Clarion Collection O'Brien Historic Hotel

116 Navarro Street, San Antonio, Texas, 78205, United States

O'Brien Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Ascend Collection

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• cheapest hotels and best services

We arrived that city about 4 pm and hire a texi at texi stand and directly went to our reserved hotels, which called Clarion Coll Obrien Hist Htl Hotel. We describe that hotels because it was a great hotels and have produce sensational service at cheapest prices, staff and whole service are so great. the O’Brien historic boutique river walk hotel is first class property that is strategically located only 8 miles south of the san Antonio international airport. it offers quiet luxurious accommodations within comfortable surroundings. the hotel is brand new with state of the art amenities. all guests receive continental breakfast, newspapers and a turn down service. as a guest here, you will only be one block away from the world famous river walk offering the convenience without the noise and traffic of Downtown. It was a cheap hotel in San Antonio.he Hotel Is A Significant Landmark Consisting Of 39 Tastefully Appointed Guest Rooms And Is Only 5 Blocks From The Alamo And 2 Blocks From The Convention Center. This Property Is Only 1 Block From La Villita And Features Amenities Such As Turn Down Service, Bathrobes, Cd Players, Bottled Water, Usa Today Delivered Monday Friday , Continental Breakfast And Complimentary High Speed Internet Access In All Rooms. A Cordial And Attentive Staff Is Available To Assist You With Any Needs That You Might Have. O'brien Historic Boutique Riverwalk Hotel Is Only Minutes To Fine Dining On The River, Shopping And Entertainment Venues.

More about Clarion Collection O'Brien Historic Hotel

Nice Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member toddswife

Just returned from a one night stay at the O'Brien Historic Hotel. Here is a rundown of my opinions and observations.

Service: Perfect. Desk attendant had our keys ready the minute we walked in and instantly provided us with information on the hotel, location of area attractions and even asked if he could make a dinner reservation for us.

Room: Very nice. We had room 210 with a king sized bed and a balcony shared by all rooms on our side of the floor. The bed was made with 9 pillows on it and was very comfortable. The room was small but just fine for the two of us decorated with understated furniture that was not gaudy.

Bathroom: Small. It had one sink and a claw foot bathtub that seemed to be too big as the wall had to be cut into a bit for it to fit. Not a problem though. We did enjoy the mineral bath (bubble bath) and all the amenities of the bathroom including a makeup mirror and hair dryer. There is also a full sized mirror just outside of the bathroom.

Location: Even on a cold January weekend we found the location to be great for traveling by foot to the Riverwalk, La Villita and The Alamo. In fact La Villita was right across the parking lot from our balcony.

Parking: Easy. Just across the street from the hotel is a lot labeled for guests and they charge about 10 dollars a night which is less than any of the hotels I checked into that are on the Riverwalk -- and the car is easily accessible from the hotels main entrance.

Extra features: Very nice. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate (from a machine) 24 hours free in the lobby. We took advantage of this feature every time we left the hotel and it kept us warm on the short walk to the river. Free bottled water in the room was good for a morning after visiting Pat O'Brien's. Turn down service was excellent for getting you in the mood for bedtime after a long day of walking around. We had chocolates on our pillow, the robe was placed on the bed folded, classical music was playing from the clock radio, and our ice bucket was full. Breakfast was a short trip down the elevator and featured texas shaped waffles, yogurt, assorted pastries, juice, toast and fruit. They have trays to load up and take back to your room as there is no seating in the lobby. Appeared as though everyone just came down in their PJ's to collect food quickly and get back to the room.

The reason I am not rating this hotel excellent is because of 2 MINOR things: 1. It took us about 5 minutes to get our balcony door open every time we wanted to go out because the lock would get stuck.
2. The bathroom was so small when you pushed the door in it would hit the toilet and stop opening.

I have been called a "hotel snob" by my family because no matter what the occassion, I will only stay at hotels that are clean, nicely appointed and that make me feel safe. The O'Brien met all of my expectations and then some. We had a relaxing stay at an interesting and comfortable hotel that does not have the "chain atmosphere and unoriginal style" of many of it's competitors. We will definitely be back but next time we will try the jacuzzi room...

Quaint & quiet

by TripAdvisor Member HappyIsland

This little historic hotel is near the River Walk and Alamo without being in the midst of the hustle and bustle. An easy walk past the Mexican Embassy to the downtown attractions made it very nice for us. The staff were remarkably friendly, and the room had touches that one often only finds in bed and breakfast establishments. The complimentary breakfast of yogurts, cereals, breads and a Texas-shaped waffle make were nice, as well as the 24/7 coffee machine. The only down side to the food service was no place to eat and insufficient numbers of trays to carry food to one's room. Otherwise, it was a very relaxing, quiet, pleasant hotel that we would recommend to friends.

