Motel 6 Dallas - Plano Northeast

2550 N. Central Expressway, U.S. 75 at Exits #29/29-A, Plano, Texas, 75074, United States
Motel 6 Dallas - Plano
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Plano

Humpty Dumpty being blown upHumpty Dumpty being blown up

Yumm-oYumm-o

Restaurant looking under the freewayRestaurant looking under the freeway

Travel Tips for Plano

Southfork Visitors Centre

by keeweechic

Actually I was quite impressed with the Visitor Centre range of gifts. Not just the tacky souvenir type goods you normally see but some very upmarket goods and not all naming South Fork on their products.

Decent and fast chinese food

by virtualling about Panda Express

For a Malaysian-Chinese who isn't so keen on eating chinese in a foreign land because if its lack of authenticity, I rate the food here decent. I liked the orange chicken, stir-fry beef with brocs and noodles.
They weren't fantastic, but I've had crappy asian food elsewhere and I have learned to manage my expectations when it comes to this.
Hot & sour soup wasn't much to my liking. Actually, I find this soup ... weird. It ain't Sze Chuan, not Hakka, not Cantonese... I just dunno what to make out of it. That's a general comment on the hot & sour soup here in US.
But I gave it a try at Panda Express and it was especially peppery and vinegary-sour. I'm sure there are many who like this soup or else it won't be in all around the US.

The customers aren't exactly free to take the (plastic) utensils as they please.
I had to ask the lady at the counter several times for utensils.
I wanted 4 sets and she knew how many people were with me. I ordered more than 4 sets of dishes anyway.
Iono... maybe you'll have better luck with the servers there.

Cookie Cutter City!

by Boomdeay

"I was quite amazed by Plano, Texas."

Everything was so uniform and cookie cutter - I was in awe. The whole time I was there, I don't think I saw anything that wasn't a chain or a development. There was just nothing original. It seemed like a city stamped out for some sort of mass production or creepy commercialized twisted utopian experiment that went wrong.
Wasn't a huge fan of Plano, but I didn't entirely dislike it. People were friendly almost everywhere and it was extremely easy to get around and navigate.

I had to go there for work, what can I say.

Comments