11605 State Highway 151, San Antonio, Texas, 78251, United States

The Buckhorn Saloon, San AntonioThe Buckhorn Saloon, San Antonio

Horse AgainHorse Again

THE LINE!THE LINE!

Guenther House parlorGuenther House parlor

travelling to san antonio in march

by californiablues

is there any night life or any member's planning at meeting. i will be on a business trip so days are occupied nights are free i will be there from the 15 to the19 of march.

Re: travelling to san antonio in march

by ATXtraveler

You can come to Saraheg77 and myself in Waskom, Tx for our wedding if you like ;)

If we were not busy with this, we would have helped plan a San Antonio meeting :)

Mark

Re: San Antonio in March -- me too.

by margs

I will be there about the same time. Do any San Antonio VT'ers want to make plans to meet or do the visitors have to plan this? Show us your Texas hospitality and plan a meet, please.

by californiablues

I will have too see i mostly free at nights i not familiar with texas so you might have to fill me in on the distance from where you are getting married and what day thanks.Darryl

by ATXtraveler

I was joking... Texas is a large place and it is 400 miles from San Antonio. Best of luck in San Antonio!!

Mark

by californiablues

yeah a little too far LOL.

RE: travelling to san antonio in march

by nippa

I've just returned from San Antonio. What a disappointment!
Outside the Alamo and Riverwalk areas the city is run down and menacing.
Be careful not to stray more than one block from the centre.

Travel Tips for San Antonio

Celebrating New Year at La Vallita

by VeronicaG

The restored village of La Vallita was filled with music! The Tejano performers, dancing in the square and a multitude of game booths kept us here for a good while. Festivities began at 6pm and continued after midnight.

The historic Fairmount Hotel (picture 2) was part of the scene--reminiscent of Mardi Gras, a number of costumed people tossed shiny bead necklaces to the crowd from its balcony.

After much coaxing from below, our three grandkids were fortunate to "snatch" some of the beads as they sailed through the air. They're proudly showing off their catch!

We discovered chicken fajitas and funnel cake at the food booths--an odd combination for a Tejano festival, but very tasty (picture 3)! After several hours at La Villita, we left for our hotel and prepared for the FIREWORKS!

Tubing down the Guadalupe...

by darthmilmo

Tubing down the Guadalupe River. Well, the flood on July 2002 devastated the area so tubing in the Guadalupe has been put on hold until 2003. Don't dispair, if you want to do some tubbing head to the Comal River near New Braunsville or the Frio River near Hondo.

Amazing food and wonderful service!

by chillicothe_guy about Texas Land and Cattle

During my week trip to San Antonio we made 2 stops and TXLC (Texas Land and Cattle). The food...What can I say about the food? It was amazing! The feel of the restaurant was relaxed, but not too relaxed. The staff was top notch and quick. This is a must stop in San Antonio...just a few miles from the airport. The price of the meal was very reasonable for the quality of food. The quail was delicious and the steak was the best I have ever had. It couldn't be beat!

Wow!

by Yaqui about BENIHANA

I was invited to eat with some classmates here and since it wasn't far from my hotel, I said why not. I was thoroughly impressed with the surroundings and service. The food was excellent and enjoyed the mini performance by the Chef. It is always a pleasure to be able to sit with strangers like they are not strangers. Everyone here was helpful and friendly. I recommend everyone try one out!

HOURS:
Fri 5:00-11:00
Sat 11:30AM-11:00PM
Sun 11:30AM-10:00PM
Lunch: Closed
Dinner: $14.95-$35.95 I had the typical rice, vegetable with chicken dinner, but they give you plenty to eat and it’s was all very delicious!

You Will Get Wet Somehow

by starrlot

I really enjoyed my visit to Sea World this time around with only one annoyance that disabled visitors will want to watch out for.

Once you enter the park, head over to guest services to get your pass for entry onto rides and shows as disabled so you do not have to wait long in lines, out in the sun and seating specific for wheelchairs. They do have wheelchairs and scooters that you can rent as well.

All rides have access seperate for disabled riders and the staff know exactly what to do and are very helpful and friendly. The only instance we ran into trouble being disabled was at the Shamu show, and it wasn't the staff that we had a problem with. Mothers who did not want to park their strollers outside of the arena instead parked them in the handicapped spaces that were clearly marked for handicapped only. There were several of us in wheelchairs, especially us since a mother and her daughter actually ran in front of us to get to the seats someone was holding for us and they knew it, lost at what to do, so we asked a hostess for assistance. She asked the mothers (maybe a dozen of them) to move their strollers back and sit on the row directly in front of the handicapped row. The ones that had to move for us did not appreciate being asked to move from an area they were not supposed to be in and decided to wait for us after the show to yell curse words and threats at our party. Another handicapped party had the ones moved for their seats wait for them and tell them that babies are more handicapped than people in wheelchairs. I do believe the ones who wasted a good show refusing to sit in the row one step down from us to harrass us were escorted out of the park, but Sea World staff needs to police the handicapped seating area a little bit better just to avoid situations like these because even if they are mothers with babies in their laps, does not mean that have any class or maturity.

Other than that, our visit was fun and exciting. Sea World is much better than Fiesta Texas for handicapped visitors, just be aware of lazy people who would rather put someone disabled out in the cold instead of walking down one step at the shows. Ask a host for assistance, and if you are concerned that the ones asked to move will be an issue, ask the host for even more assistance. They do not hesitate to ask someone to leave if they are being disruptive.

Comments