Drury Inn and Suites Riverwalk

Booking.com Orbitz.com DruryHotels.com

More about Drury Inn and Suites Riverwalk

Riverwalk

by Jannacle

I have mentioned that I am a fan of the Riverwalk. What I enjoy so much about it is the atmosphere. It is very casual and the foliage is always so beautiful. There is just something about eating dinner on a rock path next to a winding river with a band playing and couples walking by holding hands. There are often boat parades and different fesitivals to enjoy. Most oft he hotel on the riverwalk are nice and some are historical. I recommend any of the marriotts on the riverwalk (We always stay in a Marriott) and also The Hilton Palacio Del Rio, The Watermark Hotel and Spa ($$), The Drury Inn Suite Hotel, and The Hawthorne Suites Riverwalk. The restaruants are usually all very good but I suggest trying something some Tex-Mex or some Texas Bar B-Q while your in San Antonio, I recommend EZ's Brick Oven and Grill for Mesquite Bar B-Q and Casa Rio for real Mexican food ( the oldest restaurant on the Riverwalk.) Go to Bayous River side if you like Cajun food! You can often find craftmakers on the walk and my Mother-In-Law found the cutest souvenir. A hispanic man hand carved a tiny alligator for her husband (He's Cajun.) out of stone as she watched. It was very well done and was able to carve almost anything requested. Definately take a boat ride. The price is resonable and it's a must in my book. It's especially romantic in the evening. I know I've crammed a lot in but San Antonio is an original spot and the Riverwalk is one of the things that makes it special so take the time to stop by and see it if you can.

Loved It!

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to San Antonio for a short get away. We stayed at the Drury Inn Riverwalk and absolutely loved it. The location is excellent. We had a riverview room that was perfect and the high speed internet in the room was a plus. The room size was adequate and overall was neat and in excellent condition. Maid service was excellent. The rooms also came with daily complem. sodas and popcorn in the room.

The hotel staff was very helpful and pleasant.The lobby was always clean with a home like feel. The daily breakfast was just enough to get your day started. It was hot and fresh. During the week between 5:30-7:00PM 3 cocktails,unlimited soft drinks and snacks were provided in the lobby.

San Antonio was warm, romantic, and full of things to do. We greatly enjoyed the city and riverwalk area and can't wait to return. When we do we will be staying at the Drury Inn-Riverwalk.

Great Location and Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Yorkshireman25

We stayed at the Drury Riverwalk in September 2004 and thought it was great. It had an excellent location right on the riverwalk, the room was compact but nice. The price was excellent value compared to most of the other riverwalk hotels and it included a good hot breakfast and snacks and drinks in the evening. If I went back to San Antonio I would definitely stay there again.

Nice Hotel

We stayed at the Drury Riverwalk in early December 2004. When reserving the room over the phone, we were quoted a price of $140 per night. I asked "is there anything cheaper", and we eventually got the room for $99 a night. (Plus about $8 a day for the covered parking garage.) Good deal! The room was nice and very clean with a king size bed. The room came with 2 free soft drinks and free popcorn. The complimentary breakfast included sausage, buscuits, pastries, waffles, fruit, etc. In the evenings, they have free alcoholic (or regular) beverages (3 for each person) and light snacks such as peanuts, chips, popcorn, etc. The hotel is located right on the most active stretch of the Riverwalk. There is a card-protected door that leads right down to the river from the hotel. Also, the hotel is far enough from the noise of the Riverwalk so that you do not hear loud noise while trying to sleep at night. It is just a short walk to all the major attractions of downtown San Antonio including the Alamo, the Rivercenter Mall, and La Villita. This is the 2nd time I have stayed here in 2 years time, and it is still a good hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a good deal on a very nice hotel.

Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member 02Jeter

Stayed here in January 2004 for my nephew's wedding. Large, well-kept rooms; nice balcony overlooking the Riverwalk; courteous staff - very kind when we arrived very, very late due to a flight delay. Don't bother to rent a car - easy access to everything!

First time at Drury and San Antonio...Loved it!

My wife, 9 month old and I just got back after staying at the Drury for the past 3 days. I am obliged to give an opinion since I checked this site before booking our stay. We had a very pleasant stay. Elevator to the river walk level with a stroller is big plus (believe it). We had booked over the phone and got in a standard room with a balcony. Realized it was my mistake (mine) and no problem to switch us to a 2 room sweet the next night (no extra charge was a big surprise!). Needed it for bottles, and quiet time while the baby slept after 7:30 and we were stuck in the room.

We did the Alamo and the zoo and really enjoyed it but the big plus was the room and the hotel ataff and service. When traveling with a 9 month old, you really are stuck in the room in the evening and it was enjoyable with the extra room.

We enjoyed the drinks and piano in the early evening before her bed time. The breakfast was good and pleantiful. Overall, it was a very good trip that was made better by the hotel. Believe it!

