Port Aransas Hotels

Our Members Say

• jonas_seeger profile photo jonas_seeger
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Belle's By The Sea: Absolutely Horrible Stay

Our two-day's of misery started when I called Belles to see if they had vacancy. They finally picked up the third time I called. I was told they didn't have any of the single rooms available, so I had to pick a King suite. We later found out that they lied and did have singles, since we were the only ones there that night. I was also told they had a hot tub and Wi-Fi. This was also a lie. They have neither. When we showed up, there was no one at the service desk and I had to wait half an hour for her to get us our keys. Then when filling out the paperwork, she started talking to a friend on the phone and I had to wait another twenty minutes before she finished our paperwork. The part that really got me mad was when she had me pre-pay for the room, which was almost a hundred dollars more than the price quoted to me on the phone. It was almost 350$ for two nights. I only stayed because she refused to give me back my deposit I paid at the time of reservation. When we got to the room, we could barely get the sliding glass door open because it was covered in rust. The "full kitchenette" had broken cabinets and drawers. The kitchenware consisted of free plastic cups and not a single matching set of anything. The coffee section consisted of a broken coffee maker, two gas station paper cups and a packet of Splenda. The entire "suite" was absolutely filthy and most everything was broken. There was broken glass and dead insects in the corner and several spots with mold or water damage. The "decorations" were all trash or yard-sale junk. Their was a Reader's Digest in a broken bedside table from 1995. The AC barely cooled off the room at all, and that night, it broke completely. I went to the desk the next morning to ask about it and 45 minutes later I found a man who worked there. He told me that they just shut down sometimes and we should just come get him again if it didn't start working again in a few hours. When I did come back that afternoon, the owners didn't come to the desk when I rang the service bell, but I could here them in their back room and smell the pot they were smoking. We ended up trying to spend as little time in there as possible until we could check out. It was miserable.

We absolutely hated our stay there and I encourage everyone considering staying in Port Aransas to find a better place to stay. Don't give these lazy, rude people your business.

The pool was filthy, almost as bad as the rooms. The whole place looks trashed. Watch your step for broken glass. The view sucked. Other motels block the view of the beach and ocean.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 12, 2012

• bbkmomma profile photo bbkmomma
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Pelican Condominiums: Perfect for Families!

We were pleasantly pleased with The Pelican. It was a family friendly atmosphere, with a clean, comfortable condo. Not fancy, but included a 2BR 2BA with kitchen and cable TV for one of the best prices for a property "on the beach". The beach was just a short walk over the dunes. The pool was very large and good for our two young boys. Fresh towels arrived every morning and the staff was friendly and helpful. If you are looking for super luxury, look elsewhere, but this was a great price and a great stay!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Fishing
  • Written July 15, 2006

• lw9423 profile photo lw9423
  • Reviews: 15

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

mustang island state park: beach camping

camp on the beach...not much protection from the elements. half the time no open fires.

camping on the beach. do you like sand in your food?

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Sailing and Boating, Budget Travel
  • Written March 4, 2006

camping

• bousquetj profile photo bousquetj
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Belles' By the Sea: Comfortable family-operated motel

The three sisters who operate this little motel make you feel like family. They take a personal interest in accomodating their guests and in adding personal touches to the grounds.

A short walk through the dunes to the beach. Visitors with allergies will appreciate the tile floors and wooden privacy screens. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Cute circular pool.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Travel with Pets, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 22, 2003

Belles' pool

• texanboy14 profile photo texanboy14
  • Reviews: 13
Mustand Island Beach Club (Island Villas): One of The Island's Best Kept Secrets

It's close to the beach and about 10 minutes from downtown Port Aransas. There's a lovely coutyard, too. Other amenities include a pool, a hottub in every condo, kitchenettes, a rec room in the lobby complete with a pool table, a ping-pong table, donuts every once in while and a hot pot of coffee every morning. There's a variety of brochures there too, about the many attractions in the area. In conclusion, I give it 5 stars.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written March 24, 2003
Tip Photo

View of the condos from the gate

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful