The Faust Hotel

Tags

Historical Travel Family Travel Architecture
See Amenities
JustRebecca's Profile Photo

Romantic Hotel, Congenial Pub and Great Beer!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 19, 2012

My family and I were very pleased with our stay at the “Faust” over the St. Patricks day and weekend. I just adored the hotel’s authentic, nostalgic decor and ambiance. This historical hotel with its “Somewhere In Time” Victorian romance is absolutely my perfect cup of tea. The entire hotel, pub and restaurant was very clean with attention to every lovely detail. The staff was very friendly and professional. Our room and beds were comfortable and modernized without compromising too much on the antiquity of this American “1920’s” period hotel. The breakfast in the morning was quiet, lovely and there was enough variety for everyone to select from.. even my finicky twins. My husband was impressed with the pub and brewery that is located conveniently at the “Faust” and he enjoyed sampling the many beers. We were able to relax and enjoy a few drinks without worry of driving. Our family enjoyed the menu and tasty, unique bar fare. It is not a dieters menu but it was well worth the calories. The hotel is located within walking distance of many shops, restaurants and sightseeing activities. The parking situation was small and difficult but I don’t know how it could be improved because there just simply isn’t more available property to expand on. It was just easier to simply parked our car and walk. I am well traveled and have stayed at all sorts of hotels, castles, bed & breakfasts, cottages (and you name it) around the world. I relish the experience of the stay and it is more than a place to sleep for me. Of course, I prefer an impeccably clean establishment but I am willing to tolerate unusual nuances so that I can cherish the wonderful adventure of the journey. For those of you who have traveled abroad you understand that a castle may be drafty or that a five star hotel in Rome may be without air-conditioning or that an Asian bathroom has a hole in the floor for the toilet but that is the part of the native experience. If your priority is total modern, new surroundings and demand the conventional, then perhaps, this is not your place to stay. As for me, I left with a smile and would most certainly stay here again.

Unique Quality: Intriguing architecture both inside and out.

Directions: Located in town near many stores and attractions.

Tom_Fields's Profile Photo

A Historic Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2006

The Faust Hotel is has everything that a hotel needs--an excellent location, small but comfortable rooms, and an affordable price. Usually, places like this are VERY expensive, but this one's not. Bear in mind that I stayed in April.

Unique Quality: Built in 1929, this is a Texas Historic Landmark. This is the former site of the Faust family homestead; this was one of the early pioneer German families in Texas. It even has its own microbrewery. For many years, it was a popular honeymoon hotel, especially during World War II.

Directions: On the edge of downtown New Braunfels. Near S. Seguin and West San Antonio Streets. From I-35, take the Seguin Ave/McQueeney Exit (exit #187). At the light, take a right on Seguin Ave.

Nearby The Faust Hotel

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

New Braunfels Travel Forum

Need advice about New Braunfels, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for New Braunfels and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Braunfels hotel reviews