318 West Durango, San Antonio, Texas, 78204, United States

Costs 47% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown

Another attempt at remodeling

by TripAdvisor Member RedSpyder

An OK hotel. Another less than effectively remodelled Holiday Inn - stained carpets, fixtures that don't quite fit, and the-always-present noisy window air conditioner. As with all remodeled HI's there's only one outlet at the desk, half used by the lamp.

From Hotwire a Good Price at an OK Place

by TripAdvisor Member SeattleRedBear

For $50/night (from Hotwire) this was a great deal. I was in San Antonio attending a conference at the convention center and was concerned about being fairly far away from the riverwalk and downtown area. However, the visitor's shuttle made it very easy to get back and forth. The shuttles run frequently and are cheap. The location is good if you have a car as it is right off a freeway entrance and the hotel offers free parking (although the La Quinta two blocks away has a better location as it is directly across the street from the Mercado). Other than the hotel restaurant, there are no restaurants directly adjacent to the hotel.

Because I was on the first floor about halfway down the hallway off the lobby, I only saw the lobby (with free Internet workstation), the small fitness center and my room. Staff were very friendly. The room was quite spacious and appeared to have been refurbished recently as all the furniture, etc. were in good condition. There were a few little oddities that made it less than ideal (no tea offered with the coffee, electrical outlet nowhere near bed so alarm clock barely sat on nightstand and couldn't be seen from the bed). I agree with another reviewer that the HVAC was quite loud (even at low speed) but luckily I was there at a temperate time of year so didn't need it.

In getting ready to check out, I had torn my bed apart looking for something I thought I'd lost and turns out there were a good dozen teeny, tiny ants in the sheets at the foot of the bed. Informed desk staff on checkout and they were appreciative (from their reaction, I'm guessing this is not an unusual occurence).

Old, run-down....

by TripAdvisor Member TxCarrie

Holiday Inn on Durango Street was mediocre... It was not remodeled or updated in ANY way....It was at least convienent to the trolley to the Riverwalk...However it is a few miles from the Riverwalk...
At night they block off entrances to parking lot..
They have one computer in the lobby...NO business center....Room service closes at 11:00 p.m. Pets are welcome,but for the price..I would pass..

Nice Stay - Would Definately Stay Here Again

by TripAdvisor Member Scouse-Express

Being A Tour/Travel Professional, I stay in about 200 Hotels, per year.

This is a good one!

It is approximately 1 mile into the Riverwalk area, although I would think twice about walking it at night.

Food was excellent, although the Bar Service was not quite what I expected.

Rooms were nice, no complaints from any of my Group, and very accesible from I-35. 30 minute drive from Fiesta Texas.

Nice for price

by TripAdvisor Member 19243

This was a nice hotel. Nothing special - just nice. The hotel was convenient to the interstate, clean & had free parking. The trolly is right outside. On the downside, the halls smell musty, the walls are paper thin, & you have to take the trolly or drive to go anywhere. We stayed in a room with a city view. The area birds liked the hoilday Inn's landscaping & serenaded us all night long. One morning, I was up early & went outside. It was like I was in an aviary. Considering the price, $80 on Hotwire, I would stay here again. If I were to have to pay anymore, I would stay on the Riverwalk.

Booked last room

Our stay was super even with the 25,000 Lutheran youngsters at a convention. Our driver Ralph, should get a raise as he made our vacation for us. Everyone was very friendly. My wife is undergoing treatment for cancer at MDAnderson in Houston. Thanks again Ralph and hope Buckeyes win. Your friend, John Mc Daniel

mediocre

by TripAdvisor Member egatrop

Typical Holiday Inn with a few years behind it. Nothing broken. Reasonably clean. But worn. For example- outlets would not hold a plug, shower stalls showed signes of being cracked but repaired.

The downtown trolley stop is right accross the street. Very handy.
About a 15 minute walk to about the middle of the River Walk.

Very easy Interstate access.

Good deal

by TripAdvisor Member DSXM

We booked this hotel to visit the Alamo City for a few days. After the $24 taxi ride from the airport, the front desk was efficient and friendly. Our room was clean, prepared, and fully stocked. The hotel had plenty of pamphlets with things to do and coupons.
The location was just right for a young couple like us. There was a restaurant in the hotel (which we did not take advantage of), a convienence store across the street, a bus stop next to the hotel, Market Square (an authentic Mexican Market with a flea market across the way) was two blocks away, and less than a mile to the Riverwalk. Our stay was problem-free. Check-out was efficient as well and the concierge drove us to the airport for half the price as the taxi!

Perfectly serviceable

by TripAdvisor Member mooseyfate

This is not a bad hotel, it's not a particularly good hotel, but it'll do. It's right off of the highway, and really easy to find. It's a little far to walk to much of anything, although the weekend we went was the weekend they got a snowstorm and we didn't walk much of anywhere! I suppose you could probably walk to Market Square, it's only a few blocks. Alamo and Riverwalk are a bit far though unless you had to. One nice thing with that though is that parking is free.
The hotel itself is exactly what you think of with a holiday inn. Smallish unimpressive lobby, long long corridors of rooms (ours was all the way to the back, but there are doors on that side too). Set up as a big square with the pool in the middle of it. It was covered, as it was winter and snowing. The carpet, furniture and bathroom are all a bit outdated, but again, perfectly serviceable. High speed internet worked in the room. It's just a very average hotel room. Beds, chair, desk, TV/armoire. Nothing special to say. As a note, I know that I got the lowest level of room you can get - booked it through Priceline. It was the best price I've seen, that's for sure.

Durango ok

by TripAdvisor Member PAnative

Scheduled stay through hotwire. Got in after midnight from late flight. Only room available was an accessible room for wheelchair access. Was told by the manager in charge to insist on another room the next day. Went to the desk the next day to request another room and was told they were booked solid so he could not give me one that day. (I was there for 1 week)so asked about the next night and he said they were not booked up yet, but hotwire does not guarantee a specific type of room, only a room! He stated that he could not guarantee anything available the rest of the week! Did get a 2 bed double room the following day, was with my husband, but after all the hassle, didn't even bother with requesting a king.
BEWARE that hotwire rates are low on the priority for rooms as far as the hotels go!
The hotel was OK...would not pay regular price...food not very good...split pea soup three days in a row!

Comments