Quaint and Comfortable- V. Good Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member jogijogi99

Stay Feb 26th- March 4, 2005

Quaint little hotel, very close to the river walk and away (yet close to) from much of the hustle bustle. The staff was remarkably friendly, the kind of service you would expect at much costlier hotels or bed and breakfasts. Clean, safe and well-priced. Breakfast was good, space is a premium at this hotel, and trays to carry food upstairs to the room were few but you could bring your room tray down as well. Breakfast was quite wholesome + 24 hours coffee, tea and cocoa. There is a turn down service available (couple of chocolates on the pillow as well), which was very helpful and good after a long day at the meeting. Complemetary robe, another good feature. The rooms have CD players so bring your favorite CD. Broadband internet. Did not pack my cable, staff offered it to me for usage by themselves. Exercise equipment is basic, hotel does not have a swimming pool, but the quality of service, the environment, price and the easy accesibility to attractions make it a very nice place to be in. 5 stars.

Loved the O'Brien

My wife and I Stayed at the O'brien Hotel for our 7th anniversary this past week and I must say I was very impressed. We decided on the O'Brien based on other reviews and the great location. Everything was perfect ....The room, the staff, and what really impressed me was on the second day we were there we came back to our room to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers from the Hotel wishing us a happy anniversary..Nice touch...There coffee machine was incredible, It would make all kinds of specialty coffee's to order anytime you wanted. We are definitely going back and I would highly recommend this Hotel.....

Loved out stay!

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in late January, 2005. It was a business trip for him and I tagged along. His business associate and his wife were there also. We were both on the second floor, in the back, with a balcony that ran the length of the hotel. We all loved the hotel, with its European style. In the morning we would go downstairs to take advantage of the wonderful free coffee machine, and I must confess many times during the rest of the day.
The continental breakfast was great, including making your own waffle.
The location was excellent, the staff was very accomodating. I would not want to stay anywhere else next time we go San Antonio.
Yes the bathroom was small, but who spends much time there. The decor of the room was lovely and the housekeeping in both rooms was exceptional. The weather was great when we were there so my friend and I spent lots of time sitting on the balcony enjoying the sun while the guys were working. After dinner we all sat on the balcony enjoying the sight and sounds of San Antonio at night. The hotel is a gem.

Great location

My husband and I stayed at the hotel March 18-21, 2005 and loved the location. The hotel was clean and tastefully decorated. We had a thrid floor balcony room, so brought our breakfast up to our room to eat out on the balcony each morning.

We were a bit disappointed that we didn't get the use of robes (as advertised), even after inquiring a second time at the desk. Apparently, they don't have enough for all the rooms. However, when we mentioned our disappointment again at checkout, the clerk gave us a $10 credit for each day. More robes are on order.

When checking in, the clerk was very quick to accommodate our request to have a room near the friends were were meeting.

Regarding parking, the hotel has parking at $10 per day. It is very convenient, and includes in and out privileges. A nearby pay lot is cheaper, but doesn't have in and out privileges and you must find the attendant each morning to pay in advance for the day.

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member triptaker64

We stayed at this hotel during spring break. Even though it is not directly on the riverwalk, it is only about 1/2 a block away. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. Although not large, they were very comfy. The coffee machine in the lobby is great and the staff were very friendly & helpful. The only complaint I would have is that the bathrooms are small. The door does hit the toilet when you open it. I would definitely stay here again, though. It just had a cozy atmosphere about it.

Charming Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member wildonva

We booked at the O'Brien on the basis of the TripAdvisor reviews and we were thoroughly charmed and pleased. The hotel has a great location - right across the street (and a parking lot) from La Villeta and an easy 2-minute walk to the Riverwalk. It was quiet, clean, and the breakfast was excellent for a complimentary spread. We especially enjoyed the friendly staff, who gave us lots of excellent recommendations for restaurants and nightlife. The only downside is that taxis seem to have a hard time finding this hotel - we gave up one night and saw another couple who had waited 45 minutes! But since you can walk anywhere, this was not a problem for us. Highly recommended.

A Gem

by TripAdvisor Member lolackey

We stayed at the O'Brien for four nights during spring break and loved the accomodations. The rooms may be a bit small but the other features made up for it. My husband and I brought two teenagers and a 10 year old and had two rooms side by side with connected balconies to sit out and enjoy the sights. The staff was wonderful!!! We didn't think to bring a cable for our computer and they provided one so that we could use the internet in our room. We felt safe letting the teenagers come and go from the Riverwalk on thier own. Public transportation is handy to everywhere we wanted to go - including the Zoo and Witte Museum. Breakfasts were great and turn-down service an added touch of class. We would return with pleasure.

Comments