Travelodge Ozona

Tags

Budget Travel Disabilities Family Travel
See Amenities

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 23, 2009

I booked the reservation over the phone (800-780-5733) and was quoted (using an online discount code and AAA) a room rate of $76.50 for a non-smoking, 2-queen-bed room. And I was told I would also receive a roll away bed, possibly for a small fee (which was fine). In addition, they charged a $5 booking fee deemed (at the time) worth paying based on the rate quoted, when compared to the $85 rate offered by the hotel staff when called directly. When I called the hotel directly, the lady was INCREDIBLY rude. I think this was partially due to a diffence in language fluency. She was easily frustrated that I could not understand her, and proceeded to yell ... as if THAT would help me understand her. I tried to tell her three things: that my party would be arriving for a very late check in, that I needed a first floor room for my disabled mother, and that I wanted to confirm the roll away bed. She told me that she only had upstairs units left. I asked three different times, in three different ways "how many steps?" thinking maybe we could manage if not too many steps would be involved. She finally said "two or three." ???? When we arrived (at 4am), lady on staff (same voice as over the phone) charged $94 to my card without giving me an itemized receipt - she just gave me a piece of paper showing a flat $94 charge. When asked the price breakdown, she told me it was the $85 plus tax/fees. I informed her how I had booked the room and the rate I had been quoted, and she flat out refused to honor the rate. Again, she was quite rude. I tried to call the 800 number while standing there at the window to try to resolve the discrepany. When I finally did get ahold of someone (tried twice), they immediately transferred me to a useless extention after I explained the issue I was having!! I decided to call it a night and fight it later, expecting that I would most likely not be able to get any time of reimbursement once I signed the receipt. But at 4am, when you are only going to get a few hours sleep anyway, you have to pick your battles. Then we got to the room... yep, you guessed it... NO ROLL AWAY BED! I went BACK to the counter, and she said she only had two and they had already been checked out. I had to pay for a second (smoking!!!) room to sleep my full group!! Simply unacceptable!!!!! To top things all off, we saw two cockroaches AND a RAT! I will NEVER stay here again, and will report my experience on every website review writing opportunity I can find - and am seriously considering reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

Nearby Travelodge Ozona

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ozona Travel Forum

Need advice about Ozona, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Ozona and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ozona hotel reviews