230 Madison, San Antonio, Texas, 78204, United States
Priceline.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast

They Pampered and Spoiled Us!

Everything was divine!

Our large room was clean, well decorated and full of wonderful small details. The room was stocked with wine, popcorn, chocolates and sherry. The pillows were plentiful and the spa robes were a treat after a bath in the claw-footed tub! It also has wireless internet access and a TV/DVD player.

The best part was the amazing breakfasts! Benny and Sue served the most scrumptious, mouth-watering, gourmet 3-course breakfasts! Our juice glasses and coffee cups never saw the bottom! Some of the delectable foods we enjoyed included: warm scones and fresh fruit, French Pancake drizzled with blueberries and side sausages, Spinach Quiche, Cinnamon Muffins and an assortment of sorbets for dessert. No menu is repeated! Sue was also generous to share her recipes with us.

The Brackenridge House has parking in the rear and on the street. When we first arrived Sue showed us how to take the trolley to our sightseeing destinations. When it began to rain, they supplied all the guests with umbrellas! They also have a library of videos and books if you want to relax in your room.

Benny and Sue treat their guests like cherished family. When we return to San Antonio, the Brackenridge House will be our home away from home!

The Brackenridge House Rocks

I just returned from the Texas Music Educators Association Convention in San Antonio, Texas, and I stayed at the Brackenridge House. This lovely inn is my first experience with bed and breakfast accomodations. It is beautiful, comfortable and very convenient. The Brackenridge is located one block from a trolly stop that takes you right to the convention center. It's also a convenient brisk walk to the convention center which I timed at eight minutes door-to-door. The area is safe and secure, and it's just minutes away from some of San Antonio's best resturaunts including Azuca's, The Blue Star Brewery, Rosario's, El Mirador, and La Focaccia to name a few. Benny and Sue Blansett are hands-on owners and they attend to every need and request promptly and courteously. And the breakfasts are amazing. Eggs and casseroles, breakfast meats including bacon and ham, delicious breads, incredible sauces, fresh fruits and juices, coffee, sweet sorbets - even champaign one morning. The room was spacious and comfortable. As a band director I attend two music conferences in San Antonio each year, and you can bet I will always call Benny and Sue first whenever I need a place to stay in the Alamo city.

Perfect anniversary getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Laura1400

We stayed at BH for an anniversary trip. I could not have been more pleased with our choice. We had actually made reservations at a nearby b& b initially, that I cancelled after reading it's reviews on this forum. Luckily for me, I took Trip Advisor's #1 recommendation and booked at Brackenridge House.
Bennie & Sue are truly some of the nicest people you will meet. They were very helful with directions, restaurant suggestions, and things to see & do.
The house is gorgeous, but very homey and comfortable.
We stayed in the Bride's room, which was lovely, especially with the owner's own and their children's bridal pictures on the wall. The back door of our room led onto a large, covered deck which was wonderful to sit out on in the evening after a long day walking the Paseo Del Rio, and also first thing in the morning as the sun came up.
All the rooms were booked while we were there, but I never even saw or heard any of the other guests except at breakfast.
And the breakfasts were great! The plate settings changed each day, and the whole meal was relaxing and VERY filling. Juice, fruit, then the entree(yummy each day), followed by sorbet, which of course I just made myself eat! Our other housemates were all in town for the TMEA convention, and were very good company.
Walking to the Riverwalk, and around the neighborhood to nearby resturants was easy and safe-even at night.If needed, the very prompt trolley service stops just a short block away from the house.
I would love to keep this jewel of San Antonio a secret, but I would be doing a grave inservice to the Blansetts. We cannot wait till we are able to return.

Elegant yet Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member kaemax

We just came back from our first visit to San Antonio and first time in a Bed and Breakfast in the states. Loved both. Our hosts were great-providing good location, nice room with wonderful antiques yet comfortable not too frilly. They made you feel at home -great conversation at equally tasty breakfast. The terrace and porches were a plus for a little break. I would recommend this to my best friend. The location is an easy walk to all the sights you may want such as Alamo and Riverwalk. Don't miss the First Friday in the King Williams area-fun time.

