150 East Houston Street, San Antonio, Texas, 78205, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• dtimoske's Profile Photo

The Most Interesting Hotel On the Riverwalk

If you want a unique, luxury hotel in San Antonio, this is the one. The service was exceptional and the beds very comfortable. Our room had a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The hotel offers valet parking, concierge service, a bar, a restaurant, and a great staff.

Unique Quality: The furnishings here are very unique. If you want your standard run-of-the-mill luxury, stay at the Marriott, which is also very nice. But if you are looking for something different or something romantic, stay at the Hotel Valencia. Don't miss the bar. It's one of the most interesting bars in the city with a view overlooking the river.

• Meghan1's Profile Photo

Valencia

My only complaint would be that they don't have a pool. Other than that, it was really comfortable, stylish and right on the Riverwalk.

Directions: Riverwalk

• Elegance in San Antonio

This hotel is off the beaten path of the Riverwalk. If you want to experience the quiet serenity of the Riverwalk instead of the hustle/bustle, this is the place. The service is 5 star. Egyptian cotton (400 thread count ) sheets feel almost like silk. The room was tastefully appointed. The restaurant is a place you need to visit.

Unique Quality: Don't miss the fireplace in the atrium on the 3rd floor. It is magnificent.

More about Hotel Valencia Riverwalk

Anniversary Bliss

My wife and I recently spent our 16th wedding anniversary in San Antonio at the Valencia, and it was almost perfect. We were greeted by a courteous and helpful staff, and the room was very elegant. We had a courtyard room on the third floor, and it really added to romantic atmosphere of this significant event, as we lounged in the courtyard late and night talking by the waterfall. It was so serene and enjoyable that my wife commented how happy she was, with tears in her eyes. The workout room was also very clean and well equipped. Because of the good location of the hotel, we were able to walk to all of the major attractions, river walk, shopping mall, and fine restaurants. We parked at a covered garage a block away, by a police substation, for $6 a day, rather than pay the expensive $24 valet parking fee. The only negative is that we were charged erroneously for mini-bar use, but the error was immediately corrected when we notified the accounting department. We highly recommend this hotel for couples, but follow up on your reservation and record the name of the people you talk to.

Billed for a night I was at home?

I stayed at the Valencia for a seminar, and found the rooms looked attractive, but mine smelled like a cheap cigar. I called the desk and they sent an air filter, which ran the whole time but did little to clear up the air. When I left, I used the Express Check-out and had no balance. (The group I was with picked up the bill.) I just discovered that they charged me for the next night. I tried to call the hotel several times, finally finding out that I needed to speak with someone during the 8-5:00 hours. The hotel looks nice, but it is lacking in the Customer Service Department.

Honeymoon Heaven

My husband and I are from the San Antonio area and don't regularly stay at hotels in town, but for our honeymoon we wanted something really special. I booked the Hotel Valencia on a whim because I didn't really know much about it other than it looked nice. After a relaxing limo ride from our reception to the center of town, we drove up and were quickly helped out of the limo with our luggage already in their hands.
They took us up to the second floor for a quick checkin and then led us to our riverview room. Our room was trendy and modern. It was the special type of room we were looking for. We relaxed on the bistro set on the balcony and the king size bed was so comfortable. It was exactly what we needed after our big day. Needless to say we are planning on honeymooning every anniversary at the Hotel Valencia.

Phenomenal Romantic Birthday Setting!

by TripAdvisor Member alamobro55

Unbelievable value for such an easily 5-Star luxury hotel in my estimation. The staff had the utmost courtesy and warmth, while the room and balcony opening to the courtyard was an escape my wife and I will truly remember. The manager even wrote and signed a personal note of greeting and appreciation that my wife and I had selected the Hotel Valencia for her birthday evening. Because we were curious, a member of the hotel personnel indicated that the hotel had just opened in January and was constructed and decorated at a cost exceeding fifty million.
Trust me, it shows. I would agree that this hotel is more suited for couples although nothing indicated to me that the hotel would be uncomfortable with kids staying there. Guys, this is a hotel that your wife will tell her friends about and make you look real good!

Loved Hotel Valencia!!

The moment that we drove up to this hotel and were greeted by the valet parkers with professionalism and friendliness - we knew that it was going to be a great getaway. One walks inside the front doors and is greeted by a magnificent waterfall and red carpet throughout the hotel.
The lighting is magnificent as is the dark wood furnishings and the comfortalbe seating. We had a junior suite with an adjoing room for our two little ones. The junior suite was awesome with a semi circular tv area with four seperate couches and four ottomans. The junior suite is approx 500 square feet - plenty of room if you have children. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was exquisite. The faux mink throws are beautiful and inviting to look at. Overall the service was excellent and the room was wonderful. We would definitely highly recommend this hotel.. it is also on a quite area of the Riverwalk which was nice. Amy Cribbins

Valencia is dark but nice

by TripAdvisor Member raven40

Nice convenient smallish Riverwalk hotel. Superb resturant but expensive. Eat breakfast somewhere else! Good for business travellers and vacationers willing to spend a little extra. Caution! bring eye glasses the decor is VERY dark.

Not Worth the Money

As we drove past the hotel on my birthday, I grew anxious to see how beautiful the inside was in person. We parked and went into the lobby.
I must admit it is a beautiful setting and outstanding rooms. But if you are looking for service in a hotel, drive on! We entered our room and began changing clothes since it had been pouring outside. To our surprise, the door opened and there stood a service man who was "just checking the room." No knock. No excuse me. Nothing. After getting dressed we tried to locate the honor bar menu. I had to call the front desk to have them bring one up and to check out why our cooler was not keeping the drinks cool. I was told that someone would be right up. We waited for a while and then decided we did not need to be there for someone to hand us a piece of paper with drink prices and fix our cooler. We went shopping for a couple of hours and then returned to our room to find that nothing had been delivered and the cooler was still warm. So I called again. The service desk apologized profusely and sent the technician within 5 minutes. The drinks did not have time to cool so luckily we walked to a neighborhood store to pick uo a bottle of wine. At least Hotel Valencia's proximity to the store and the River were up to par. If you would like to stay somewhere asthetically pleasing but with a lack in service at luxury rates, then I would reccommend this hotel. As for me, I will stay somewhere else next time.

Comments