Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center

4038 I-10 East, (Near the AT&T Center), San Antonio, Texas, 78219, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about San Antonio

The Riverwalk, San Antonio, w/ carolers on a boatThe Riverwalk, San Antonio, w/ carolers on a boat

Fort Sam Houston MuseumFort Sam Houston Museum

Along the River WalkAlong the River Walk

Michelino'sMichelino's

Where to move - San Antonio or Austin?

by mmm_rave

Hi, I'm female in her mid30s. I'm in the process of starting a new life from a hectic and stressful lifestyle. I'm choosing between moving to San Antonio or Austin because I'm used to hot weather and I heard such geat things on those places. I don't have a car and I don't have a job offer yet. For the past 8 years I worked in the financial and operations departments for the organizations that I used to work for.

Can someone please give me suggestions on which area is better in terms of
a) affordable yet decent room rentals
b) job opportunities
c) easy access to public transportation to get to work

I don't know anybody in either city. I just want to have some idea on where and how to start my new life when I fly in.

RE: Where to move - San Antonio or Austin?

by sonnibeach

Hi,
I'm researching a relocation to San Antonio, myself, and like the idea of lower cost of housing. Florida has increased in some areas 100% in property value. Just wanted to mention that San Antonio has a huge financial services company, USAA, which I'm sure is the largest company in the city. San Antonio is the headquarters for the company and USAA employs over 10,000 people in SA. Most of the positions are Insurance related, but they have their Federal Savings Bank there as well. I understand they pay well also. Their jobs are listed on USAA.com. Not sure if that's a factor, but in case, thought it would be useful info.

by mmm_rave

Sonnibeach, thank you so much for that information. I will surely look into that.

RE: Where to move - San Antonio or Austin?

by missbritt

your probably going to want to go for austin. if you dont have a car, thats no problem in austin. here in san antonio, its a little bit harder to get around depending on where you live. so keep that in mind, if you have a vague idea where you want to move in san antonio, then check out the public transportation and see if it suites you well enough. when it comes to A. and B. san antonio and austin both have enough to offer. id suggest looking in classifieds for jobs or creating a profile online at monster.com or one of those type of sites and see if you can get a hit in either city first.

by HisGirl

I am surely being partial....but I will recommend San Antonio.
SA is such a great city...with a booming economy and a great sense of community !
We are loaded with great Bible based churches....that would love to help you get adjusted into your new life.

The VIA bus system is gradually expanding itself.... and in no time you will be able to afford a vehicle of your own !

by 210

San Antonio is a great city.

It'ss been growing by leaps and bounds the past 3 threes yet still has the cheapest housing costs of all large metro areas in the country.

Light rail is in the plans as well.

Travel Tips for San Antonio

San Antonio Information Ambassadors

by ATXtraveler

San Antonio has done a wonderful job in making this town a friendly location for tourists. In particular, you will notice that there are several people dressed in light blue or purple outfits, wearing a sun hat that reads “information”. They will also be wearing a belt full of goodies that will help you including maps, a bottle of water, and a cell phone in case you are lost or need to know where the best restaurant to eat at is. These gentlemen and ladies are here to help, so make sure you utilize this great resource. They are normally wandering all around the Riverwalk area, but you are surely going to run into one or more near the Alamo where the San Antonio Visitor’s Center is located. All of their information is provided free of charge!

Good Luck Heads

by Yaqui

These are some of the adornment on the Tower Life Building. These were something that the Riverboat tour guide pointed out, that these particular adornments were suppose to be Good Luck, but sadly I don’t think it was a good as it should since this building experience the crash of the market in 1929.

LOVE it!!!

by chickiej about Chacho's

I think this is the most authentic mexican food i've ever had this side of the border. And I LOVE it!
It's the first place I hit when I get into town and the last place before I leave. It's just good enough to start a tradition. :D The taco nortenos. I always get two or three...they're filling. But I have to have them.

How to improve your taco.

by raevnzno about Henry's Puffy Tacos

This is most certainly a locals restaurant. They specialize in simple tex-mex style cusine. The decor has plenty of Latino celebrity memoribilia. Check out the display cases for your favorite Conjunto band, or even some well known boxers.
The food is delicious and hot, and if you leave hungry it's your own fault. They specialize in puffy tacos. Take your usual taco but fry the corn tortilla a little, till it puffs!, before you put the fillings in. Muy Deleciouso! The Lady's Special. included one cheese enchilada, one puffy taco, rice and beans. Just enough to fill you up.

Riverwalk - The pride of the City

by annk

The San Antonio River winds one level below the bustling city above. There are pedestrian walkways on each side of the river lined with shops & restaurants, flowering gardens, oaks, willows and cypress. It's a colorful & lively area with events being held year round. The Tex-Mex restaurants we tried were great! Guided boat tours and dinner cruises travel the 3 miles of river. Lodging is available right on Riverwalk. A great place to people-watch and enjoy a drink.

Comments