Double Barr Cottages

Tags

Surfing Family Travel Fishing
See Amenities

Worst on the island!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 25, 2013

I would not recommend this facility to my worst enemy!! The cottage that you got to see before they took your money was "okay"....but very close to the beach so we took it. However, when we got checked in and were given a totally different cottage it was terrible!! Dirty, roach infested and smelly. Unfortunately, "NO REFUNDS" seems to be their favorite phrase, so we decided to stick it out. While we were there, a pit bull belonging to another guest bit the finger off of a little boy---and management did NOTHING about it!! Our cottage was smelly, the shower and medicine cabinet were covered in mold and the police were there several times for unruly guests. But wait, it gets worse.....since our stay there, we've spent hundreds of dollars trying to get rid of the HEAD LICE that my child got from sleeping on linens that should have been laundered in between guests. Terrible, terrible place...rude staff (esp manager), and god forbid you end up in a cottage near the fish cleaning house which reeks to high heaven.

Unique Quality: Moldy Shower
Dirty Kitchen sink
Smelly Fish Cleaning Station
Unlaundered, lice-ridden linens.

GregMor's Profile Photo

dont stay here

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2012

Do not stay here. I booked a reservation here and was quoted a price and was put in the books, so I confirmed my vacation days at my job. When I called back to confirm reservations and give my card for half of price in advance I was told a price $300 higher. I emailed the owner but was told she wont honor my original quote. I been going to Port Aransas for 15 years and if you want a good honest friendly place to stay give Connie at Capt'n Dan's a call. She was full this year so had to find another place to stay but she has become a friend from staying there every year and will make sure I call her in plenty of time next year for a room.

Nearby Double Barr Cottages

Double Barr Cottages

• Double Barr Cottages Hotel Port Aransas

Address: 415 Ave G, P.O. Box 266, Port Aransas, Texas, 78373, United States

Amenities at Double Barr Cottages

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Port Aransas Travel Forum

Need advice about Port Aransas, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Port Aransas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Port Aransas hotel reviews