2220 Hwy 62 South, Orange, Texas, 77630, United States
LQ.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Travel Tips for Orange

Home Base

by NeeNaVal

"Home is Where you Hang your Hat..."

And I've been hanging my hat (and my HEART) here in Orange, Texas, all my life...(Though Hurricane Rita in the fall of 2005 brought major change to my hometown, known before the storm for its trees and its beauty.)

I was born here, schooled here, married here, and spent my lifelong career in education here. There was a time when I dreamed of someday living elsewhere, until family roots grew so deep that my goals began to change. Now, I could never leave home and family (including "all my children"...and grands, and greats, both at home and at school), except for my TRAVELS to see the rest of the world, usually accompanied by my life-mate of 40+ years and/or at least one of our generations of off-spring.

Whenever people ask me what my favorite travel destination has been, I think back through all the cruises and cobblestones, the big city lights and small mountain streams, and I always answer, "Wherever I am at the moment."

I feel blessed to have explored far and wide (and pray that I've "only just begun"). But even more important, I'm thankful to be able to return to my nest after each journey with heightened awareness of this planet earth and its inhabitants, memories of adventure and excitement, and knowledge of a time well spent....

And my thousands of digital pictures which rotate past on my computer screen at the end of each day aren't bad either, since they help remind me what I hope never to forget: What a life -- WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comments