Hampton Inn San Antonio Northwoods

Hampton Inn San Antonio - Northwoods
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about San Antonio

RiverwalkRiverwalk

Massive stone walls encircle the QuadMassive stone walls encircle the Quad

InspectorsInspectors

The Restful Courtyard...The Restful Courtyard...

THE LUNA HIDDEN JAZZ CLUB

by leroy.grove

HOW IS THE CROWD,WHAT ARE THE PEOPLE LIKE & THE AGE,GROUP.
I AM IN MY EARLY 40 LOOKING FOR THE OLDER CROWD.
IS THIS PLACE.I LOVE JAZZ.

RE: THE LUNA HIDDEN JAZZ CLUB

by Beegowl

It's too bad you haven't received a reply. This place is a great music venue and it's called Luna. Located south of Loop 410 at 6740 San Pedro in an aging strip center, it's unlikely location should not deter music lovers. It is a music club for listeners. I've seen a full spectrum of age represented there. The acts are mostly jazz, but r&b, latin, and blues are also offered. The atmosphere is respectful to musicians, the music is center stage and not designed to be background to drunken conversation, the place is clean and well appointed, a no smoking policy means that everyone enjoys the place (smokers can go out to the front sidewalk safely and indulge their addiction), a full bar, and friendly wait persons complete the experience. Promos for the place say it is designed after a New York jazz club. Not having had the opportunity to attend a jazz club in New York, I can't tell you if it approaches that goal, but it's a cool place to listen to music, the cover is cheap (usually $5), and I recommend it highly.

Travel Tips for San Antonio

The Alamo: Mision San Antonio...

by rhiannon1968

The Alamo: Mision San Antonio de Valero - the place every kid has heard about. Originally it was built to be a mission (a church to convert the natives) but it then became a military fort during the struggle for Texas Revolution.

That she changed something in your life

by Maria250

"Do you have the feeling that she changed something in your life or had an influence on the way you grew up and on what made you who you are now?

Although the combo may seem odd in retrospect, growing up and then in my teen years, I had two heroes, two people that I consciously or unconsciously patterned as role models: Marilyn Monroe and Robert Kennedy. And in a sense they both were role models for me. The things they taught: be kind to those who don't have it as good as you do; don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something, if you work hard at it, you can accomplish whatever you set out to do; be kind to children and listen to them, don't just blow them off as inexperienced. I guess that's about it: Kindness and consideration for other people, for animals and for children.."

Very rude!!!

by texasladie49 about Dick's Last Resort

I recently visited DICK'S LAST RESORT on the Riverwalk this past weekend. They explained to us that they do things different there and that if we didn't like it that we could leave. That was funny. It was ok for a little while but this guy was taking it to the EXTREME so bad that we DID end up leaving the restaurant. I do have a sense of humor but we felt it was a little bit too extreme. Enough is enough. We felt that if we would have stayed that they were going to spit in our drinks or food and I have NEVER thought that about any restaurant before. I don't know if it was the waiter or what because the place was packed, but I saw no one being treated the way we were. I am a business owner and I treat my customers the way I would want to be treated. It was their loss though. There were 4 of us there and we were ready to drink some drinks and eat dinner which would have been close to $100.00 ticket, if not more.

Good Spot for a Casual Date

by lisa_lise about Champps

There are 2 Champps in San Antonio--a small dumpy one downtown on the Riverwalk that I don't recommend, and a large, nice one off 1-10, about 15 minutes from the airport. The one on I-10 is an upscale sports bar with vaulted ceilings and huge billboard-size TV screens. There's a good-sized bar and also a lot of tables. It's always packed with people and the noise-level is medium-to-high at most times. I've never met a guy that didn't love this place, and it's a good spot for a casual date because it's classy enough for a woman who's not really into sports. The food is pretty good, and it's a fun place. The gyros are good except when they're bad. The burgers are consistently good. ;>

Riverwalk or Bust!

by SuzA1A

The Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio is a MUST for a tourist! There are hundreds of shops and you can take a tour on the San Antonio River! There is also Riverfront mall, that was built along the Riverwalk. During Fiesta time, there are several celebrations downtown...and the Alamo is located near the Riverwalk.

Comments