La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N. Rittiman Road

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about San Antonio

RiverwalkRiverwalk

Old barracks of the Cavalry/Artillery PostOld barracks of the Cavalry/Artillery Post

The PlazaThe Plaza

The Main EntranceThe Main Entrance

BBQ

by joebarcas

Where can I get the bet BBQ in San Antonio?

Re: BBQ

by Ewingjr98

I can't believe no one has responded to this question yet! I've only visited San Antonio a few times, but I'm a big fan of County Line BBQ. They used to have a restaurant in Colorado Springs that we loved. The San Antonio location is on the Riverwalk so a little touristy and expensive, but tasty.

During my last visit I was told Rudy's is the best around, but it's a drive from downtown, and I didn't need BBQ bad enough to not have a few beers with my dinner!

Joe

Travel Tips for San Antonio

Take the time to visit the...

by tarush

Take the time to visit the 'Towers of the Americas'. Although I haven't been up there yet, since I thought they would accept cards for the $3 entrance fee. I know it sounds lame that I went to visit a city without cash, but it one of those on the spot decisions we all make at 3 a.m one morning to drive 230 miles and drive back the next morning ;-)

From the top, you can see just about everything else in San Antonio. The observation deck offers a panoramic view of the city and the rolling hills surrounding it. And from 550 feet in the air, the view is breathtaking.

Glass-walled elevators rise more than 500 feet to the open-air observation level, where the restaurant serves up Southwestern specialties and the lounge serves pricey drinks.

Laredo, Texas or Nuevo Laredo, Mexico

by spartan

Take a trip to Laredo, Texas or cross the border to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico (I-35 South). Mexico's quintessential border town receives more daily visitors from the north than any other city along the U.S.-Mexico border. Partially this is due to the city's location (only two and a half hours from one of the 10 largest cities in the U.S./San Antonio, Texas); another reason is that the city offers a well-developed downtown with everything from elegant dining to street vendors to cut-rate liquor stores, plus two leafy public plazas, all within walking distance of the International Bridge.

Although Nuevo Laredo's population of 278,000 has outpaced that of 'Old' Laredo's 120,000, the two cities are closely linked by culture and economics. Holidays as culturally distinct as Washington's Birthday and Mexican Independence Day are celebrated on both sides of the border, and the twin cities share a single pro baseball team, Los Tecolotes de los Dos Laredos, which plays in both Mexican and American minor leagues.

Tariff and customs revenues collected at Nuevo Laredo are greater than at any other port of entry in Mexico, and along with Ciudad Juárez and Tijuana, Nuevo Laredo is one of the most important business centers along La Frontera. The maquila industry that plays such an important role in other large border towns is integrated here into a more diverse area economy that includes import-export operations, transportation, cotton farming, cattle ranching, and tourism.

Didnt get all of the fuss

by BellaMora about La Hacienda de los Barrios

This restaurant is a very popular spot and they are known for their puffy tacos. Other than the ambiance, I just didnt see what all of the fuss was about. I had their beef enchilada dinner and it wasnt any better than the Little Fish Factory. Maybe I should have had the puffy taco. They made up for the lackluster experience by serving me a Greg Norman Shiraz. So I was VERY happy to have that. Other than that, I think this is one of those places that you'll just have to try for yourself. The outside cantina area was very nice. The weather was warm and they had a live band on this particular Friday night. This is a great spot to have some drinks if you live in the area. I was here for a company function. Otherwise, I would not have made that long drive for this particular Mexican food venue at all. I will however, check out a wine dinner event here since they had a stunning listing of great wines.

Nice & Clean

by Yaqui about Rib Train

My hotel offerred a free breakfast with the room, so each morning I took full advantage of breafast before I attended to training. I enjoy the meal each morning and the coffee was really good. The service was helpful and so friendly. The place is a little dated, but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is very good here!

Riverwalk

by dln6874

The Riverwalk is a canal of water below street levels where you can walk along to shop, stroll, and eat. You can enter the Riverwalk from a lot of places and since it's different in various parts of the Riverwalk, it's worth walking along it for a while. It's really pretty down there.

Comments