Great Location, Nice Clean Rooms and the Popcorn is not bad either

If you want location and a nice hotel on the Riverwalk at a reasonable price, the Drury is for you. The thing that impressed me the most about this hotel, they don't get you for the extras that the big chains do. I have done alot of traveling for business and pleasure, and this was such a pleasant surprise. The popcorn, drinks, breakfast, and long distance calls are all included.

Not Worth the Price

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend and although the price ($154/nt) is reasonable for Riverwalk hotels, this one was definitely not worth the price. The room was very small, and definitely no frills. I was at least expecting a small bottle of shampoo and conditioner; I got one bottle of "conditioning" shampoo and nothing else but a bar of soap. They do offer complimentary popcorn and 2 sodas in your fridge, so that's a plus. Overall, this is not a bad place to stay, but just don't expect too much if you do decide to stay here. For my money, the next time I visit San Antonio, I'm going to spend a little more and stay at the Marriott Riverwalk or the Hilton Paseo del Rio.

Pretty nice, but not for the price...

The room was clean and nicely decorated, but the windows were long and narrow. We had a river side view and it was difficult to see outside. Not a very good view for $20. more per night.

It was close enough to the action area on the riverwalk, but far from all the noise. Good location. The parking area was not crowded, but is very small. Good thing for us there were not many vehicles there during the week we went.

The service was ok. The people at the front desk didn't seem to know a lot about "information" regarding attractions, transportation, etc... They do have a computerized terminal that allows you to click on it for information, but I wanted to know certain information that the terminal didn't have and they couldn't answer our questions.

The food was ok, but they served the same things everyday. Would've been nice for a little more variety.

Overall, our stay was fine, but I would most likely try another hotel that had better view of the river, more of a selection for food, and more informative desk clerks for the same price. Holiday Inn next door looked pretty good.

Very Enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member markpokor

Stayed with my family during the first week of March. Compared to the prices at the other hotels, I was very pleased with the hotel. Rooms were good size, free drinks at happy hour, and nice hot breakfast. Plus it was right on the Riverwalk, a short distance from everything. We enjoyed our stay here very much!!

Drury Inn Hotel Riverwalk

by GUYON

I foresee to stay in this hotel in March 2005.
I am interesting in any personal experience of this accomodation, especially if you had a car to park.
What are the restaurants nearby ?

Re: Drury Inn Hotel Riverwalk

by Keyser

Can't help with personal experiences.

There are many restaurants nearby - the riverwalk has restaurants all over the place, and there are several different types. I believe there is a Texas Land & Cattle Company restaurant right there in the Drury Inn. This is a chain of Texas-style steak houses. Several of the restaurants on the riverwalk have Mexican (Tex-Mex) food. If you want even better Mexican food, though, I believe the restaurants near the Mercado (a short bus ride away) are better than those right along the riverwalk.

Rates

by aquintanilla

i want to rent 2 rooms at the Drury Inn located at 95 northeast loop 410 and jones maltsberger rd. my question is can i have a state rate discount on 2 rooms?? i work with Texas Health and Human Services in Laredo and plan to go to San Antonio this weekend.

ana quintanilla

by YVRDave

Can I say it? Please PLEASE

by goodfish

The best way to obtain an answer your question is to call the hotel. Virtual Tourist isn't a booking site.

by mccalpin

I am sure that what Griff was trying to say was "VT is a networking website whose members come together voluntarily to ask and answer questions about travel and tourism. Specific questions about accommodations should be directed to the institution involved." In this case, I am sure that if you call the Drury Inn on 95 NE Loop 410 at 210-308-8100, that they will be able to give you an accurate and up-to-date answer.

If, on the other hand, you want to ask about things to see and do, and have questions about your plans, please come back and ask us!

Bill

by YVRDave

Nah, I was going to comment on the Texas Health and Human Services HR department

River Walk Hotel or Sea World area

by Rooster_poot

My friends from Monterrey, Mexico will visit at the end of this month and I'm searching for reasonable hotels either at the River Walk or Sea World areas. Indoor pool would be a good ammenity too.

Thanks in advance VT'ers.

by RickinDutch

I'm not familiar with the Sea World area, but spent 4 days on the Riverwalk and really enjoyed it. Especially the nightlife.

by Rooster_poot

Yep. I've heard nothing but good stuff about River Walk.

by DaveandJenny

We visited San Antonio for a week in January and stayed at the Drury Inn on St. Marys located right on the river walk. We found we could take a bus from the airport directly to the hotel for $1.00. It stopped directly in front of the hotel. We chose this option more for the opportunity to see a few neighborhoods than to save the cab fare. As for the reasonable part of your question - the Drury cost us about $200.00 per night and we thought it a bargain for the quality of the hotel and the location. They have a small rooftop pool an exercise room and a small laundramat in the hotel. We loved San Antonio and met many wonderful people there. We were able to economize a little by avoiding some of the more expensive bars and patronizing places where the hotel staffs went after work. The Gulch was our favorite watering hole as it is a few doors down from a USO and we were able to buy a few drinks for some military guys. At the time we were there the Gulch was not the place to be after 8 or 9 in the evening unless you were much younger than us.

Comments