Drury Inn & Suites Near La Cantera

15806 IH-10 West, San Antonio, Texas, 78249, United States

Drury Inn & Suites Near La Cantera Parkway
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

• Worst Hotel

Stay away from this hotel near la cantera in northwest san antonio. They are thiefs.
    They dont care about the guests and their concerns. You stuff will be stolen from there.
    They cater to dead beats and drugies.
    Will not recomment this hotel.

Unique Quality: Disgusting.

More about San Antonio

The Spanish Governor's Palace, San AntonioThe Spanish Governor's Palace, San Antonio

Before the feeding...Before the feeding...

Lit up for ChristmasLit up for Christmas

San Antonio's City HallSan Antonio's City Hall

San Antonio or South Padre Isle

by Rooster_poot

Word of mouth makes me want to visit San Antonio this July. Looks like a cool place to visit / party around the River Walk area. I've read some good tips at VT, but I'm curious of your opinion of the area. Is it worth going for a day'er or should I think more South Padre Isle?

Thanks.

Terry

RE: San Antonio or South Padre Isle

by Rooster_poot

Sorry....a day'er....???? should say a four day trip.

Thanks

RE: San Antonio or South Padre Isle

by Honor24

Any time is a good time to visit San Antonio. San Antonio is a very nice city that offers allot of Tex-Mex culture. I would recommend you to come on April 17-20 for Oyster fest at the University of Saint Mary’s, lots of Bands and nice women. Also San Antonio has what they call Fiesta during the last two weekends of April. I personally would visit San Antonio; South Padre to me seems a little bit boring. Sure it has the beach but after that, there is not much to do (unless you want to hang in the beach).

RE: RE: San Antonio or South Padre Isle

by skunker

The people who to go SPI go for the beach, nothing else. There are also waterparks, fishing guides, dolphin tours, scuba diving, historical tours, tons of seafood restaurants, an excellent museum, etc. I think the problem lies in the shopping opportunities....there are not many things other than T-shirt shops.

Check out my www.spireviews.com for more info. San Antonio is good, but you know what, other than the riverwalk, you can do everything else in any other city. Why not try SPI?

Travel Tips for San Antonio

Mexican art

by arteimagen

Toward west from downtown, you can find an entire neighborhood in wich people, most mexican of course had painted these mural art in their homes. This represent the 201 air mexican troop, the only one that took part in WWII.

The Clifford Building

by Yaqui

Robert H. H. Hugman was considered the father of the Riverwalk. It was his vision and genius that came up with the design that transformed the riverwalk what it is today at the tender age of 27 in 1929. Much of his engineering knowledge came into play to the construct ion of floodgates that could regulate the water level. It was also his vision to model the Riverwalk like many of the old cities of Spain to contain some of nicest shops, restaurants and family entertainment. Unfortunately, he was fired due to some differences before the project could be completed.

The Clifford building was built in 1893 and was his former riverside office and you can still see Hugman's name inscribed along the balcony of the turreted building on W. Commerce at the bridge.

The Republic of Texas Restaurant & Nightclub is established in this building that caters to Tex-Mex-Southern food. 526 River Walk San Antonio, Texas 78205

Great Festive Atmosphere in a 24 hour restaurant

by atufft about MiTerra

This commercial establishment in the Mercado of San Antonio is a very lively place. Mariachi musicians serinade tables, birthday songs and cakes, bright colors, bright lights, and quick service in a jammed packed place. It's a large 24 hour restaurant that serves a wide variety of Mexican food spice toward the moderate American palate. The price was right too. Great place to take a family. I had a mole enchilada which was quite good, although I've certainly had better elsewhere. My wife settled for a caldo mercado, a tortilla soup essentially. The bar served me a Negra Modelo, and my wife sipped a fountain coke. If one doesn't want to pay the trendy prices along the riverwalk, this would be a good place to go that has great atmosphere. Lots of kitch souvenirs of the restaurant are also sold.

Not So Famous BBQ

by msbrandysue about Bill Miller Bar-B-Q

While travelling around San Antonio I was using an Eyewitness travel book called Top 10 San Antonio and Austin. In it there was mention of this bbq place, Bill Miller's. Because it's a BBQ place I was quite thrown off when I came in and there were lots of fried chicken. Fried chicken isn't really bbq where I come from, and not in many of my favorite restaurants. In fact, it was hard for me to find brisket on the menu. Plus, there were lots of signs showing how popular their chicken was... I didn't know what to order! So, a bit different for choices, which is not always a bad thing, just a surprise.

When you walk into the restaurant you go into a line where you choose your desires. There are meats and sides. I couldn't find any option for baked potatoes though, which are my favorite. After getting your tray and loading it with the sides and ordering you pay your money. Then you are free to choose wherever you would like in the restaurant. The chairs and stools are quite basic, and nothing fancy. Just a casual place to grab a bite.

*Some of the locations provide a breakfast menu. Others have a drive-thru option. I had a chopped beef sandwich (brisket) and it was fine. I can understand why men buy a few at a time since it is smaller than some other places I've been to. It was enough for a fine lunch for me, though, since I was planning on having a big dinner on the River Walk later that night.

Lots of people were getting fried chicken though, but I can't vouche for the quality :)

Remember the Alamo

by Dabs

I must confess that I really had no idea of the history behind the Alamo and though I had planned on reading up on it before I went to Texas I never got around to it. So I was glad that we ran across a park ranger giving a talk about what had actually happened leading up to, during and after March 6, 1836 when the Alamo fell to the Mexican troops led by Santa Ana.

More to come