Don't look any farther than the Brackenridge House for a place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member ahacker

I love B&B's so when my nephew said that he was getting married in Seguin,I checked out the websites on several in San Antonio. The Brackenridge House is everything that all the other reviewers have said & more. The three course breakfasts are fabulous. I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day. One guest said that he had been there 8 days & hadn't had a repeat. Bennie & Sue are perfect hosts. They are very knowledgeable & helpful.
When Chicago weather caused a cancellation of my flight they welcomed me back to Brackenridge that evening &at the last minute w/open arms. Since I had returned my rental car they helped me find inexpensive door to door transportation from airport & return the next morning. My room refrig was even fully restocked by the time I got "home". Thank you both for making a stressful evening a homecoming.

Pampered

We spent four nights at Brackenridge House, a bed and breakfast in San Antonio's King William Historic District. Not only were our hosts professional and friendly, they went out of their way to make sure we made the most of our vacation. They educated us on the trolley system, recommended places to visit, and were happy to join with the guests in conversation. Sue's breakfasts were the best we have ever had, and the amenities in the guest room showed thoughtfulness and class.

Comfortable and Convenient

The Brackenridge House is a wonderful b&b located in the historical King William district. It reminds me of the uptown area of New Orleans. There are several very good restaurants in the area. Ask the hosts for advice on where to eat. They definately did not steer us wrong. The inn is about a fifteen minute walk from the Riverwalk. It is a very nice house with five rooms. We had the Bridal Suite and it was very comfortable. It is a really pretty room with a basically private deck. Bennie and Sue were two of the most helpful and accomodating hosts ever. They are born b&b owners. The food is also wonderful. We would definately stay there again!

The Perfect Meeting Place

Our trip to San Antonio for my husband's birthday surprise was enhanced by our stay at the Brackenridge House. Besides us, there were three other couples in the group--we stayed in The Carriage House (aka The Barn--perfect for a gathering place), Charlie's Room,
Benet's Room and Monica's Suite. All of our accommodations were extremely comfortable, CLEAN (even for the most finicky of us), and the location was THE BEST--walking distance to the River Walk, close proximity to some of San Antonio's best restaurants, and in a beautiful location in the King William's District.

Benny and Sue couldn't have been more helpful and gracious as the B&B owners. They somehow manage to have exactly the right formula for helpfulness without being intrusive. We really enjoyed both of them--you will, too.

I would definitely stay there again, will recommend it to any of my friends who will be in the area, and whether you're looking to accommodate a crowd as we did, or looking for a romantic getaway, this is the place to stay in San Antonio!

It doesn't get better than this.

by TripAdvisor Member pboudreaux

There's so many great reasons to stay at the Brackenridge House that I'm not sure where to begin. The location is perfect, the house is beautiful, the breakfasts are incredible, but the best part is the gracious hospitality of the innkeepers, Sue and Bennie. Somehow they seem to figure out what you're looking to do in San Antonio, then they give terrific advice and tips. All the personal touches in the house add to the down home feeling at Brackenridge House. The Main Event, the breakfasts, are quite grand. It is a dining event not to be missed! Coming together at the table for breakfast with other guests, and our hosts, for unbelieveably delicious food and warm conversation was the highlight of our stay. We are already looking forward to a return stay.

A great stay

by TripAdvisor Member TexasRottie

My 20 year old daughter and I have just returned from a wonderful stay in San Antonio at the Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast. I can't say too much about this place. It was a wonderful treat for us. This is our first experience staying in a Bed & Breakfast and will not be our last. The owners, Bennie and Sue are wonderful hosts. They made us feel very welcome from our arrival to they time we left. Always taking time to answer questions and give directions to the areas we planned to visit. I knew nothing about getting around this large city, and with Bennie's help we were able to get around like we knew what we were doing. The rooms are so much nicer than staying in a bland hotel room. The room was decorated with antiques, and I don't mean old junk, it was very nice. In our rooms they provided so many complimentary items, I won't go into it all. It was very nice that they thought of their guests’ needs, even before you knew you forgot that something. After a long day out and about, it was so relaxing to slip into the Jacuzzi, which they kept very nice, clean and warm. Currently they are putting in a heated pool with Jacuzzi. I plan to return in the future to stay here again! I wouldn't stay any where else in San Antonio now that I know about Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast. Once you stay there you will know what I mean. Thank you Sue for the fantastic breakfast experiences! The whole experience was more than I expected.

More of the gardens at the AlamoMore of the gardens at the Alamo

In the car with Lucas and GrandmaIn the car with Lucas and Grandma