Rock Cottages

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 54 reviews

Fishing Sailing and Boating Road Trip

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 15, 2014

We normally stay at Shark Reef or Captains Quarters but decided to go on a last minute weekend getaway and during the tournament our usual spots were booked for Friday night, So we took what was available unfortunately.

we checked in late at 2:30 am site unseen on Friday night. The photos on web site are old! Do not represent what you get at all. We stayed in room 12. Our room was 7 feet from the fish cleaning station. yuck! All the water and guts drained down to the door way. Our room was stated to be a Queen and it was a small full size. The bathroom had no curtains on window and thus had no privacy for showering. The room was dirty and smelled awful. The AC didn't work very well either so it was not a comfortable sleep.

Saturday morning at 8am I attempted to contact owners who were sleeping and didn't want to get up until 10am. I checked my emails while waiting and learned that I had been charged not only once for Friday night (which I was ok with) but they had charged us for Saturday and Sunday as well in a second charge on my credit card.

I told them we were checking out due to the issues and I wanted to know why I was charged for day I had not used or authorized. The owner began to curse at me and use EXTREMELY VULGER language! His wife jumped in and began cursing me as well. They called me a stupid tourist for complaining and said I was not going to get any money back. I threatened to call Island Police and Owner/manager got so angry he nearly jumped over the counter at me.

I called my husband in and told him to call police and Owner started threatening my husband telling him he was ***** and **** and **** ect. it was horrific! The owners wife told us she hopes we fall into the ocean and drown and get eaten by a shark. They just went on and on. My husband was not a happy person and I told him to go outside to call police.

Needless to say I had to file fraud charges and luckily had other credit cards on me since I had to have that one turned off. The Police came out and were very nice and told me the owner had been arrested for his behavior before as well as the other similar complaints he has had by other patrons.

The owner refused to refund all of Saturday and Sunday even though I hadn't been there for those days yet. I am working with my bank to get my 238.00 back.

DO NOT STAY AT ROCK COTTAGES! These owners are CRAZY! They will take your $$$$

The rest of our stay we kept hearing from others how awful this place treats people. They are listed on Chamber of Commerce web page so they keep getting the tourist business. If I had not been a regular on the Island I would have just left period and went to Rockport or Port Lavaca. But luckily we had the awesome Shark Reef Hotel available for the rest of our stay.

Unique Quality: Nothing to say positive about this place. The parking is very very bad

Nearby Rock Cottages

Rock Cottages

• Rock Cottages Hotel Port Aransas

Address: 603 East Avenue G, Port Aransas, Texas, 78373, United States

Port Aransas Travel Forum

Need advice about Port Aransas, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Port Aransas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Port Aransas hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Double Barr Cottages
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Explore Deeper into Port Aransas
Great pancakes, seafood and drinks !
Great views