Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel Spa

Satisfaction Average

More about Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel Spa

A San Antonio Hotel Surprise

by mboshart about Radisson San Antonio Airport Hotel

Wow - I was surprised... I just happened upon this hotel - it had just been converted from a Doubletree (dump) and is finishing a multi-million dollar renovation. Was a stones throw from the airport and only 15 minutes from downtown shopping and the riverwalk. The staff was really nice - the rooms were beautiful -- what a great surprise! (I got a deal on the room rate too... they gave me a coupon to book directly on their website for a great rate!) High Speed Wireless internet -- FREE! LOVE IT -- also had a free shuttle, free parking and a free microwave and refrigerator (though I did have to ask for it at the front desk)... they even had Nintendo in the room!

The Spa was perfect

by TripAdvisor Member trailrider717

My 70 year old mother and I stayed at the Radisson Hill Country during my son's graduation from Air Force basic training. The service was excellent, the food was wonderful. The best part of the stay was our massages at the spa. We both agreed they were the best massages we had ever had. The hot tub was out of order one day, but was fixed promptly the next day. We were originally put in a room overlooking the generator which was very noisy but we were moved the next day to a great room over the courtyard. The hotel had easy access to the Air Force base and shopping. It was a wonderful stay.

Almost Moved to Another Hotel

I was very disappointed with the Radisson Hill Country. One of the water guns in the kiddie pool was broken and laying beneath the water, which meant kids were tripping over it. The kiddie pool was very dirty the first couple of days that we were there. The Smore's were a great idea, but the pits were so crowded that kids were almost burning each other with their flaming marshmallows. We finally just gave up and ate them without the melted marshmallows. I could never get room service to answer the phone. I always had to contact the front desk and have them find someone to take an order, no matter what time of the day it was. On our floor, it wasn't unusual to see breakfast trays still on the floor late that evening. We also had problems when asking for additional pillows or additional glasses. It took 3 calls to get them to the correct room. One night, the electricity went off (no storms in sight), which killed the pay-for-view movies and the Nintendo games that had been started. Later that night, the fire alarm went off in my room. When I called the Front Desk, they said the maintenance man wouldn't be there until the next day, so I needed to just take the battery out. When that didn't work, I had to completely disconnect it from the wall. So much for safety. We started to move to another hotel, but just ended up cutting our vacation short. I probably won't ever stay at a Radisson again.

okay, with some good points

by TripAdvisor Member woodlandsmom

just returned from one night at the radisson. the room was adequate-an average hotel room, about like a holiday inn. the pools were also adequate-the baby splash pool was a nice addition. food was a little pricey, but fine, and the cookout and s'more roast were pleasant. The biggest surprise, which I hadn't seen mentioned elsewhere, was the kid's club. the hotel offers a nightly kid's activity room from 5:30-9:30, for ten dollars per child, which my children (ages 2 1/2 and 5 1/2) just loved. they did face painting, crafts, made bead necklaces, played games and watched a movie, and were very happy there. The radisson isn't a luxury resort, but it is an adequate hotel for a theme-park stay.

I agree - not a resort

We stayed about a year ago. It was OK, so we went back for the pool. This time, the pool was not clean, there were numberous bugs, leaves, and other debris. The bar was terrible. We payed $45 for nachos, a sandwich and two drinks. Nachos were chips with a little cheese and jalapenos on the side. Sandwich was supposed to be on ciabatta bread. It came out on a two-day old croissant. The bed was comfortable. However, a nice bed doesn't make a place a resort. Management has some mixed up priorities. This is the second Radisson I've stayed at in the last 30 days that has serious service issues. I was too scared to even try a massage.

