1908 Ayres Inn

124 W. Woodlawn Ave, San Antonio, Texas, 78212, United States

More about 1908 Ayres Inn

The Perfect Birthday Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member DPacka

My husband booked us in for my birthday weekend as a surprise. We walked to dinner one block up on Sat night. Sunday morning I had breakfast cooked for me - as a mom that meant a lot. The house was beautiful, the location is ideal, great dining is one block away ( several restaurants !). The neighborhood is amazingly quiet. The hospitality was awesome - we will definitely go back.

will be going back

by TripAdvisor Member marsha73

We were there on our honeymoon. We had a wonderful time, the manangement is great and will accomadate you in anyway. They were very helpful. This B & B is beautiful inside and out, very quiet and relaxing. Had lots of modern aminities along with the charm of an old house. Homemade baked goods for breakfast, they also had breakfast foods out 24 hours a day that you could have if you were hungry. Have already made reservations to go back on our anniversary. I would recommend this place to anyone. Excellent job to the management.

5 Star Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member thomp0917

I stayed at this B&B for 6 nights this week, and I highly recommend this option for staying in San Antonio. While not on the Riverwalk, the location is a minute of two from the Riverwalk, and I ended up having a much better San Antonio experience that my fellow convention-goers, who were confined to the the Riverwalk with no auto. Given the central location of this Inn, all areas of San Antonio are easily accessible.

The accommodations were 5-star, with a top quality bed/bedding and a deluxe bathroom. Mike and Hector were friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions. The breakfast was prompt and delicious each morning.

The Inn is quiet, and with the private bathroom, I was not ever bothered by the other guests. This is one of the nicest B&Bs in whcih I have stayed, and I would stay at this location if I ever return to San Antonio.

Make sure you use the hotel website for booking.

Cheers!

The best local getaway yet!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lewilliams84

Mike and Hector where the BEST. I planned an overnight stay surprise for my boyfriend for Valentines and it turned out better then I ever imagined! Hector and Mike was so were extremely accommodating with my reservation changes! Although we live down the street, we felt as though we were on a Victorian resort! This place has my compliments and automatic referrals I thank you Hector & Mike for making my gift to my boyfriend one that he will never forget. 100 points for me from him…200 points from me to you!!!!! P.S. The location is GREAT!!!

Heaven on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member akanormsoto

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. The room was extremely clean and had all the amenities you would need. The home itself was beautiful. Hector and Mike were the best hosts and made you feel at home. Will be staying there everytime I go to S.A. Top notch in my book!

Ayres_Inn_from_Garry

by TripAdvisor Member GarryBoyd

It was a unique and comfortable place; as a matter of fact we came back a second time later in the month. They helped us print our airline boarding pass. The breakfast was delicious.

The only suggestion that I would make would be to add more chairs for the bedroom and the bathroom

Lovely experience

by TripAdvisor Member Lorna1258

This is a lovely home with ceilings that don't stop and beds that make you want to never get up (until you smell breakfast, that is). Mike and Hector make you feel very welcome and helped us with travel plans and google maps and could not have been nicer. The coffee/expresso maker will satisfy even the fussiest bean lover, and there are snacks all day if you get hungry. We liked that there was no set breakfast time. The home is truly beautiful and there is much to be appreciated about the architecture (including the hidden room...). We would stay here again and highly recommend it.

Stay at the Ayres Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member garst0704

BEAUTIFUL B-n-B! This is about the 5th B-n-B around the country that we have stayed in and it was BY far the BEST! The home is so beautiful, and the room was breathtaking! All wood floors, granite shower, temperpedic matress, 1,000 thread count sheets-need I say more??!!---we will be back if we visit San Antonio again!
A MUST STAY IN SAN ANTONIO! It was close enough to everything, but far enough away to be SO quiet. This is a wonderful bed and breakfast!!

Awesome San Antonio B&B

by TripAdvisor Member KoolCass

My family and I took a mini Spring Break vacation to San Antonio recently. Our normal B&B was booked and that turned out to be a blessing for us because we discovered 1908 Ayers Inn. The proprietors of this B&B, Mike and Hector, have done a wonderful job remodeling and decorating this charming former duplex. The inn has 4 sleeping rooms, 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. Each room is beautifully decorated. We stayed in the largest room which has 2 king size beds and a private bath with tub/shower, pedistal sink and toilet. The room has a cozy little sitting area for conversation or reading. It also had a nice flat panel television and DVD player. The inn has a dvd library if you want to spend an evening or afternoon enjoying a movie. Also in each room is a nice iPod friendly clock radio if you want to enjoy your own music. Each sleeping room is provided with a cell phone for making local calls or touching base with the owners for directions while you are enjoying San Antonio. The non-sleeping rooms in the house are very comfortable and richly decorated and furnished. Great for reading a book or having conversation with your party or other guests. The heavy continental breakfast was wonderful! The inn is within short walking distance of one of the nicest restaurants in San Antonio, La Fonda. The 1908 Ayer Inn is about 5 -10 minutes drive from the Riverwalk which is great. We will definitely visit again.

Awesome Bed & Breakfast...Literally!!

by TripAdvisor Member jennydc78

OMG!! My mother & I stayed at this B&B, and it was so Wonderful. My mother can not stop raving about how comfortable the bed was....think I know what her X-mas gift is going to be. The breafast crousants were amazing!! I had melon, strawberries, and the most amazing crousant I have ever eaten. I wont give away their little recipe, but it is a must have!! I was so tempted to eat another, but I am pregnant & my doctor told me that I shouldn't eat like I am eating for two....just to eat like a normal person, so i had to hold back. On the other hand, my mom said, "shoooot....i'm getting another one". lol The house is decorated awesome- I love the job that they did with this house. OOOH OOOH they also have I-Pod Docks!!! We have stayed in hotels that cost $600-$800 a night, and they didn't have this.....which i think is a pretty nice touch. I will most definetely go back .....but, next time with my honey!!

Comments