A Yellow Rose Bed & Breakfast

A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast
Priceline.com Tingo.com Travelocity

• virtualling's Profile Photo

Great B & B experience and value for money

Spent 4 nights (June 24, 2007) with $110 plus tax per night, without breakfast. Booking via e-mail was easy, response was quite quick.
    Room I got-Blue Bonnet, on the 1st floor.
    Rooms & bathroom: Super clean, spacious, tips on recommended restaurants, transportation, utensils, iron/ board, novels, mags-current issues. included in the room. There's almost no need to call for hsekeeping. Bed's plush, in case some of you prefer hard mattresses.

Freshly baked oatmeal chocolate chip/ nut cookies are provided. So yum!
    2 small bottles of Tropicana orange juice and 2 cans of diet pepsi, coffee and teabags included.

Curtains were thick.
    Rooms are with private entrances. Light sleepers may have problems with constant sounds of train. The innkeeper and house keeper are a bit loud too. You can hear them talking outside the at about 9am. Aside that, the surrounding is peaceful. Mozzies. Lotsa mozzies outside when I was there. Got quite a few bites.

Deb, the innkeeper adopts cats and dogs. She has 3 dogs in her house and I didn't hear a single bark, to my surprise.
    The cats hang out around the place, you just have to be careful not to let them sneak in. Otherwise, they don't bother you. Pretty shy cats. They scoot away when they see someone.

The Rivercenter Mall and the restaurants around it aren't as close as to the B & B as I initially thought. You can take a scenic riverwalk route to the happening spots but it's further. To go by the main roads, (streetcar/ trolley route).. it's about 15 minutes walk.

Parking is by the street outside the B & B.
    VIA transit or trolley (to commute around downtown) is only 5 mins away. Fare is a dollar, return trip.

Overall, the room is very complete.

I checked tripadvisor for reviews on A Yellow Rose and there were more than 60 good reviews on this place. Heh.
    Should you decide to stay here, do share your experience.

Directions: King William District

More about A Yellow Rose Bed & Breakfast

Convenient, friendly, great oasis in San Antonio

by TripAdvisor Member OmarHenderson

My stay was superb and a pleasant oasis away from the Convention Center. Recommendations from Deb for local restaurants was right on with the best Tex-Mex food in town, Great Italian, convenient deli near by for snacks. The location can not be beat and the room was luxurious, quiet, and well appointed. I look forward to my next visit!

Relaxing

Husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Yellow Rose. Be sure and get the breakfast brought to your room! It was great along with the cookies we found after a great day in San Antonio. Good place to stay for walking distance to all the great places. Room was very clean, and the spa bath was very relaxing after a long day of having fun. It felt like we were in a small town not a big city down town. A great place to stay.

Not so great!

by TripAdvisor Member radhakr

This was my first stay at a bed & breakfast and I was quite disappointed. My husband & I decided to spend our first anniversary weekend at San Antonio and I picked this spot based on the pictures on their website and the reality was not close to what we saw on their website. We stayed in the Magnolia room and remember having some problem with the bath tub. We did not see our hosts after we recieved the key to our room. I think the amenities in a standard hotel would have been better. I am surprised to see the good reviews, maybe their service has improved... But, I will not go back.

Massage and A Yellow Rose

We pulled into San Antonio with my back seizing up from driving and sleeping on unfamiliar beds. I called a few numbers in the phone book for massage but no luck. Then I decided to call The Yellow Rose and Deb was able to arrange a massage 90 minutes later! Ah, heaven! Our room and bath was quite spacious with all the comforts of home (a comfy bed). And it really was within walking distance of downtown!

Wonderfully relaxing!

We had a wonderfully relaxing time at this B & B. The room was spacious with lots of amenities, including chocolate and cookies. The french toast for breakfast was superb! From the porch you could enjoy the many birds in the neighborhood, and occasionally, Mona (the cat) would drop by to visit. The King William district was a wonderful area to explore. I would go back to this B & B again! Enjoy the walk from the King William district along the Riverwalk to downtown - just wear comfortable shoes.

What a Weekend!!!

I can't tell you enough what a great place the Yellow Rose is to stay. We booked a 50th Birthday Party for a friend of ours and 12 of us traveled to San Antonio as a surprise to him. The hospitality of the owners was 2nd to none. My wife and I had stayed in B&B's in Europe so we had an idea what to expect but this B&B far exceeded our expectations. From the great breakfast for our group of 12 to the willingness of the owners to turn over their kitchen so we could cook a couple of briskets by the courtyard on Saturday night. The rooms were beautiful as was the courtyard leading to them. We did a breakfast out one morning which Deb and Kip (the owners) recommended to us and that was fantastic. Everything was so close, the Alamo, the Riverwalk, shops, and great neighborhoods to just walk around in and admire.

We, and I think I speak for the whole group, had a wonderful weekend staying a the Yellow Rose! I even took this picture of a yellow rose in the garden in the front of the house. We plan to return there again soon to kick back, relax on the porch, and I know we will be pampered all weekend.

Thanks for a GREAT weekend and one our friend will remember as a Great way to Celebrate a 50th Birthday. Hey, my spouses birthday is coming up - ummm, maybe we will all be back!

The McKinney Crowd

Best Sleep Ever!!

by TripAdvisor Member GROOMANDBRIDE

My husband and I stayed at A Yellow Rose while visiting San Antonio over the weekend. What an awesome experience. We arrived 3 hours before check in and our room was already waiting for us! We stopped in to check out our room before venturing to the Riverwalk and ended up napping on the oh so comfy bed for over an hour! The fresh baked cookies awaiting us were soooo yummy and the fridge stocked with OJ and cold sodas was such a nice treat! The room was extremely comfortable and so cozy...my husband and I said it felt like visiting grandma. Our room at A Yellow Rose was by far nicer and more comfortable than any hotel we have ever stayed in. We were really looking forward to our breakfast being delivered to the room but had to pass it up due to our plane leaving earlier than we realized. The neighborhood was nice, with lots of neat shops and local restaurants. The Alamo and Riverwalk are within walking distance. Everything was exactly as stated on this B and B's website. Would love to stay here again!!

Lone Traveler Not Missing Home Here

Whenever opening the door of “Blue Bonnet”, I feel like coming back home – the lighted lamp, slowly running ceiling-fan, a plate of cookies & chocolate and thrillingly cool air are waiting for you home. Without meeting anyone from “A Yellow Rose”, “Blue Bonnet” can tell me its owner is very thoughtful with elegant tastes – comfy bed, local cell phone, CD player, fresh milk, grinded coffee, sun block lotion, etc. The nearby local restaurants they suggested are good choices too. Good hotels are all similar worldwide; Staying in “A Yellow Rose” in King William Historic District of San Antonio is an unique and different experience.

Comments