No that bad at all!!

by TripAdvisor Member indallas1000

Spent the weekend here Oct. 1 - 4th on a Priceline bid of $62.00/night. After reading all the reviews I was a little skeptical but all of that worrying was for nothing. Check-in was fast and easy. Called earlier in the week to request 2 queen beds and a smoking room. Room was on the garden level facing the pool area, no smell of smoke or anything like that. Live band on Friday night that we could hear from our room. Didn't do the smores but there were people out there every night we were there. Pools were CLEAN, no problems there. Beds were very comfortable - loved the feather mattress and pillows. Called the front desk once for ashtrays - they were to us in less than 10 minutes. Maid service was good, no dishes in hallways all day. Didn't use the seaworld shuttle, drove our own car so we could leave and go back whenever we wanted to. (Seaworld does let you go in and out during the day for $7.00 parking).

The hotel is so close to Seaworld, one stop light and your there. Loved being able to go in and out during the day.

I would DEFINITELY want to stay here again.

I'm not coming back.

My stay consisted of 2 days for a business meeting in the area.
I’ve never rated a hotel as “terrible” before, but my stay was awful at this property.

Upon arriving, I found out that our bathtub had hair in it and our coffee maker had mold growing in it. I was given incorrect directions to restaurants by front desk staff.

The concierge NEVER picked up the phone when I tried to call from my room.

Food plates from room service were left in the halls the entire day. (It was around 8pm when I noticed that the plates from breakfast were picked up).

When I made my reservation I was promised high speed internet access - upon arriving I found out that this was only available to guests staying in suites.

They advertised automatic checkout on the t.v. – I tried it; and it didn’t work.

I would also make plans to eat OFF property, unless you want to pay about $13.00 for a chicken sandwhich.

Overall, I can’t see myself staying at this property EVER again. Considering the cost, things should have been better. I saw signs for a Hyatt being built next door – they are getting my business next time. I suggest that you stay someplace else.

Sad & Bad!!! Rooms & Restaurant - Four thumbs down!!!

Got a reduced internet rate for Raddison Resort Hotel, in the past had always got Hyatt Hill Country Resort and this Raddison Resort is a Sad Cry in comparison to the other Resorts such as Hyatt Hill Country Resort & Canterra Resort Hotel. The rooms are like a Days Inn no refrigs or robes or high speed internet in rooms and the restaurant is really terrible and only one resturant, all food comes from the one restaurant!!!Only after my complainst to manager I was upgraded free to a suite that compares to the other Resorts Hotels in that area, but had to express my disappointment!
The pools are not clean and they cater to the cheep low rent people with no class. If I want this environment I could go to a Days Inn or Motel 6. How can they measure themselves as a Resort Hotel??? Only one lousy restaurant, PLEASE BE AWARE!!! Demand a suite a no charge upgrade!!!
Or avoid this place unless you are desperate!!! Sorry Days Inn or Holiday Inn, but no offense when you pay what you get & expect, but Days Inn and Holiday Inn and Motel 6 are not rating as Resort Area Hotels & Resort Ammenties and that's okay, but don't trap your customers into what it is not!!!

Nice and Quiet

First off I had made the mistake of booking at the Saint Anthony down town SA. I thought it was a resort of some sort, not. Upon checking in we immediatley thumbed through the phone book for resorts. I found the Radisson, called and they had a room, with one bed. We decided that was ok, since the whole stay was just as much as one night --- near at the other hotel. I was a little sceptacle at first because I am not that familiar with SA and did not know it was that close to Sea World, I mean like 2 minutes away, perfect. When we checked in we had a room on the first floor, another kudo. After getting the luggage in the room we thumped through the Hotel directory, pool (kids), wife (spa), me just away from work. I enjoyed the pool and the little talent show they had for us while enjoying dinner. I also enjoyed the fact that it was quiet and folks were respectful of your privacy and minded there buisness. We came to relax not socialize and it felt like everyone else was doing the same. They have new features being added to the building but it was not a hindrance. I enjoyed, I mean we enjoyed our stay.

Had a great spring break here!

My 8 year old son and I stayed here during spring break and had a great time! I really don't think the negative reviewers on this site really did their homework regarding this hotel. This is not a 5 star hotel! However, it is nice, clean, affordable, and in a very convenient location for a visit to Seaworld. My son had an absolute blast in San Antonio even though the temperature was unseasonably cool during our stay. We thought the pools were relaxing, the S'more's were yummy, and Shamu was the best!

Comments