all.

We will never again stay in this run down place run by a crook. I have seen other reviews on the web which confirm I'm not the only one they tried to scam. A complaint has been filed with the Texas Attorney General over this.

• Ripoff - beware

I would recommend people stay away from the Edelweiss Inn hotel. I stayed there recently in August 2006. We had been verbally quoted one room price, which was paid by credit card. The staff insisted on doubling the rate saying it was a "mistake". When we complained, a staff member threatened to call the police for "failure to pay for services rendered". We told him to go ahead because we know that it is illegal to try to change the price which is now in writing.

So unless you want to be a victim of bait and switch pricing, stay far away from this scam.

Comments