Richardson Hotels

• Callavetta profile photo Callavetta
  • Reviews: 625

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Doubletree: Business Hotel with a homey surprise

I made a quick overnight stop at the Doubletree Hotel in Richardson this past week. It was a comfortable business hotel with all the normal amenities and a very comfy bed. But the big surprise was upon check in. I finished signing the forms and the desk clerk opened a drawer, pulled out a small bag and handed me a fresh hot chocolate chip cookie!

So much for good intentions! I ate half of it while making a quick 10 minute fresh up stop before meeting a colleague in the lobby. I ate the second half in bed that night.

Free internet (which is nice since some of the nicer hotels charge outrageous rates for internet access), free parking, and very nice door men. But best of all (besides the cookie) was the desk chair. I want to find out the manufacturer and get one for my office. It was the most comfortable office chair I have had the pleasure of using!

Also, I looked at the room service menu and was amazed at how reasonable prices were. We ate out though. I didn't even stop downstairs for breakfast but ran over to Starbucks across the parking lot.

Got a great rate of $113 with AAA membership.

• Opinion of Price: about average