Hyatt Place San Antonio / Riverwalk

Tags

Family Travel
See Amenities

humiliated

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 27, 2011

It was the Christmas Day and everybody supposed to caring, supportive, and help each other out, guess what happened? We reached there little after 3 am CST and could not find anyone at the front desk. Then we Mr. T, night auditor after looking for him for 5 minutes after long journey San Antonio. We purchased 2 rooms from Priceline and we try to check in, but he would not let us in and his explanation was we did not show up before 3 am. Then changed story and time 2am and that was the deadline. Anyways he first said we didnt get charged as no show, later told us we got charged since we did not show up. Since we were so tired I even tried to pay out of pocket to buy room at regular price. He declined to give us a room. I guess because of our skin color. I would say that because you could read from his face, but he had good explanation that his system would not let us in. I wonder why his system will let him work if he can't generate profit for the business.
Next I call to ask them if they would sell a room if a guest show up early in the morning and they say and I asked why they did not let me in. They answer is he was a night auditor and he did not to how to process our request apology comes along and very next i called the manager and another apology and convince me take the money back and offer points so i can use else where and if i ever visit SA call the manager so that I can get a room there as a compliment. Do u think i will ever go to get a room early in the morning when the person who is working at that time does not how to use the system?
I will let you be the judge and think what would do in that situation and look for different place to stay after long journey.
Wish i could upload the video on youtube show the whole world how I felt. I feel disrespected, humiliated and embarrassed in front my family.

Unique Quality: Nothing at all

shargurl's Profile Photo

Fabulous Find!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 5, 2008

We received a complimentary stay at this hotel through a website. All we needed to pay for was taxes. We were a little apprehensive because of it being "free", but our doubts were dispelled right upon check-in. The staff was wonderful and the accomodations were great! Our room was something out of HGTV! We have never had anything so modern, it was fabulous!

The hotel was located in Northwest San Antonio, so just about a 15 to 20 min. drive to all major attractions. I felt the location was great. There are many restaurants very near by, 2 within walking distance.

Unique Quality: The room was one big room with a wall divider in the middle. The flat screen TV (which was huge and you could also rotate) was positioned so you could see it from the couch and beds. It was decorated impeccably!

They had a delicious snack bar which we indulged in. Complimentary breakfast, and also you could order from a touch screen and have your meals prepared that you could pick up and take back to your room.

Nearby Hyatt Place San Antonio / Riverwalk

Hyatt Place San Antonio / Riverwalk

• Amerisuites San Antonio
  • Amerisuites Riverwalk San Antonio
  • Hyatt Place San Antonio/riverwalk Hotel San Antonio

Address: 601 South St. Mary's Street, (Formerly AmeriSuites), San Antonio, Texas, 78205, United States

5 Photos of Hyatt Place San Antonio / Riverwalk

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge

San Antonio Travel Forum

Need advice about San Antonio, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for San Antonio and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Antonio hotel reviews

Morton's of Chicago
Pico de Gallo
Surprise: A Festival on the Plaza
Things to Do
Photographers: Enjoy a mostly original mission
Photographers: Lovely Arches at the Mission