Port Royal Ocean Resort Condos

Port Royal Ocean Resort & Conference Center
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

• Port Royal is a must in Port Aransas

The facilities are the best I have stayed in the area. The pools and hot tubs are huge. The property has swim up bar, water slide, poolside hamburgers, tennis courts, volleyball, store, room service, and convenient lighted secure pier to beach.
    We stayed in a two bedroom unit. It had a full litchen and had been recently updated. It was spacious, and had an extremely large porch with a good view.
    The town of Port Aransas is very unique and charming. You see novelty golf carts all over town. There are wonderful shops, and good places to eat. There is a wonderful golf course and an airport on the island. It is a wonderful place to vacation.

Unique Quality: Port Royal has a wonderful family atmosphere.

• Exclusive & Luxurious Life By The Sea!

This is possibly the most luxurious beachside resort in Port Aransas. The condos are huge! I only stayed here once or twice, and I don't recommend it if you're on a tight budget, but if you have the money and the desire to be pampered, STAY HERE!

Unique Quality: There is an incrredible restaurant on the top floor which offers a spectacular view. The pool is huge (in reality, it's a pool with three sections seperated by waterfalls.) and there are four great hot tubs. The waterslide is really fun! The gift shop has practically everything from souvenirs to food. I guarantee you'll enjoy staying here!

Directions: "Next door" to Mustang Island Beach Club

More about Port Royal Ocean Resort Condos

resort will not take care of you beware

first we payed for an ocean view and recieved a barely visible view of the dunes. second the staff was extremely rude in changing my room closer. i did notice that a number of very good rooms were available but were not offered to me. housekeeping would not leave toilet paper and after numerous calls to house keeping i just went and got it myself. the bars at the pool werent open during the week the restaurant was closed for renovation and the pool was freezing and not heated. all these thing were not told to me when i booked my reservation. after 2 days i saw the manager who by the way is the owners wife. would not refund any money. would not discount a future visit. and since i live 1500 miles a way figured i would come back any ways. there right. save your money and go to a nice resort the area is great but port royal isnt. BEWARE

We had a great time here.

This is the best resort @ Port Aransas. We looked around and found this place to be just right for a two day stay last weekend. We would have stayed longer if we could. Our room was great and the whole place was very relaxing. The view from our room was part ocean, part dunes.The staff was great and always willing to answer questions and help.

The outside needs some attention but I was told of plans to repair some this winter.

The pool is very large and cold. (December) Well maintained. The four hot tubs were nice and warm.

I bet this place is really beautiful in the summer. Lots of tropical plants and trees.

Overall we loved the experience. We will return.

Good Value - Pleasant Surroundings

My wife and I stayed at Port Royal for the second time and all in all a very satisfactory visit. The unit we stayed in the first of this week was not as nice as the one a couple years ago. Staff is doing some refurbishment at present.

KIDS SUMMER PARADISE

Our kids love Port Royal. It has been and will be our annual summer vacation spot with the kids. Kids are made welcome and have the best time making new friends and socializing. Giving our kids other options, they always request PORT ROYAL.

Great visti

Visited Port Royal for a 10 day stay in November - a little off season
for this beach front resort, but perfect weather, quiet & and pool was
still warm. The unit we stayed in, Unit 3304, had just been totally
remodeled, was top floor and had a view of the pool with a view the
Gulf from the private deck. The dining room renovation was also
complete with a great Sunday brunch. The view of the Gulf from our
table was great altho the room could use a little more furniture or
separation for quiet dining.
Beautiful grounds, pleasant staff - very attentative to our needs. A great time to visit as it was a little quieter than it is in summer.

We'll return to this unit again!

Very Comfortable

Pool was cold in march, but the room we had was great and so was the service. I guess the rooms are all different, so it may depend on what you get. We got a 1 bedroom overlooking the pool for $130/night. It was nicely decorated with two TVs. With the pull out couch it was perfect for a family of 4. It even came with free DSL service --- may not be standard.

Security was great. There were a bunch of kids over spring break, but they weren't too rowdy. You have to be over 21 to rent there.

They have 4 or 5 hot tubs...go in the morning when no one is there.
Also, if it's busy, get your beach chairs early. The pools are really nice and huge, but many of the chairs were taken.

Ate at the restaurant...it was B+ food. Highly recommend Shells Restaurant in town...ask around. It was A+ food at beach town prices.
Chefs from 5 star restaurant running the place.

Better places available

If you are looking for a great pool, then you found the place. However, the staff and reservations desk is useless once they have your money.
Do not even think about trying to cancel or reschedule in the event of an emergency (unless it benefits them by rebooking at a higher rate).
Condos are your average rental and overpriced compared to some of the other nicer condo setups. Try Aransas Princes if you are looking for good pools, nice grounds, and overall, nicer condos. Feel free to use my e-mail to reply further.

Just average!

We just got back from staying at the Port Royal. The room was pretty nice. The pool looks great, but the water is absolutely freezing--probably 60 degrees. During the hot hot summer months it may be OK, but not anytime otherwise. They had 4 hot tubs, but since the pool was so cold everyone and I mean everyone congregated at the hot tubs, which made it crowded. Access to the beach was good. Also, beware of a $25 reservation processing fee that they charge upon arrival. I made my reservations on the internet and the confirmation said nothing about this charge. I told the front desk I didn't agree with it, but they could have cared less. Also, this place had a lot of huge groups of teens staying there from differing schools. If you want romance or privacy you will not get it here. I might stay here for the price during the off season, but it is not worth the price you would pay during peak season.

Horrible Service!!!!! Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

Horrible Customer Service!! This was our fourth and final visit. The list of complaints is endless! Each visit just got worse! The staff at the front desk was rude. The help around the pool were ignorant. We even complained and nothing was done about anything, they preferred to just treat us as though they didn't need our business. We did the express check out which means they leave your bill on the door the day you depart and if there are any charges they add those to your credit card. Well, they called the constible on us for not paying 200.00. They had the credit card information but decided not to use it- but rather report it to the police. We spent over 3500.00 between two families and they treated us like criminals. They also tried to blame us for a hole in the wall that was already there, etc, etc. Beware, the pool is great, however if you'll be told to move if there is a private party and laughed at. Save your money and your temper---avoid this resort and there horrible, horrible service!!!!!!!

Comments