Homestead Dallas Richardson

Travel Tips for Richardson

back to school again

by counsel14

"had to go to UT Dallas"

for continuing education classes related to my city council work. I stayed in Richardson for the four days i was there.
I loved it, as I only had classes in the mornings and had every afternoon free for exploration, relaxation or shopping.

The classes were boring beyond belief and most afternoons I would go swim for an hour before taking off for places unknown.

See my tips page for places to go, places to eat, and places to stay.

More Wildlife in Richardson

by mccalpin

"Hummingbird"

Here is a hummingbird at a feeder on the patio.

"Hummingbird"

Here is a hummingbird in flight near a feeder...obviously, I need a faster digital camera ;-)

"Hummingbird"

Here, a hummingbird rests on Christmas lights that we have up year-round on the patio.

"Bobcat"

This shot was taken through the window of my wife's home office. This is a photo of a bobcat next to our gas meter. The silhouette in the bottom foreground is of one of my indoor cats, who is fascinated by the critter outside.

"Hawk"

This is a close up (may be grainy) of a hawk in the cottonwood tree in our back creek. This tree is commonly used by hawks and owls as a lookout, since it is one of the tallest trees around.

"Screech Owl"

We have an owl box mounted on a tree in the backyard, overlooking the vineyard. From time to time, a screech owl takes up residence. Here is a screech owl basking its face in the afternoon sun.

"Beehive"

We have a number of dead and dying trees in the creeks, a function of the short life span of some species. Our willow trees, in particular, are gradually dying. In the process, they serve as homes for all sorts of birds and critters who burrow into the soft tissue.

Here, honeybees have taken advantage of the opening on the bottom side of a branch (keeps the rain out) to make a hive some 30 feet in the air.

"Beehive"

The "beehive" tree came down recently in a storm. Here is a closeup of the comb that was in the tree.

Comments